Transatlantic on Vision Class or Radiance Class?Advice needed.

Hi all,

Have a cabin held on the 16-night Rhapsody TA from Tampa to Rome next year in April. I have to decide by tomorrow if I want to book. While a Voyager/Freedom Class seems fun to do a TA, it has no enclosed solarium, so that's why I'm torn between a vision class and Radiance class ships. I have done them both and the only thing I miss on the Vision class is the helipad. May be too cold up there anyway

Rhapsody has 8 sea days or so in a row and I'll be traveling solo. I love reading and relaxing, but I am afraid that I will get a little lonely.

What class ship would you book for a TA? Vision or Radiance? Itinerary doesn't really matter so much, love the fact that Rhapsody is 16 nights.

What would be the advantages if I book on the Adventure in September? (Haven't done that in a long time, can't remembEr)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cindy

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Have enjoyed both ships I would say it doesnt matter if the Heli pad is important then go that way. You should have days that are in the 70 degree area and I always like to find places out of the wind and in the sun that can be very warm even when the temps are cooler.

Happy sailing

Brian J

We love both classes but would choose. radiance class for a TA - main reason is that they are newer and have Azipods rather than propellers. I always find the Azipods driven ships are smoother.

Of course the recent Anthem excitement may contradict this.

We love both classes but would choose. radiance class for a TA - main reason is that they are newer and have Azipods rather than propellers. I always find the Azipods driven ships are smoother.

Of course the recent Anthem excitement may contradict this.

Azipods have propellers too.

I have taken only 2 TAs--but one was on the Legend[Vision class] and one on the Brilliance [Radiance class]. We found more to do on the Brilliance. There are just more places to be/activities on rainy or cool days. [Cinema, pub, self leveling pool tables, etc]

Ours were fall TAs so I can not comment on the weather/ocean conditions at that time of year.

We loved both trips and we are doing another TA this fall.

Seems like Radiance class has the most votes, so I think I'll wait for more itineraries to come out and chose what fits me best. I might even opt for a fall TA then. Thanks for your replies and helping me what to do :)

Cindy

I think fall TAs have a couple of nice advantages.

Lots of 25 hr days as you pick up time moving west. [vs 23 hr days :(]

You get the long plane ride over and relax coming back to the US.

The weather is often warmer than in the spring.

Seems like Radiance class has the most votes, so I think I'll wait for more itineraries to come out and chose what fits me best. I might even opt for a fall TA then. Thanks for your replies and helping me what to do :)

Cindy

Cindy, I would happily book either one. There are things I like better on both ships. I actually like Vision Class's Solarium better because it feels more spacious. However, I would likely lean toward Radiance Class because the balconies are a little bigger and they are more private, making them more comfortable for all those sea days. Of course, if you're not looking at balconies, that's irrelevant. Good luck with your choice. :)

Cindy, I would happily book either one. There are things I like better on both ships. I actually like Vision Class's Solarium better because it feels more spacious. However, I would likely lean toward Radiance Class because the balconies are a little bigger and they are more private, making them more comfortable for all those sea days. Of course, if you're not looking at balconies, that's irrelevant. Good luck with your choice. :)

I can't remember Radiance solarium, but I loved the one on Vision. Spent sea days reading, or playing cards with my mom. Balconies don't really matter, more than 3300€ for one person. Little high for my budget. I'm probably looking at interior or ocean view. Leaving Florida is perfect, since a one-way is around 250-300€. I prefer the Eastbound since I won't have the dreaded jetlag. With 8 seadays in a row, I'm afraid Rhapsody will start to feel small. I really don't know, since I have a soft spot for Radiance Class. I'll probably have to sleep on it. Decisions, decisions...thanks for your help, I really appreciate it

Cindy

I think fall TAs have a couple of nice advantages.

Lots of 25 hr days as you pick up time moving west. [vs 23 hr days :(]

You get the long plane ride over and relax coming back to the US.

The weather is often warmer than in the spring.

Thanks for the heads up, but I am from Europe, so Eastbound would be relaxing for me :)

Cindy

We were on the Legend eastbound in the Spring and really enjoyed ourselves. We found there was plenty to do! We definitely prefer the "smaller" ships (Vision / Radiance class) over the bigger ships.

