Anthem Feb 13 Sailing would you cancel?

TNCruzer56

A forecast last Thursday night (Feb 4) from the NWS Ocean Prediction Center said that by Sunday night, the Atlantic Ocean off the Carolinas would experience winds up to 50 knots (57.5 mph) and seas up to to 31 feet. By Saturday afternoon, forecasts were calling for 65 knot (75 mph)winds and seas to 11.5 meters (about 38 feet) by noon Sunday.

The Anthem has highly multiple sophisticated meteorological systems aboard.

On Saturday has was fully aware the monster was growing, (barometric pressure falling, isobars getting tighter and a defined "eye" was forming.

He knew this on SATURDAY. Armed with the information that the beast was growing, he just headed right into it.

On Saturday, even a half-wit could look at this and know that this was no normal low pressure system

capture3.jpg?resize=800%2C548

I see you like conspiracies. I suggest you stick with antivaxing and chemtrails.

A forecast last Thursday night (Feb 4) from the NWS Ocean Prediction Center said that by Sunday night, the Atlantic Ocean off the Carolinas would experience winds up to 50 knots (57.5 mph) and seas up to to 31 feet. By Saturday afternoon, forecasts were calling for 65 knot (75 mph)winds and seas to 11.5 meters (about 38 feet) by noon Sunday.

The Anthem has highly multiple sophisticated meteorological systems aboard.

On Saturday has was fully aware the monster was growing, (barometric pressure falling, isobars getting tighter and a defined "eye" was forming.

He knew this on SATURDAY. Armed with the information that the beast was growing, he just headed right into it.

On Saturday, even a half-wit could look at this and know that this was no normal low pressure system

capture3.jpg?resize=800%2C548

Glad a genius like you has it all figured out. It'll save the Coast Guard and NTSB a lot of money investigating. Have you called them and offered your "expertise?" I'm sure they'd leap at the chance to have some "real expert" get to the bottom of this. Or do you just want to avoid the unnecessary steps of a real investigation and take Captain Claus to the Anthem and keel haul him now?

OF COURSE I WOULD. He showed extraordinary skill in keeping all passengers safe. Royal Caribbean is fortunate in having a captain with his experience.

BTW we're not loyal to Royal. We sail all cruise lines.

His extraordinary skills got you into the mess, it's only fair that he gets you out. There was bad weather forecast and he chose to ignore it. Forecasts are just educated guesses, if you choose to take it as gospel, then you deserve what you got.

definite will sail on anthem and captain andersen. He was so good on my jan 3 cruise. I will never top cruising because of this. This is one in lifetime thing.

I believe we had a different captain on the 1/3 cruise.

Oops I see that someone else already said this.

Edited by MisterBill99

It is my understanding that the captain is only there for us to take photos, give garbled and droning announcements, and to join us at the captains table for a feast.

So, Yes! I would definitely sail with this fella.

Reasons:

1. He would distract others from looking at me in photos.

2. It doesn't look like he would eat much so that would leave more food for me at the captains table.

Nothing else matters to me as I know that the ship is actually controlled by a TEAM of highly skilled professionals. They don't tell me how to do my job, and neither I theirs.

One would think that the buck stops with the captain but.... I smell a rat. It doesn't add up. I suspect that the root cause of this one is actually located in the Miami corporate office. Lets check Hillary's email server for the missing evidence.

:D

Edited by TubbyMrT

Yes! Are people cancelling? Maybe I can get a great discount!

Enjoy your cruise!

From NOAA:

Hazardous Weather Outlook

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WAKEFIELD VA

409 AM EST THU FEB 11 2016

NCZ012>017-030>032-102-VAZ095>098-120915-

NORTHAMPTON NC-HERTFORD-GATES-PASQUOTANK-CAMDEN-INLAND CURRITUCK-

BERTIE-CHOWAN-PERQUIMANS-OUTER BANKS CURRITUCK-NORFOLK/PORTSMOUTH-

SUFFOLK-CHESAPEAKE-VIRGINIA BEACH-

409 AM EST THU FEB 11 2016

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR COASTAL NORTHEAST NORTH

CAROLINA...INTERIOR NORTHEAST NORTH CAROLINA...THE NORTHERN OUTER

BANKS OF NORTH CAROLINA AND SOUTH HAMPTON ROADS VIRGINIA.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT.

WIND CHILL VALUES WILL BE IN THE MID TO UPPER 20S THIS AFTERNOON.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...FRIDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

LOW PRESSURE TRACKING OFF THE SOUTHEAST AND MID ATLANTIC COAST

WILL BRING THE POTENTIAL FOR A PERIOD OF LIGHT SNOW FRIDAY

AFTERNOON INTO FRIDAY EVENING. THE CURRENT FORECAST SNOW

ACCUMULATION RANGES FROM A FEW TENTHS OF AN INCH OVER SOUTHEAST

VIRGINIA...TO NEAR ONE INCH ALONG THE ALBEMARLE SOUND.

AN ARCTIC AIRMASS WILL OVERSPREAD THE REGION THIS WEEKEND. LOW

TEMPERATURES SATURDAY NIGHT ARE FORECAST TO DROP INTO THE LOWER

TEENS...WITH WIND CHILLS DROPPING TO AROUND 0.

Captain Andersen (and the rest of the crew) and Anthem proved themselves in some very extraordinary conditions. I would sail with him in heart beat!

As to the OP: Get a grip!

Also, don't post weather charts, as I doubt you have the knowledge / experience in meteorology to know how to analyze them.

Gosh, this nonsense has to stop! :mad:

Absolutely I've sailed on Anthem with Captain Claus I can't believe all the rubbish and nastiness that's been written on here.

iD have been terrified if I'd been on that sailing but I'd also have been very relived he was the captain he loves that ship and no way would he jeopardise the safety of the passengers and crew . weather happens, it's winter, there home safely now, move on