Cancelled show on the Escape.

This was posted on a Getaway thread:

I'm on the May 15th sailing of the Getaway. After reading all of this on CC this morning I e-mailed my PCC. This is all the information she had regarding entertainment on Escape and Getaway. She got the e-mail yesterday. I'm not sure what these changes are in addition to.

This also doesn't fully make sense since our roll call all got e-mails about the May 16/17 showings of Burn the Floor which isn't in that window.

Additional changes have been made to the Entertainment schedule onboard the Norwegian Getaway and Escape. The below shows on select date ranges have been cancelled:

Escape:

· Million Dollar Quartet- from 2/27 thru 3/4/16 & 4/9 thru 4/30/16

· After Midnight - from 4/9 thru 4/30/16

· For the Record- from 4/9 thru 4/15/16

Norwegian Getaway:

· Legally Blonde- from 5/1 thru 5/20/16

· Burn the Floor- from 5/1 thru 5/15/16

I just can't understand the cancelling the shows for several sailings, then apparently a couple of weeks have it then cancelled again!

Edited by helen haywood

Just talked to NCL and was told they are canceling some of the shows and moving times around. We are on the April 16 Escape sailing. Was also told to keep checking my NCL for the booking times and dates to reappear, and if not booked there can try to book onboard...which I was trying hard to avoid[emoji53]. Did check for up sells while I was on the phone and managed to get a balcony guarantee for a great price..so not all bad today!

So....what do they plan to offer for entertainment? :confused:

I'm booked on Escape but not for April or May; but if they don't offer nightly shows, in addition to all the other changes, I'd likely bail out before final payment.

NCL has bought the MDQ contract for three years. They would be losing a lot of money if they did not use the show. Apparently they are moving the show to another ship. (They need understudies and more crew cabins )That takes some time. The show has been cast (at least for the leads) The actors are on hold. NCL may not begin the show again until May so those of you who want to see the show in March and April, you may be disappointed.

NCL has bought the MDQ contract for three years. They would be losing a lot of money if they did not use the show. Apparently they are moving the show to another ship. (They need understudies and more crew cabins )That takes some time. The show has been cast (at least for the leads) The actors are on hold. NCL may not begin the show again until May so those of you who want to see the show in March and April, you may be disappointed.

How did you get a hold of this information?

This explanation doesn't make a lot of sense. If the show was moving ships, NCL would be cancelling all of the shows on the Escape, not just through the end of April. We are on the May 7 sailing and the shows are still on at this point.

What sense would it make to move this show to another ship? These performers are contracted from the National tour, not NCL entertainment crew members. And why would there be more crew cabins on another ship? None of it makes any sense.

It makes you wonder if they really plan things out before implementing things...it definitely doesn't sound like it.

For instance, why have a show with 4 male leads and not enough understudies? Why put it on a ship that has less crew rooms than the slightly smaller ship? Why not make sure there is more than enough crew rooms?

And not to mess with everyone's plans most likely after their final payment has occurred. If I was in that situation, I wouldn't be mad that a show was changed if there was something in it's place...but who knows if that is the case.

MDQ is on the Escape in May at this point? I hope they can work it out because we want to book a cruise in May but will not until they can get the question of when and where MDQ will be.

You're the one telling everybody that MDQ is moving ships and you didn't know it was still on the Escape in May??? smh

MDQ is on the Escape in May at this point? I hope they can work it out because we want to book a cruise in May but will not until they can get the question of when and where MDQ will be.

See my previous post. I talked to NCL this morning and whatever is going on, at the moment the May Escape sailings are not impacted with schedule changes.

As far as entertainment switching ships, not sure how valid that is; probably CC speculation, AKA rumors...

None the less I would monitor your reservations/booking as we plan to do.

OK folks. I get the message. No more posts from me. I am new to this site. I am not making this up or speculating however. I do have some inside information and know what I have been told. It does not make much sense. I wanted to hear what everyone has been told and what was happening. I certainly do not know for sure what is going to happen nor does Norwegian at this point. I am sure that everything will work out for everyone's benefit. The Million Dollar Quartet is a wonderful show! I hope everyone gets to see it at the times and dates and cruises that they want to!!

