Cancelled show on the Escape.

Just received this email from NCL. Went on line to book another show but there is nothing available. What are my chances of getting a reservation while on board?

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and Norwegian Escape for your upcoming cruise vacation.

Our records indicate that you have made reservations for MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET show on Monday, February 29, 2016 at 7:00 pm.

We have made scheduling changes and would like to inform you that this show time is no longer available.

Please go to http://www.ncl.com to book an alternative show time. Or you may visit Box Office team once on board.

We're very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,

Norwegian Cruise Line

Please do not reply to this email.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me too! Both shows for April 16 cruise on Escape. And there is nothing available to book on the website except Brat Pack and Wine Taster's The Musical (already saw this). I wonder what is going on? So now I am trying to get earlier dining reservations, and there is nothing available for a party of 2.

We just had this happen to us on our April Escape sailing as well with nothing available to rebook online. NCL is never good at this kind of communication. There is another thread where the poster mentions being on the Getaway and this being across all ships. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2316599

Got my email from NCL at 2:04 and immediately called. After 21 minutes on hold, rep came back and simply said that she had spoken to the entertainment supervisor and for now the show is "removed". No other show is scheduled to replace MDQ.

I am very, very disappointed. I'm traveling with my two sisters, and old gals will have a good ole time no matter what, we always do. But this isn't the same cruise I booked a year ago. That cruise had free Margaritaville and Million Dollar Quartet. This one doesn't. There is more going on so maybe someone with better detective skills can get to the bottom of this.

After 21 minutes on hold, rep came back and simply said that she had spoken to the entertainment supervisor and for now the show is "removed". No other show is scheduled to replace MDQ.

Meaning - that specific showtime was "removed" and no replacement show is schedule for that night? I can't imagine they're abandoning the show altogether.

Meaning - that specific showtime was "removed" and no replacement show is schedule for that night? I can't imagine they're abandoning the show altogether.

Hi Doug. I'm traveling with you next time lol. Rep used the word "removed" as opposing to cancelled. Rep told me that there is no replacement show scheduled but that might change. But for now they are not saying what their plans are. As I read more and more posts about other shows being cancelled et. seq. I have to wonder like everyone else "What's going On"? It's not just on the Escape either.

I was on the Jan. 16 sailing.During the sailing they had an accident. I know that at least one of the performers was injured. On the third day of the cruise, they cancelled the rest of the shows for the week as well as all of the other stage shows. The only shows we had available for the rest of the week was a 9pm variety show. Which was on a first come basis.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Actors' Equity and their involvement with NCL. I know they were using some Equity cast members in Norwegian shows and had been in further negotiations last year. Just a thought given contracts expiring, and the problems with shows on the Escape, as well as the fact that this seems to affect at least two different ships, the Escape and the Getaway. If that was the case, perhaps it might explain all the confusion and conflicting answers from NCL as well.

Edited by Kortehgehn

They only made the announcement about the injury and subsequent cancellations. I just figured it was because the shows shared performers.The remaining performances of the "For the Record," "Million Dollar Quartet," and "After Midnight" were all cancelled. I thought it was strange that they didn't have an understudy that could fill-in.

I didn't receive an email but am also on the April 16th cruise. I had previously booked both shows and don't see anything on my NCL now. This is very disappointing in that the shows are a big part of my enjoyment of my cruise...I hope there will be some replacement that will be of similar value and quality.

We are sailing the Escape on May 14th and the past Sunday we were able to book our entertainment (90 days out). After seeing this thread, I called NCL this morning. I was told that YES they are "moving around the entertainment times" but this will not impact my sailing. She also stated that as of now the April sailings on the Escape will see the changes in schedules.

I did that I did log into my account and tried booking the same dates I selected on Sunday and they were not showing up. She said that was due to NCL only allowing 25% of the seating for shows to be booked on line, reserving the balance to booking at a later date and on board the ship. But she did state that all entertainment is subject to change. A little worried at the moment that we will still see a change in times for our sailing. If it does change it will impact my entire schedule for the week as we like to plan and book dinners and shows way in advance. We are currently booked for the following shows:

Sunday May 15 After Midnight @ 10:00pm

Monday May 16 MDQ @ 10:00pm

Thursday May 19 For the Record @8:30pm

If anyone else is on this sailing, let me know what you may have hears.