Dreaming about dessert.

What are the must tries for my upcoming cruise(freedom of the seas)? I'm on a strict diet up to my cruise but when I travel anything goes and I like to try everything. We will only try things that are included in the original price no specialty dining. What are your favorite desserts? also favorite soups,apps,meals... And where are they located if you remember.

I will be one of the few in a minority.

I usually only splurge on the cake pops on the promenade, and will hit the soft serve ice cream machines on pool deck.

At dinner I attempt to avoid the extra calories (some times I succeed), other times I will have a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Yup, some of the offered desserts do nothing for me.

DH loves the Key lime pie and cheese cake.

Enjoy

Edited by Lionesss

Desserts

Cheesecake pops (Cafe Promenade)

Carrot Cake (MDR, Mojo Menu)

Sticky Bread and Butter Pudding (MDR, Pimiento Menu)

Tiramisu (MDR, Pimiento Menu)

Key Lime Pie (MDR, Pomodoro Menu)

Appetizers

Toasted Farro and Lamb Broth (MDR, Mojo Menu)

Hot Harira Soup (MDR, Shiitake Menu)

Caprese Salad (MDR, Pimiento Menu)

Creamy Roasted Garlic Soup (MDR, Pimiento Menu)

Minestrone (MDR, Pimiento Menu)

Roasted Poblano Pepper and Corn Soup (MDR, Jasmine Menu)

Entrees

Mojo-Marinated Grilled Pork Chops (MDR, Mojo Menu)

Carved Filet of Beef Tenderloin (MDR, Saffron Menu)

Chicken Marsala (MDR, Pimiento Menu)

MDR: Key Lime Pie, Rosemary Lamb Shank.

Giovanni's: Risotto.

I agree with you regarding key lime pie and Giovanni's risotto.

I am usually a fan of the lamb shank but been disappointed twice on Royal Caribbean cruises. On the Anthem, it was undercooked - didn't fall off the bone, in fact meat was stuck to the bone. Did tell the waiter but not sure feedback reached the kitchen. On the Oasis, properly cooked but lacked flavour. Was very disappointing on both occasions. Perhaps I was just unlucky.

I agree with you regarding key lime pie and Giovanni's risotto.

I am usually a fan of the lamb shank but been disappointed twice on Royal Caribbean cruises. On the Anthem, it was undercooked - didn't fall off the bone, in fact meat was stuck to the bone. Did tell the waiter but not sure feedback reached the kitchen. On the Oasis, properly cooked but lacked flavour. Was very disappointing on both occasions. Perhaps I was just unlucky.

I have also recently encountered the lamb shank that was rather dry and not as good as I've had in the past. I'm hoping it was an anomoly, because that was one of the MDR meals I enjoyed the most. I have found that the lamb shank is usually served in Windjammer that same night as in the MDR, and at least in Windjammer you can have a choice.

I have also recently encountered the lamb shank that was rather dry and not as good as I've had in the past. I'm hoping it was an anomoly, because that was one of the MDR meals I enjoyed the most. I have found that the lamb shank is usually served in Windjammer that same night as in the MDR, and at least in Windjammer you can have a choice.

I had a good lamb shank on our recent (Jan. 2016) Vision cruise, though it seemed smaller than I remembered--maybe it was just my imagination.

There are very few desserts I bother with anymore, because to me they are simply not worth it. Particularly with the layered cakes/tortes and mousse-type desserts, they are flavorless and rubbery or otherwise off in texture. Some of the fruit desserts are okay, and the key lime pie is pretty much the same as always. There are a couple of lunch desserts that are better than the dinner menu desserts, like the raspberry ganache tart and the gianduja cake.

Some of the ice cream and sherbet offerings are good. In particular, the pineapple sherbet was excellent--good flavor and not overly sweet.

What are the must tries for my upcoming cruise(freedom of the seas)? I'm on a strict diet up to my cruise but when I travel anything goes and I like to try everything. We will only try things that are included in the original price no specialty dining. What are your favorite desserts? also favorite soups,apps,meals... And where are they located if you remember.

OP...another option for desserts is ask for the kids menu. I do and we don't have kids. There are a few desserts on that menu that are excellent that you won't find on the MDR dessert menu.

Edited by davekathy

OP...another option for desserts is ask for the kids menu. I do and we don't have kids. There are a few desserts on that menu that are excellent that you won't find on the MDR dessert menu.

Brownie Madness!:)

My favorites:

Cheese rolls

Horseradish encrusted salmon

vignole salad

beef filet

cheese tortellini

seafood salad

Desserts:

Peach Berry crumble with ice cream

Apple tart with ice cream

carrot cake

sticky bread pudding

Ivory parfait

The food on our recent Vision cruise was very good!

Sherri:)