Anthem Feb 13 Sailing would you cancel?

TNCruzer56

No way would I travel from FL to NJ in the winter. If they brought AM to FL I would absolutely sail with Captain Andersen. My take on the fiasco is RCI & Captain Andersen did not have a good enough plan B (and C) for this trip. I'm sure this already been corrected as we all learn from our mistakes.

Yep sure would. And I don't appreciate you calling him Captain Disaster. There was NO disaster. Admittedly, everyone onboard had a frightening experience. But DISASTER - come on get a grip. Or better yet do a tour of the area 5 miles east of my house that was flattened by a tornado in December. THAT's a disaster. Geez...

Just as well really as I would not want to be on a ship with someone as rude as you. This Captain, The Hotel Director and all the crew did an incredible job. Despite extremely rough seas, nobody was seriously hurt. I am some people were very scared, but they are safe, that is what matters. Who cares about a few downed ceiling tiles, and some broken plant pots, plates and glasses.

I would be very happy to have this crew on any future sailing.

First of all how did you get that little bug on your message? I spent a minute trying to wipe it off my monitor! The one question I haven't seen is who made the actual decision to head out into the storm-the captain or the home office worried about keeping to the schedule? We were on a Carnival ship leaving Cozumel a few years ago and I was on the top deck taking pictures when I noticed a huge dark squall line heading in our direction. Our captain apparently had a little too much confidence in the ship's side thrusters as he pulled away from the dock. A few minutes later we were hit by 70mph winds and pushed into the side of a RCCL ship docked across the harbor. Fortunately the collision was side to side so not a lot of damage.

and his bunch of $$ hungry weather bug rejects. Would you take your beloved family aboard...I wouldn`t

Yep. Doing it on March 27, 2016.

Wife is a little concerned, and will defer to her if the weather is an issue.

However, speaking for myself, the storm was massive and it rocked the Anthem. The Anthem "is not the Minnow," and it did not get lost. The Anthem is engineered and designed "for a lot more." The 'risk is to the passengers as frail humans compared to the steel ship. FOUR passengers had minor injuries. The degrees of roll were "not record setting at all."

So, as I prepare to do Drakes passage with a business associate in the coming years, in which the waves are consistently at or above those experienced by Anthem (and for Drakes passage, "for an extended period of time during the crossing,") I'll remember the marvel of the Anthem's performance in February of 2016.

Since "you wouldn't," I am relieved we won't have to endure such a co-passenger on our upcoming Anthem cruise.

So, go back to the corner of your room and be an angry and project your fear mongering back at yourself. "You have no power here" as the Saruman possessed King Theoden conjured. He was wrong too.

and his bunch of $$ hungry weather bug rejects. Would you take your beloved family aboard...I wouldn`t

I would in a heart beat. I wish I had been on last week. I think it would have been a great adventure. The captain did an excellent job according to all reports. Weather happens, it wasn't anyone's fault.

IF you are lucky neither the captain or RCCL will sue you for your libelous comments.

You really need to get a life, and now there is another one on my ignore list.

Edited by zqvol

I would in a heart beat. I wish I had been on last week. I think it would have been a great adventure. The captain did an excellent job according to all reports. Weather happens, it wasn't anyone's fault.

I wish I was on it also. I would be designing my new beach house on Maui.

The captain did an excellent job after the fact.

Why was this post not deleted? The monitors on here delete things pretty regularly that are not that bad. Starting a post like that it should be shut down. You could try and have a battle of whits with TNcruzer but he is defenseless so its a waste of time.

YES I would cruise with him.

I was on a ship leaving England for a Transatlantic. We had a brief window between two storms but it would entail 110mph winds and 30ft seas. The ship sailed and the ship rocked for TWO DAYS. I had no problem with that situation because I knew the ships are built to handle it and the captains are seasoned. Because they knew we were heading into rough seas they tied down the potted plants, liquor bottles, put away glasses, etc. and all was just fine.

Capt. Claus….you did a fantastic job with the Anthem last weekend!!

I have great respect for Capt. Claus. OP…I can't say the same for you and your poor judgement posting.

Edited by beachnative

Would not hesitate in the least. Don't cruise in the winter - it's taking a chance. Our RCCL cruise on the Liberty was diverted to New Brunswick in October. Not what we were expecting, but we had a great time. But I took a chance. Wound up in New Brunswick (yawn) instead of beautiful Bermuda. End of rant...

Absolutely! Enough of this crap already :eek:, I think we have enough threads on the subject! Think CC should combine all of these posts into one.

That would be one very big post. What if they just combine all the threads into one?