Quite disappointed in the canceling of the entertainment shows on NCL that we had already booked online and now there are no advanced seats left. Not a happy cruiser right now. We like to have our itinerary planned out so we don't have to stand in the long lines on the ship waiting to talk to someone on cruising day. What they should do is if a show has to cancel, we should be automatically added to the 50% of seats that they hold back til sailing day and give us those seats as reserved instead of having to wait for open seating. Not sure why they are canceling all the shows across multiple cruising dates. very weird.

Could it simply be that the actors/dancers are going on leave then. 2 weeks sounds about right for that. Does seem silly though to send everyone off at the same time rather than spread out across a year and hiring one understudy at a time...

Just my luck to have the entertainment cancelled. Happened to me on my last cruise which was the Epic. Really was looking forward to Blue Man Group. But, no they left two weeks before my cruise. And now, no Million Dollar Quartet. This really doesn't make sense because so much advance notice and advertising went into promoting the fact that this show would be on board. Escape is a brand new ship and something as major as a Broadway production should have been taken into consideration. It is not conceivable that they only intended to run the show for six months. Escape is still in her inaugural season for crying out loud. Believe it or not, entertainment is one of the factors that I consider when booking a cruise.

This has just been posted in the Norwegian Escape facebook group

• Due to overwhelmingly popularity, For the Record on Norwegian Escape will be moving from The Supper Club as of April 9 and re-opening as complimentary show in the Escape Theater on April 16. As of April 9, The Supper Club will feature a new dinner and live entertainment experience, with more details to come.

• To accommodate For the Record in the Escape Theater, Million Dollar Quartet will be moving from Norwegian Escape as of the March 5 sailing and will re-open onboard Norwegian Getaway on May 15. The Escape Theater will feature "Vocal Overdrive", a contemporary acapella group, from March 5 until April 16, when For the Record begins. After Midnight will continue in The Escape Theater as regularly scheduled.

• To accommodate Million Dollar Quartet, Legally Blonde on Norwegian Getaway will close on April 30. The Getaway Theater will feature "Vocal Overdrive", a contemporary acapella group, from May 1 until May 15, when Million Dollar Quartet opens. Burn The Floor will continue as regularly scheduled on Norwegian Getaway.

• Due to overwhelmingly popularity, For the Record on Norwegian Escape will be moving from The Supper Club as of April 9 and re-opening as complimentary show in the Escape Theater on April 16. As of April 9, The Supper Club will feature a new dinner and live entertainment experience, with more details to come.

• To accommodate For the Record in the Escape Theater, Million Dollar Quartet will be moving from Norwegian Escape as of the March 5 sailing and will re-open onboard Norwegian Getaway on May 15. The Escape Theater will feature "Vocal Overdrive", a contemporary acapella group, from March 5 until April 16, when For the Record begins. After Midnight will continue in The Escape Theater as regularly scheduled.

• To accommodate Million Dollar Quartet, Legally Blonde on Norwegian Getaway will close on April 30. The Getaway Theater will feature "Vocal Overdrive", a contemporary acapella group, from May 1 until May 15, when Million Dollar Quartet opens. Burn The Floor will continue as regularly scheduled on Norwegian Getaway.

So the net net on the Escape is

Old Lineup:

For The Record - $$$ (Didn't the Good Doctor pay 2x to see this?)

MDQ - Free

After Midnight - Free

New Lineup:

Unnamed dinner Show - $$$

For The Record - Free

After Midnight - Free

Vocal Overdrive is filler from March 5 - April 16

Edited by LMaxwell

Thank you for posting that update! I guess the Feb 27th sailing (which I'm on) just happens to be the turn-around week. I'd imagine they'll be rehearsing on the Getaway that week. Sucks that we won't get to see MDQ this trip, but I'm happy that it'll be on the Getaway when we sail her next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This really doesn't make sense because so much advance notice and advertising went into promoting the fact that this show would be on board. Escape is a brand new ship and something as major as a Broadway production should have been taken into consideration. It is not conceivable that they only intended to run the show for six months. Escape is still in her inaugural season for crying out loud. Believe it or not, entertainment is one of the factors that I consider when booking a cruise.

It's inexplicable to me.

Speaking for myself personally, I am pretty happy For The Record will be free, but I also know some traveling with me will likely not care for it at all and would have preferred MDQ. And to be honest, I was looking forward to MDQ too.

So chalk it up here to I don't understand the adds / moves / and changes at this point.

Complete BS. I am beyond annoyed.