empress first 6 sailings canelled

baron9

Garavar, it's a good deal, only if you want to change your name to theirs!:D

Rick

Its probably a promo code not attached to name. Ill gladly pay $500 cash for a $1,000 promo code for those that don't want to sail

Its probably a promo code not attached to name. Ill gladly pay $500 cash for a $1,000 promo code for those that don't want to sail

I said it in jest, but FCC's all carry the original booking number, along with the passengers names. Great try though!!;)

Rick

I have never sailed before, and am anxiously (after the events of today, really, really anxiously!) awaiting my first cruise on the Empress July 18th, but I have to say that I feel awful for all the folks that have had their cruises cancelled, some for the 2nd time. I could hardly believe my ears when, at 2pm, my TA said he was seeing that they had just canceled again for the May cruises. He couldn't believe it and asked me for today's date because he said this was unprecedented. This after talking me down off the ledge because I was already skittish about booking a ship that seemed too small...

But there are little things that would have made such a difference: a couple of photos showing the cosmetic changes that RC was making, photos of the pool deck with the improvements like the movie screen, accurate information about the updates that they were making, etc. etc. Instead, RCCL left everyone to troll the internet like some kind of spy scooping up whatever crumbs from Facebook posts or random comments made all over. That kind of lack of communication just makes everyone disgruntled and worried about what is coming next. I sincerely hope that RCCL can learn from this, like NOW, about how to keep their clients informed, updated and yeah, happy about their experience, BEFORE they step on the ship. As it is, we're hopeful that this can still work out for us on July 18th. But I know how hard it is to coordinate a vacation with jobs, families, etc. and reading over some of the excited comments from a week ago for people who were expecting to cruise on April 25th,is just heartbreaking.

This has been the most frustrating event I have ever had to deal with. Called Royal on hold forever! Nothing matches up for May 9th :mad:

Now we are booking on the Sensation for the same exact days because we are stuck between a rock and a hard place! Can't change work vacation we are traveling with another couple. Air fare, and hotels that have been prepaid.

My three sailings got cancelled as well was going on a B2B2B with friends starting on May 14th. So, if I purchased airfare directly with American and the RC insurance, will they refund that back to me? It appears I didn't need the insurance anyway since their offering a 100 percent refund and a future cruise certificate worth 100 percent what I paid which equates to almost $3000.

We are supposed to be on the June 6th overnight to Cozumel. I don't feel confident that a $10 million rebuild will be complete by then nor do I feel comfortable taking this sailing anymore. I've been trying to call Royal all evening and can't get through [emoji45]

Saw this blurb on the Pullmantur website. Disclaimer should be added about exploring galley areas.

All remodelled, our ships are not a place in which to shut yourself away, but rather go out and discover where you best fit in. You will not feel like a stranger in any of them. You will only regret not having enjoyed them before.

Edited by coaster

See you onboard :)

We also switched to this date and got a nice OBC, we're booked in a JS so I am guessing the amount is different depending on the type of room.

Looks we all jumped ship and landed on Enchantment. We cruised in a JS on her for my 50th birthday last August and even though it is one day shorter and no Grand Cayman. We are happy to be able to have a vacation.

I am headed straight to the pool bar to see Dr. G and get a fully leaded pina colada man :D

I still feel terrible for those who were cancelled twice or could not rearrange their schedules.

They will price-protect you on the Enchantment out of Miami on the 9th. Just switch sideways.

Have called C&A three times to move to the May 9th Enchantment & each time they said no price-protect. Said we must pay the price difference even if we move sideways to the same category room. Price difference would be quite a bit more since we purchased the great deal they were offering in December. On the 2nd call only cabin left was a grand suite & on the third call only cabin left was the owners suite. I did call the general 800 number & they had cabins available other than the suites. This is perplexing. Wonder how many more times I'll have to call before I finally get a rep that will price protect if a cabin is available?

Diane

Our phone just rang and it is Royal Caribbean calling to tell us that our May 19 Empress cruise is canceled.

The details of options will be emailed to us but we were asked if we wanted to hear them over the phone.

