show featuring the crew on princess

On the last three cruises with Princess there hasn't been the usual show where the crew do the entertaining, it was always fun with balloons amongst the audience at the start and if I was not upon the sea act towards the end by the entertainment staff.:)

Perhaps this is another saving, a pity if it is.:(

On the last three cruises with Princess there hasn't been the usual show where the crew do the entertaining, it was always fun with balloons amongst the audience at the start and if I was not upon the sea act towards the end by the entertainment staff.:)

Perhaps this is another saving, a pity if it is.:(

They had it on Dawn, Fremantle to Sydney, last September, on the last night. Unfortunately I missed it as I'd caught a respiratory virus and was feeling lousy. Didn't want to go and spread my germs in the theatre!

It may depend on the cruise director as to whether they have it or not.

Thanks for the answers.

I thought perhaps they might be restricting them to longer cruises, but it appears to be the Cruise Director that makes the decision, although the line might not be encouraging them, due to reductions in staff.

Someone did mention to me why would you want the show, they always do the same thing, but perhaps that's what I like.

We did have the show on all our cruises since 2005, accept the last three.

We apparently have the same CD as the last cruise on our upcoming Hawaiian cruise, so I suppose we won't have the show, despite it being a long cruise.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the answers.

I thought perhaps they might be restricting them to longer cruises, but it appears to be the Cruise Director that makes the decision, although the line might not be encouraging them, due to reductions in staff.

Someone did mention to me why would you want the show, they always do the same thing, but perhaps that's what I like.

We did have the show on all our cruises since 2005, accept the last three.

We apparently have the same CD as the last cruise on our upcoming Hawaiian cruise, so I suppose we won't have the show, despite it being a long cruise.:rolleyes:

It may also depend on many reasons. The crew and the CD mainly , some may not feel up to performing or the CD thinks they are not good enough. Not enough of them offering to perform. etc

It may also depend on many reasons. The crew and the CD mainly , some may not feel up to performing or the CD thinks they are not good enough. Not enough of them offering to perform. etc

I think you are spot on, I was always surprised that from the crew they could find so much talent.

In fact I have always been impressed with how they manage to put on all the other great shows while at sea.:):)

• 1 month later...

On the current Sea Princess cruise to Japan, the CD apologised that they couldn't find enough performers in the crew to put on a show. They did the "If I was not upon the sea" at the end of the guest entertainer's show on the last night before Brisbane.

They had this on Sun Princess Indian Ocean cruise this month - lot of fun , as always!

It was held on a recent Sun Princess Treasures of Asia cruise too, though I didn't see it (or any other show!). There was a passenger performance as well, a choir I think.