If I could I would

1of4

We are under a tornado watch until 9 pm. It rained lightly this morning but then we had a torrential downpour. Temperatures are in the 60s which makes it prime for the formation of more tornadoes. All local TV is talking about the weather and showing the damage (and possible fatalities) from Waverly, VA.

I am busy getting my photos saved on my laptop (from the iPads) in preparation for my April and May cruises. Looking forward to a month on the Westerdam!

6" snow overnight here in the high mountains of New Mexico. We're at 8700 ft so we expect more snow and are glad for it, we'll take all we can get! We need it before fire season.

No cruises planned but looking at Alaska for maybe a land tour next year... "booked" this year with a remodel project, then it will really be time for a getaway.

Just enjoying "hearing" the wonderful reports here on the boards, especially the world cruisers and remembering our own amazing travels. m--

We just got freezing rain here this morning, no snow. It's been dark and rainy all day, and I'm hoping it doesn't freeze again tonight.

We've got less than a month 'til our Nieuw Amsterdam cruise and we're crazily planning to drive down. That will probably be when our open winter decides to dump all the snow it's been saving up.

Well Gail, you know our weather here, practically in real time! ;) 81F for a high, sunny at times and close to .20 inches of rain. A bit windy now but really nice!

Just think of how hot it was in Nicaragua last year walking through that food bazaar! That ought to warm you up. Or Costa Rica. It was warm there too.

Can't wait til next year in Norway on the K'dam. Should we start a Roll Call for it? I have the website all set to go now. :D

Be safe in the storm. Hi to 2,3 and 4of4!

Edited by 0bnxshs

Well thanks everyone for jumping in and letting us all know your weather and travel plans.

We are in the midst of an unending, or so it seems, basement renovation to be followed this spring by an outdoor renovation. All to make the house safer for me in my new "normal" state of losing my balance.

We had about 6 to 8 inches of snow followed closely by freezing rain. Our trees are all coated in thick ice and are in danger of breaking. :( DS and DH are going to shovel in the freezing rain. I don't envy them the weight of that snow but I am not healthy enough to help. :) I try to find the silver lining!!

Thanks to those that told me about the V'dam being in dry dock...perhaps I can pry DH's fists open! :p

Rich we can't wait to join up with you and DW on the K'dam July 2017! It has been a focus of conversation around the house and my goal to get better.

I loved your Panama canal review last spring. Enjoyed your many photos. I hope you can pry your hubby's fists open & take that cruise. I know all of us would enjoy a review from you.

Here in Kansas, we've had an unseasonably warm winter. It's been cooler & very windy for the past couple of days, but still much warmer than a normal Kansas February.

We are looking forward to our Panama Canal cruise in about 6.5 weeks. Getting very excited. I hope we have as wonderful of a cruise as what your pictorial review appeared to be.

Wonderful thread...I look every morning for a shortie close by cruise this spring...but no luck so far:(

Feeling blessed...severe thunderstorms and tornados in our county yesterday...but we had no damage. We are still under a wind advisory but no more T/S or tornados thank goodness.

Hope you get to cruise soon...I also enjoyed reading your review last year and your pictures were great:)

- Time travel to the year 1978 and sail aboard the Sitmar Fairwind, Royal Viking Sea, or the original Island Princess.

- Move to back to Ozone Park, Queens.... or southern Italy

What's actually going to happen is my Zuiderdam cruise in 11 days ! Whoo Hoo ! I'm looking forward to sailing again aboard Zuiderdam, as she and Zaandam are my favorites in the fleet (HAL ships remind me of the Fairwind).

Weather here in LA has been a hot high '70's with a lot of time at my poolside. Lucky I get to work on a pre departure tan for the Sea View Pool !

il_570xN.547673060_c5ib.jpg.8c219cd9630c04ca553f8b6906888c4c.jpg

Edited by Myrtle Ave. Mayhem

We had violent thunderstorms in Boston area in the middle of the night with vivid lightening. Very unusual for such weather in the Northeast in February. :eek: High winds and Loud thunder.

Sail: that is very unusual. Was it freezing? Hopefully any rain that fell was able to stay liquid and not freeze. :eek:

Hope you can get back to sailing in the winter to give yourself a break...but I know it will be difficult and a huge adjustment. You will know when it is the right time.

Well everyone I have enjoyed reading everyone's updates. We are living in a crystal palace after an ice storm. I had hoped the ice would melt to give our trees some relief but no, it is -13 and we are not supposed to go above freezing today.

As Sail stated, the weather this winter is violent to say the least. Some are gardening while others are under tornado watch. :eek: We have had a milder winter than usual but are paying for it right now as the snow is very heavy and wet so many without power. So many have to leave their homes because of lack of heat.

ry%3D400

The sound the trees make under all this ice is eerie. I am hoping for some of that warm air some of you have mentioned!!!

Sail: that is very unusual. Was it freezing? Hopefully any rain that fell was able to stay liquid and not freeze. :eek:

No where near freezing! The overnight temperature was in the mid-upper 50s, followed by the same most of yesterday. I even slept with the window partially open, which made the thunder sound even louder.

Yes, very unusual---and so much better than a year ago when this area was buried under so much snow.

No where near freezing! The overnight temperature was in the mid-upper 50s, followed by the same most of yesterday. I even slept with the window partially open, which made the thunder sound even louder.

Yes, very unusual---and so much better than a year ago when this area was buried under so much snow.

Same here. We had high winds and heavy rain with the odd thunder boomer. Temp was around 54°.

We have had 33 days this far this winter where the temperature has been 50 degrees F or over. Nutty. It is our second warmest winter in the history of how long they have been keeping weather records. I was out today in only a jersey with no jacket. :eek: :D

Hope you can get back to sailing in the winter to give yourself a break...but I know it will be difficult and a huge adjustment. You will know when it is the right time.

Thank you, 1of4. I wish I could say I missed cruising this winter but not nearly as much as I would have expected. It wasn't that I couldn't go; it was that I know I'm not yet ready.

I am grateful our temperature is so warm we can have no freezing. If all that water had frozen on power lines and tree branches, the power outages would have been awful. We were very fortunate. Hope those without power in your area get it restored quickly.

We've been unseasonably hot here. It was almost 90 today and no rain in the forecast. The snow is almost gone from the San Gabriel's. Only a little line visible at the top of Baldy. Got up skiing once last month.

We were expecting (hoping for) lots of rain this year. It even took 2 1/2 months to get an estimate for rain gutters, and a month to get in the queue for installation.

But El Niño became El Flopo for us. We're on water restriction (water once a week- but some districts no watering outside) and most have no lawns left. We flush once a day....:eek:

If I hadn't done my December get away on Veendam I'd be tempted to book something now. Veendam was great in December. No, I didn't have cabin issues, but I feel for those who have. She even had some new carpet since March.

Edited by TiogaCruiser

Can't help you with your Canadian Dollar woes but, according to CJcruzer, Veendam is going into dry dock in March (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48949409&postcount=1) and, thus, should be in really good shape for the Canada-New England cruises this summer. Good luck and smooth sailing

Oh, I hope so! We're booked on the Canada-New England-Panama Canal trip in October and I've been worried sick about the AC not working. I love HA but have had rooms with non-working AC and I can't tolerate heat. Not an ideal situation when cruising the Panama Canal. I had thought about cancelling but I'm really looking forward to this cruise (as well as the other two I've booked).