Why is it important to vilify Carnival when you disagree with their business model?

Sweet Dutch Girl

What do people hope to gain from vilifying Carnival when they have a, or numerous "complaints" about how Carnival chooses to run their cruise line. I'm not talking about personal confrontations that someone may have with a member of the Carnival staff (whether on ship or shore) but I'm talking about the business model that Carnival has adopted and the changes that may or have occurred because, as a corporation, Carnival is, as they should as a publicly held company, protecting their bottom line and still offering a product that is within the budget of many cruisers.

What do people hope to gain from vilifying Carnival when they have a, or numerous "complaints" about how Carnival chooses to run their cruise line. I'm not talking about personal confrontations that someone may have with a member of the Carnival staff (whether on ship or shore) but I'm talking about the business model that Carnival has adopted and the changes that may or have occurred because, as a corporation, Carnival is, as they should as a publicly held company, protecting their bottom line and still offering a product that is within the budget of many cruisers.

It's obvious. So you can start yet another thread asking for opinions and then rejecting, vigorously and aggressively, opinions that don't conform to your preconceived notions.

The following is a quote I once read on this board. I can't seem to remember who it was. Do you?

"By the way...posting a thread doesn't mean anyone is right in their opinions, and if the poster gets "flamed" that is a risk everyone takes for stating their personal ideology."

Edited by natty bumppo

Isn't this a cruise forum?

Forum: a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged

If all everyone did was be a Carnival "cheerleader" then it would not be a forum.:rolleyes:

In a forum one can state what they dislike or like, what they agree with or disagree with, etc.

I got very upset with my bank recently because they changed their banking to include mobile banking. This screwed up so many things for me. I could not access my account to even pay bills. I did everything I could to get things changed. I vilified them in front of their own customers inside the bank. I said my piece until they fixed it. This was part of their business model - something I will never use. Am I still banking with them? Yes, because things work for me now. Did I quit cruising with Carnival because of one of their policies? Yep. Did they change the policy? Yep. Am I going to cruise with them again? Yep. There's no perfect business model, with the times, business models change as well.

Because those with negative opinions will take every opportunity to counter those who express positive ones. Which is fine and expected in a forum such as this.

What is disturbing is those who intentionally and with malice fabricate, speculate and misinform to try getting others to be negative right along with them. They are easily identified and their opinions can be discounted as propaganda.

Those who focus on negativity want to drag others down with them while those with a positive attitude (even though they find some things negative) want to bring people up with them.

Its all about how to communicate and some people think the more they flap their gums the more people will buy into their opinion. Sound familiar?

Edited by KevInPitt

The only posts I don't get are the ones from people that don't like Carnival and at times imply others folks shouldn't cruise with them. I don't care what line anyone prefers or uses, that's their choice and fine by me. I'll sail with whomever I like and it's no skin off their backs so why would they care?

Seems like some think that if they tell others not to cruise with a certain line they will affect that lines revenue. Fat chance. :D I mostly just laugh at them, shake my head and continue to cruise my choice.

I don't think "vilify" is the word that I would choose. I see a lot of opinions, many who are negative, on this board (and that's what this website is for) but only a small handful of people who are truly vicious and have nothing to contribute.

Expressing dissatisfaction is a necessary evil for a company to continue evolving and improving their product. Carnival is no exception. Personally, I love Carnival and I think that they have more positives than negatives, but I'll be very vocal when I don't like something about the way they do things. I wouldn't call that "vilifying" Carnival, but simply expressing dissatisfaction, hopefully in a constructive manner. [emoji4]

Edited by Tapi

I don't think "vilify" is the word that I would choose. I see a lot of opinions, many who are negative, on this board (and that's what this website is for) but only a small handful of people who are truly vicious and have nothing to contribute.

Expressing dissatisfaction is a necessary evil for a company to continue evolving and improving their product. Carnival is no exception. Personally, I love Carnival and I think that they have more positives than negatives, but I'll be very vocal when I don't like something about the way they do things. I wouldn't call that "vilifying" Carnival, but simply expressing dissatisfaction, hopefully in a constructive manner. [emoji4]

I agree that there are only a few here who have the agenda to be vilifying when it comes to Carnival and that you are not one of those.....;)

To share our negative experience, in order to help others not make the same mistakes that we did.

I see one now!! [emoji651]️[emoji23]

On this topic, we most certainly agree. The lord works in mysterious ways!! Actually made me laugh out loud!:D

I'm surprised it took as long as it did for Oscar to pop up from his garbage can to spread his joy and love. ;)

I don't think expressing a negative opinion is vilifying. I've cruised on a lot of different cruise lines and can say they all have things about them that I like and dislike. What's wrong with expressing that? We know from our experiences here that Carnival staff read this forum, and yes sometimes things posted are way out there, but I think a lot of people think that Carnival might make improvements in their product and processes if they see a lot of opinions one way or the other.

I also think it is helpful to a lot of newer cruisers to read other people's opinions whether they are positive or negative. Newer cruisers can form their own opinions by what they read and perhaps make a more informed purchase with their vacation dollars. That's a good thing.

It is a fact of life that some things are good and some things not so good. Why create a fairytale that everything is perfect on Carnival? It's not perfect on any cruise line.

Carnival has a lot of positive things going on, and especially most of their staff are phenomenal and care about passengers, but there are also some negative things going on like some of the changes made over the past few years. I see Carnival continues to try to improve their product and still be able to produce a profit for shareholders. That wouldn't be possible if they weren't in touch with their customers' likes and dislikes.

I think the majority of the things people post are worthwhile even if they are negative comments. And there are a few people out there who just like to whine. Most of us just get a good laugh out of that and move on.

And yes, some people just have trouble with any negativity. But that's just part of life too.

This makes me laugh because the minute you posted your comment I look down and so predictably the next post was there almost exactly on cue :rolleyes: lol

On this topic, we most certainly agree. The lord works in mysterious ways!! Actually made me laugh out loud!:D

I have no idea. I love Carnival and if I ever don't I will simply move on to something else.