It disappoints us because we were looking forward to sailing on the Empress but will book something else or stay in Ft. Lauderdale.

After 19 years of cruising with Royal Caribbean we are not ones to walk away from them because of a cancellation.

We were on the April 25 sailing, and still have not received a call. Got an email 45 minutes after seeing on CC about the cancellation. Then about 8pm tonight we got a text message telling us to please respond to them to let them know we know. The heck with that. I will not respond. They don't care about me!

We were on the April 25 sailing, and still have not received a call. Got an email 45 minutes after seeing on CC about the cancellation. Then about 8pm tonight we got a text message telling us to please respond to them to let them know we know. The heck with that. I will not respond. They don't care about me!

I'd be careful about that . They will invent a non-response penalty fee . :mad:

I said it in jest, but FCC's all carry the original booking number, along with the passengers names. Great try though!!;)

Rick

Oh, yeah, TOTALLY non-transferable!

This has been the most frustrating event I have ever had to deal with. Called Royal on hold forever! Nothing matches up for May 9th :mad:

Now we are booking on the Sensation for the same exact days because we are stuck between a rock and a hard place! Can't change work vacation we are traveling with another couple. Air fare, and hotels that have been prepaid.

Enchantment?

My three sailings got cancelled as well was going on a B2B2B with friends starting on May 14th. So, if I purchased airfare directly with American and the RC insurance, will they refund that back to me? It appears I didn't need the insurance anyway since their offering a 100 percent refund and a future cruise certificate worth 100 percent what I paid which equates to almost $3000.

The only thing airfare related that they will pay is a change fee of up to $200 pp.

We are supposed to be on the June 6th overnight to Cozumel. I don't feel confident that a $10 million rebuild will be complete by then nor do I feel comfortable taking this sailing anymore. I've been trying to call Royal all evening and can't get through [emoji45]

What number are you calling?

Have you sailed with RC before?

My cruise isn't till June 16. Am I right thinking that I would lose my $100 deposit by cancelling or moving ships now?

They may let you change ships without penalty, under the circumstances. You are past 60 days pre-cruise so, yes, you would lose your deposit. (unless they are feeling generous about that, too)

Looks we all jumped ship and landed on Enchantment. We cruised in a JS on her for my 50th birthday last August and even though it is one day shorter and no Grand Cayman. We are happy to be able to have a vacation.

I am headed straight to the pool bar to see Dr. G and get a fully leaded pina colada man :D

I still feel terrible for those who were cancelled twice or could not rearrange their schedules.

May 9 is sold out on the website. Probably filled with Empress-fugitives.

Edited by Merion_Mom

Have called C&A three times to move to the May 9th Enchantment & each time they said no price-protect. Said we must pay the price difference even if we move sideways to the same category room. Price difference would be quite a bit more since we purchased the great deal they were offering in December. On the 2nd call only cabin left was a grand suite & on the third call only cabin left was the owners suite. I did call the general 800 number & they had cabins available other than the suites. This is perplexing. Wonder how many more times I'll have to call before I finally get a rep that will price protect if a cabin is available?

Diane

They DID price-protect me and everyone else I talked to.

Did you call the 800 number in the email?

May 9 is now sold out unfortunately.

Can you do any other dates? I am going to leave my signature on this post. Email me if you want.

We were on the 5/5 sailing - Called C&A, managed to get on Enchantment 5/6 sailing. They gave us a small bump up in category, and price protection. Currently would be double what we paid for Empress - even with 1 night less!

Not ideal, but at least I'm not losing any airfare. Though, for the first time in 20 years of cruising, I pre-booked my own excursion in Key West - of course it's non-refundable. They will give us a credit that we have to use within 12 months, but given our plans, it might be a $200 loss right there. Plus need an extra night in Miami -- so we won't be staying at the airport Marriott as planned -- and I KNOW South Beach hotels will be more $$$.

Not sure how RCI can think they are really caring about any of us.

I wonder if they'll let this lowly D+ into Enchantment's Concierge Lounge?? :D

Mike