Cancelled show on the Escape.

Complete BS. I am beyond annoyed.

I've moved into ready to slap somebody. Each of the shows advertised we were really excited for. I especially wanted to see MDQ. Not booking on Getaway again to see it. No way. I'll find a nearby city where I can catch the traveling production or take myself to NYC.

OK, so if the number of people who wanted to see For the Record could not be accommodated in the dinner show venue, I can understand moving it into the theatre. I have seen it said more than once that there was no reason this show should be in that area other than the fact that they wanted to sell it as a dinner show.

But, why take their premier and most highly praised show, Million Dollar Quartet, and move it over to the Getaway ( which is going to Europe ), after what, a mere 6 months or so? Had I not seen it on our cruise 1-23, I would be beyond annoyed as well. What they should have done, is can After Midnight and leave MDQ as is. MDQ and FTR could alternate in the theatre.

After Midnight could even be staged in the dinner theatre, if they wanted to keep it, and it would be a much more appropriate setting for an orchestra with simging and dancing. The whole thing is total BS.

I've moved into ready to slap somebody. Each of the shows advertised we were really excited for. I especially wanted to see MDQ. Not booking on Getaway again to see it. No way. I'll find a nearby city where I can catch the traveling production or take myself to NYC.

We are sailing in 2 weeks. How do you cancel shows last minute like this?! I sent a scathing email, referencing the cabins I booked as part of my group. Not that it will do any good - NCL obviously doesn't give a rat's behind about its customers.

I agree, total BS. Makes me think the agent I talked to this morning may have known eventhough she said my cruise was ok, but she stressed that entertainment is subject to change....

I was really excited about MDQ...total bumber

Was the Gataway entertainment that bad? Maybe that's why they are dividing what allegedly is their best two shows between two ships?

Might be all about the bottom line as well.

That's my guess.. Either fees were associated with keeping it or demand wasn't there.. Have not sailed the getaway so not sure how popular it was...

Kind of an odd move, especially considering how much work it is to move shows around. They must have really wanted to get rid of Legally Blonde...

I'm on the 4/2 cruise. I haven't received anything g about cancelled shows and MDQ appears to stI'll be available to book on myncl.

Same here. I checked today and all shows still reserved for us. Including MDQ which according to the letter is leaving Escape in March.

I'm guessing we will be getting an email soon or the reservations will just disappear one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Obx_1974

I'm on the 4/2 cruise. I haven't received anything g about cancelled shows and MDQ appears to stI'll be available to book on myncl.

Same here. We are on the 3/19 show. We haven't received anything, it's still available to book online for multiple nights, and our vacation summary still shows our booking for 3/22.

So, for those of us on the April 9th Escape cruise, we don't get MDQ or For the Record? !? We get an accapella group and After Midnight, the show most tab as too long and somewhat boring.

Wow. That's a tough lineup to swallow, right after the final payment deadline.

So, for those of us on the April 9th Escape cruise, we don't get MDQ or For the Record? !? We get an accapella group and After Midnight, the show most tab as too long and somewhat boring.

Wow. That's a tough lineup to swallow, right after the final payment deadline.

Since we booked this cruise margaritaville has gone from complimentary to specialty and now 2/3 shows won't be available. I wonder what's next...

I've seen MDQ on Escape and LOVED it. One of the things I was most looking forward to on our upcoming cruise was sharing this show experience with my music-loving son. I'm so sad that might not happen if they move it to Escape. Seriously crushed (although I'm sure he won't care, since he won't know what he's missing).

I'll be in Vegas next month and MDQ is playing there. I might pay to catch it again.

Edited by LrgPizza

I'll be in Vegas next month and MDQ is playing there. I might pay to catch it again.

We've seen the Las Vegas MDQ several times and it's a great production! You just don't get tired of seeing this show again when you have a talented cast. On our January Escape cruise, we were disappointed it was cancelled due to the injury of a cast member. Now I'm excited that it's moving to Getaway as we had already seen Legally Blonde and once was really enough for us.

Just talked to NCL and was told they are canceling some of the shows and moving times around. We are on the April 16 Escape sailing. Was also told to keep checking my NCL for the booking times and dates to reappear, and if not booked there can try to book onboard...which I was trying hard to avoid[emoji53]. Did check for up sells while I was on the phone and managed to get a balcony guarantee for a great price..so not all bad today!

Congrats on the upsell! We're on that sailing as well. Was it an upsell or an upgrade? I thought upsells were 2-3 weeks before cruising? Must've been your lucky day!

We sail in two weeks on the Escape, Mar 5 sailing. I have not got an email stating any shows cancelled and the show are still showing as being able to book on NCL.com. Am I going to get to these shows or not? MDQ and After Midnight?

Greg

We sail in two weeks on the Escape, Mar 5 sailing. I have not got an email stating any shows cancelled and the show are still showing as being able to book on NCL.com. Am I going to get to these shows or not? MDQ and After Midnight?

See this thread, it has the letter sent to TAs on the very first post:

NCL is killin' me. Just killin' me.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2317109

Greg

NCL is not really given high marks on its communication skills when it comes to changes.

You wouldn't be the first passenger not hear anything from them.

Trust CC and the letter sent to TA's that's double confirmation.

NCL has not been forth coming with information. My guess is after CC and facebook lit up with all concerns they scrambled to announce it to the TA's

I for one am very disappointed its just one ting after another. I was really looking forward to MDQ not After Midnight. Wish they where trashing After Midnight and keeping MDQ

One this for sure what I will be getting on Escape in June is not the same product as I planned on.

Greg

We are on the same sailing as you. Received the email this morning from my TA.

I hate it for you. MDQ is a fabulous show. I have seen it many times. They have a National Touring Company, and fixed shows in Vegas and Branson Missouri. They just closed in Chicago after almost 8 years. Hopefully they will put something just as good on the Escape. I was hoping to cruise the Escape too, but will not now.

On our January Escape cruise, we were disappointed it was cancelled due to the injury of a cast member. us.

And it was canceled on our November cruise due to "illness in the cast". I'm thinking the illness and injuries is a bunch of hooey. Contract dispute perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app