Allure when I am Diamond Plus but a friend is Suite Class?

MattInFLL

Ok, what's the policy on this scenario. Laura and I are on the Rhapsody TA in 2017. She's in a GS and I'm in a Q. Can I do Gold card things with her?

Depends. You won't be invited. For example, if they have a gold card breakfast, they may or may not check both SeaPass cards. If they have a suite cocktail party, where they don't check SeaPass cards, you will probably be allowed to enter the venue together.

Depends. You won't be invited. For example, if they have a gold card breakfast, they may or may not check both SeaPass cards. If they have a suite cocktail party, where they don't check SeaPass cards, you will probably be allowed to enter the venue together.

IMO the simpler answer is no. If you don't have a gold card, you don't get to enjoy the benefits. One or two exceptions may be invite to dinner at Coastal Kitchen or to Cabana at Labadee by Gold card holder. Otherwise you don't get to go to any of the events or have access to any of exclusive venues. Seems obvious to me. You might not even get benefit of priority embarkation and definitely not priority disembarkation.

We've had to consider this when booking a suite for only some members of the group.

I've got a friend trying to get me to join him on Allure in May. He likes perks and has no C&A status, so he would likely book a GS or higher. I'm D+, but I'd book a balcony. (He likes his own cabin, as do I.)

So basically, he would have access to Coastal Kitchen and that lounge, and I would not.

I would have access to the Diamond Lounge, but he would not.

And yes, he would get certain priorities to show seating, the private area at Labadee (which I think he could invite me to as I have done in the past), and access to the sun deck.

Are there any other "exceptions" I am missing if we were planning activities?

Thanks!

On a recent RC quantum cruise my DH and I were in a Grand Suite We traveled with family in a balcony cabin They joined us almost daily for breakfast and lunch in the costal kitchen without any problem In addition the joined us for priority enter into all shows without any problem. They didn't have access to the Suite lounge.

Enjoy your cruise.

I got bumped from 2 trips on the RH that I had booked back when she was supposed to come to PC;);)

We would have sailed together as I recall. First they cancelled Bahamas from PC, then cancelled TA. If this sailing craps out, it only affects the TA since Med not released yet

Ok. So if we book a Crown Loft together. Can I book another cabin on my own as a back up? I know people on Majesty (who stay on the ship for weeks at a time) who book two cabins under same name. So I'm guessing that's allowed ?

Edited by MattInFLL

Ok. So if we book a Crown Loft together. Can I book another cabin on my own as a back up? I know people on Majesty (who stay on the ship for weeks at a time) who book two cabins under same name. So I'm guessing that's allowed ?

I don't know if you can be in two rooms at the same time. I do know that we get a second key card for each room and when she had a JS the second was silver. But I think it was printed as 'spare copy'

Spoke to the D+ desk. They checked with a supervisor who said "No" - I can't be booked into two cabins at the same time. I wonder if that's a real answer or an answer that changes depending on when you call and who you talk to.

My friend says we should grin and bear it and just try sharing the cabin. Especially since they have separate bathrooms. I guess I could get an eye mask and ear plugs :)

Hmmmm.

I was invited to bring my cabinmate with me to everything. That was a personal, face to face invitation; nothing in writing.

Me too :)

Just found out he's probably booking a CL, and has two friends booking a CL (one of whom will be performing on the ship that cruise) so I'm thinking we will be OK for making it work.

Carol - you recently posted that Coastal Kitchen was getting a whole new set of daily menus on Anthem. Any news of that crossing over to Oasis/Allure?

It never occurred to me to ask! :eek:

However, things tend to be fleetwide.

I got pictures of the first three menus. They hadn't issued the rest when I left.

Classic/every day offerings:

IMG_0726_zpsxpjilcnw.jpg

wine list:

IMG_0728_zpsvdlcx8mt.jpg

IMG_0729_zpsgpjekynx.jpg

I was invited to bring my cabinmate with me to everything. That was a personal, face to face invitation; nothing in writing.

It's happened to us too, but it's not something I expect to happen all the time.

Thank you for the menus. We are thinking CK 3 nights and Chops, Giovanni's, Izumi and 150 CP the other nights.

And I did bite the bullet and go for sharing the CL - so I may not be able to ever answer my own question. (Sorry, folks!) The separate full bathroom and closet space make it less intimidating. :)