Life Jackets

shorti503

The ship's lifejackets are for emergency use only! If you need a flotation device, bring it!

You don't know what you are talking about.

On some ships, including the Anthem, there is a rack of child's flotation devices on the pool deck.

:rolleyes:

Where did you see this and on what ship???????

On the Oasis there are life jackets available for (free) check-out by the pool. Mainly for kids but I think they had adult sizes too. When I was reading about the amenities (I think in the TV system but possibly in the printed materials) it clearly said that they are not to be taken off the ship.

On the Oasis there are life jackets available for (free) check-out by the pool. Mainly for kids but I think they had adult sizes too. When I was reading about the amenities (I think in the TV system but possibly in the printed materials) it clearly said that they are not to be taken off the ship.

You wouldn't think they would let you take them off the ship...cause then they would not be there by the pools.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

On our recent cruise they had life jackets you could check out by the pool area. Does anyone know can you check them out and take them ashore?

These are NOT life jackets they are flotation devices. Calling them life jackets is misleading.

We saw them on Majesty recently!

These are NOT life jackets they are flotation devices. Calling them life jackets is misleading.

They are Type III US Coast Guard type vests. Obviously they are not same as Type II or Type I. Like it or not, life jacket/vest is a common term that is used for all classes.

I've never seen ship's life preservers being taken off the ship.

The original poster was not talking about the ship's life preservers. They were talking about the rack of vests by the pool that look something like this.

0512-Super-soft-yellow-life-Jacket-small.jpg

They are NOT life jackets, and they are only for children.....:rolleyes: