Neiuw Amsterdam

Master0396

I am currently considering a cruise from Fort Lauderdale on the Neiuw Amsterdam and am looking at airfare. I noticed that there was a flight out at 7:30 AM and was wondering if anyone know at approximately what time the ship will be cleared for disembarkation?

Thank you

I am no expert by any means, but 7:30 AM seems awfully early to disembark & get to the airport in time. I would not try that. Unless you are talking about an incoming flight to Ft Lauderdale. Then, it would just be a wait at the airport or cruise terminal.

No way will you make that flight. :eek: We did the earliest walk-off from the Nieuw Amsterdam in December and we left the ship at 7:30. We had no wait to go through customs and immigration, we got a cab right away and we were just checking in at the airport at 8 a.m. So a 7:30 flight would be impossible.

We have sailed for years out of Ft Lauderdale.

No way can you make a 7:30 AM flight home.

Most times the ship isn't cleared until 7:15 - 7:30 AM.

Even taking your own luggage off the ship won't help.

And you haven't even allowed time to go through immigration at the cruise terminal, getting to the airport and then going through security there.

I am currently considering a cruise from Fort Lauderdale on the Neiuw Amsterdam and am looking at airfare. I noticed that there was a flight out at 7:30 AM and was wondering if anyone know at approximately what time the ship will be cleared for disembarkation?

Thank you

No Way! The stress alone might kill you. :p

Thank you

You are joking right?

With all the cruises you have listed have you EVER been able to get off the ship carrying your own bags, get through all the other early passengers, get through immigration, check in and get your boarding pass, get through airport security and THEN get to the gate through the airport???

If you have you lead a charmed life and must not realize you have lead a miraculous existence

Edited by OBX-Cruisers

Thank you

On February 14th we were disembarking the Nieuw Amsterdam; we were finally docked and tied up around 7:20 am. We selected self-disembarkation which started around 7:45 am. We had Global Entry so had expedited processing through customs/immigration and were waiting curbside for our friends to pick us up around 8:10 am.

On February 21st I watched as the ship entered the port around 6:30 am, meaning it would have been tied up around 7:00 am.

Edited by Boytjie

The lines at customs will make it impossible to get to the airport any time before 9am and then think about the insanity at FLL and going through checkin there, and the TSA screening. Stay the extra day in Ft. Lauderdale and fly out the next morning at 7:30am if you like that flight!

I am currently considering a cruise from Fort Lauderdale on the Neiuw Amsterdam and am looking at airfare.

All the previous posters are correct if you are disembarking the ship at Fort Lauderdale.

But you wrote that you were considering a cruise FROM Fort Lauderdale.. If you are looking for a cruise originating from Fort Lauderdale, it would depend ***** your city of departure

The cruise originating out of Lauderdale usually departs at 5:00pm EST. If you were flying in from the East Coast (EST), there should not be a problem If you were flying in from the West Coast (PST) or Mointain area (MST), I would urge you to go a day earlier.

Let me guess, that 730am flight is the cheapest one?

There's a reason for that. Most of the traffic at FLL later in the day comes from cruise passengers. The airlines know those early flights are impossible for cruisers and try to lure as many non-cruising folks on those flights since the rest will be pretty much filled to the brims.

If the early flight out is a very good price consider staying the night in Fort Lauderdale, getting off the ship later, no rushing, no worries... and taking that flight the next day. Because as others have said, no way you can make it the day the ship docks. None. m--

As everyone is telling you, a 7:30 AM flight is impossible. If you disembark dragging your own luggage at the earliest possible time, I would do any flight 10:00 am or later to be sure to make a flight. Good luck! :)