"LIVE" from the Brilliance of the Seas 2/18 and 2/22 BTB

niksmom630

Vacation has officially begun....

9AB93955-3268-4491-BAE7-2C269FFD1177_zpsxafamsnm.jpg

"Mystery" egg strata....I don't even want to know what's in this sausage! Note second Bloody Mary in the foreground....liquid courage needed before I dig into this yummy meal.....

993EEE86-EFCD-4C30-93B4-C8F82025B6FB_zpsxi2pjnqq.jpg

Next up, photos from Tampa!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Wow, for all those who complain about the food in the WJ or MDR, how would this work for you?

We will be joining you on the first leg of your B2B. This is our first cruise on Brilliance. We drove to Ocala today, and will be in Tampa early tomorrow. Ready to sail! Looking forward to your review when I get home; no electronics for us this week.

Happy sailing!

Kaye

It's officially Day 1! And I have been awake since 4:30 a.m. 😳

We enjoyed a nice dinner at the Rusty Pelican last night. The views were stunning, and it was a very short walk from the Sailport.

This small pond provided for some great afternoon entertainment yesterday....

2D734C22-1153-469E-8D6A-A7CC32F91DFF_zps0fu9zo57.jpg

D693E922-8E3D-4C0A-86FB-808E7F85E2E1_zpsbx7gzqdn.jpg

B26D1ABC-ECDD-41FE-BAA1-631515A36EC0_zps8anhfwjf.jpg

We sailed on Brilliance last year and really enjoyed it. Also from Chicagoland...enjoy the warm weather!! :)

Your Golden is beautiful! I'm a pet sitter and have quite a few Golden clients. Always my favorites!

Edited by jules815

Yesterday afternoon I discovered I made a BIG mistake---AT&T recently offered an unlimited data family plan, and I switched over from my 20GB package to the new plan, which saved me a few $$.... However, somewhere buried in the fine print...no "tethering".....so I am no longer able to establish a hot spot using my iPhone. Since I am downloading all my camera photos to the iPad, I am now completely dependent on WiFi.....😡 feeling pretty salty about this....

While the views and property are lovely, I probably would not stay here again....all of the units are individually owned, and our unit is pretty tired looking. The "convenience" store located on the property has a very limited selection and the onsite restaurant that just opened is nothing more than an oversized trailer next to the pool. I don't think there are any breakfast options onsite...

Here are a few "ho hum" interior photos....

0F558AAA-8C43-43AF-9074-D8898F98E048_zpsm0syghco.jpg

489BC962-1140-4595-9A9B-58C125F4858F_zpsrwqgg6vk.jpg

174AA5EB-33E4-456A-87B8-7A016E68B8BA_zpsha6uqg3v.jpg

Thanks for all the nice comments from those of you following along. In an effort to make this "readable" I'm not going to quote each one!

For you "Golden" lovers out there, we actually have two 😊

7FF9522D-0122-4569-9798-08D38803EF71_zpsrxpn0ovw.jpg

Well, I'm off to see if I can scrounge up a granola bar to tide me over...we arranged for a shuttle to pick us up at 10 a.m....next post from Port of Tampa!

Arrived at the terminal at 10:30. Onboard and in the Windjammer by 10:50 [emoji106] bought the premium beverage package ... No discounts for c & a.....they also had a table set up in the boarding area selling the various packages.... The line was long, so I purchased mine at the pool bar

0047FEA0-D02B-48E9-AA87-038858E64EA4_zpskfkxl8xu.jpg

9D9B2CBC-A4FC-4E94-B352-65E185D7DE19_zpscxqazngp.jpg

Had to turn off Wifi.... Keeps prompting me to sign up for Internet package! [emoji23]

Great pics...makes me wish I was there right now...weather looks really nice...can't wait to enjoy the weekend in Tampa if its going to be that nice when I am there starting tmrw.

Cant wait to see some pics posted from inside the ship....

Chris' packing tip of the day.....no need to fight with the slimy bar soap all week, if you bring along one of these....

CEC7846C-E537-4DE8-B235-7F55342CB7E6_zpszyibovr5.jpg

Best packing tip I ever got on CC , pictured below! Thanks, Bob! (Clarea)

DCD7BC61-9945-485F-A62C-A0CB70C7B1F2_zpsjoo1xkvz.jpg

So, out of curiosity, when did the C &A water that used to be Evian get replaced with this knock off brand? I don't mean to nit pick, but I used to swap these out for the tepid water bottles in the fridge, and just made sure I kept the same initial quantity in the fridge....guess I should remove the Evian....maybe there's an up charge over the Ice River Springs! 😂😂

1B6DD9B3-349A-4878-9EBC-06D431A26136_zpspyos44wu.jpg

Great pics...makes me wish I was there right now...weather looks really nice...can't wait to enjoy the weekend in Tampa if its going to be that nice when I am there starting tmrw.

Cant wait to see some pics posted from inside the ship....

Will definitely post ship pics tomorrow...at sail away now. I'm an early riser so I tend to photograph the venues when they are empty [emoji4]