Thanks. Love your name by the way, that's how I feel right now :D

Cindy

I can't remember Radiance solarium, but I loved the one on Vision...

I agree with Paul about the Solarium size. We've recently been on two Vision cruises with a Brilliance cruise between, and my wife and I both commented on how the Vision (exact sister to Rhapsody) Solarium felt more spacious.

Hi all,

Have a cabin held on the 16-night Rhapsody TA from Tampa to Rome next year in April. I have to decide by tomorrow if I want to book. While a Voyager/Freedom Class seems fun to do a TA, it has no enclosed solarium, so that's why I'm torn between a vision class and Radiance class ships. I have done them both and the only thing I miss on the Vision class is the helipad. May be too cold up there anyway

Rhapsody has 8 sea days or so in a row and I'll be traveling solo. I love reading and relaxing, but I am afraid that I will get a little lonely.

What class ship would you book for a TA? Vision or Radiance? Itinerary doesn't really matter so much, love the fact that Rhapsody is 16 nights.

What would be the advantages if I book on the Adventure in September? (Haven't done that in a long time, can't remembEr)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cindy

The Vission Class is good:), but the Radiance Class is the best:D RCL has in our opinion!

So we'd chose the Radiance first always, but its really personal opinion!:confused:

I don't think you'll go wrong with either. We've done 3 TAs, Liberty, Adventure Splendour, and loved them all but my favourite was Splendour as the smaller ship was so friendly (both passengers and staff). There were still plenty of activities so no need to be bored.

If you want to make friends make sure you join the roll call, they have been brilliant for all of our TAs, lots of participants and lots of group activities organised for the sea days if you want to join in.

Julie

For some reason I can't get the quote or multiquote functions to work right now. With regards to the Solariums, DW and I preferred the Solarium on Serenade to the one on Grandeur and I'd go so far as to say that the Radiance class Solarium is our favorite of the ships we've been on. We actually felt opposite from you, Bob, and that the Radiance class Solarium felt bigger. Mind you we were on Grandeur rather than Vision/Rhapsody so that Solarium might, indeed, actually be smaller since the Visions aren't a true class. I do love the decor in the Radiance class Solariums

2_solarium_pool_34-470x349.jpg

2_solarium_pool_4_.jpg

I'll be doing my first TA this April. I was torn between the Brilliance TA and Vision TA (both out of Tampa) I went with Vision because the price was a little better, I liked the itinerary and I have several friends already booked so it was a easy choice for me. And the dates worked out a little better for me work wise.

I've sailed on Both Vision and Radiance class and they're really more similar than they are different in my opinion. I'd go with which ever has the itinerary you like.

I agree with Paul about the Solarium size. We've recently been on two Vision cruises with a Brilliance cruise between, and my wife and I both commented on how the Vision (exact sister to Rhapsody) Solarium felt more spacious.

I agree, the solarium on Vision feels bigger and less crowded than the Radiance-class solariums.

Frankly, given what I'm paying for the 2016 April TA, I think the prices for 2017 are really high. Since you're not from the U.S., I'm not sure if you're stuck with the price you pay now or if you can get an adjustment if there's a price drop. I originally booked the May 2016 Navigator cruise in March and ended up switching to the April Brilliance cruise in September. By that time the price was down to $999/pp for a balcony on the Brilliance. Since final payment, prices on balcony guarantees have bounced around a bit, but still about what I paid (or a bit less). I understand there's a fairly high number of balconies that are still unsold.

Maybe you're best bet is to book the cheapest cabin and then buy up to a balcony later in the game (but again, I don't know if you face any penalties in a non-U.S. booking).

We just booked this Rhapsody TA for April, 2017 this past week when we were on Oasis. Believe it or not, it shows all balconies and suites are sold out so we ended up booking a large interior.

This past April we sailed Brilliance of the Seas eastbound transatlantic and found we didn't use our balcony much so we're hoping we'll be ok.

From what we were told when we booked this onboard, there isn't a lot of difference between the Radiance class and Vision class except that Rhapsody may be a tiny bit smaller than Brilliance. We love the Radiance class ships so we're pretty sure we'll be fine on this ship.

Hope you book and join us. :)