Anniversary Sale !

DaveOKC

It was reported on another thread that the prepaid gratuities is not applicable on the European boards, why would this be? If anything I would have thought it would be the other way round?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

That is correct. We receive the pre-paid drinks card valued at $100, and we also receive onboard credit. However, I would have preferred to receive the prepaid gratuities which are worth much more than the onboard credit received. The day the promotion came out our cruise increased in price.

I agree the perks look pretty good and like I said earlier in this thread the sale is really geared for cruisers like us who are not already booked on a cruise. There were some who disagreed with me, but that's ok. We hope to correct that before the sale is over.

yes the Volendam April 2017.... in North America it is on "the list" applicable for anniversary sale....Perhaps it is not selling as well here as in Europe? therefore no promo?

Carol

If I click on the links for 'Specials', then the 30 day Volendam is listed, but when I select the individual cruise there is no mention on the page of the promotion being available. I will wait until Tuesday and phone them!

It would be so much better if the gratuities were included 30 days x 2 pax x 13.50 is a lot of dollars!

If I click on the links for 'Specials', then the 30 day Volendam is listed, but when I select the individual cruise there is no mention on the page of the promotion being available. I will wait until Tuesday and phone them!

It would be so much better if the gratuities were included 30 days x 2 pax x 13.50 is a lot of dollars!

Try this instead:

Go through the Anniversary Sale promotion link. Then select Asia cruises and then April, 2017. This put me right into your sailing with the Anniversary deal. When I tried it through Specials, like you did, I could not see the Anniversary deal. Strange I know, but thats HAL's website for you!

hope you get the promo then you can join us on the roll call. it is an amazing itinerary with more Japanese ports than most transpacifics I have been watching. We just did a Japan cruise this past fall, and it was amazing - so excited to return and see and experience more!

Carol

I agree the perks look pretty good and like I said earlier in this thread the sale is really geared for cruisers like us who are not already booked on a cruise. There were some who disagreed with me, but that's ok. We hope to correct that before the sale is over.

Yes! By all means, "jump on board". Don't let this fantastic opportunity get away!

I am trying to find the cost of my cruise. I am going thru HA "Anniversary cruise". Selected my deck and room preference , filled out our names and mariner numbers but still don't see the cost of the cruise or any of the specials that are supposed to be included. Thanks, I don't know what I am doing wrong? Must be an easier way

Hi, silly question but if I already have a cruise booked and want to take advantage of this sale, do I have to cancel and re-book? I know this is usually the case.

Our TA called HAL and they just recalculated the cruise fare. It did go up. We were able to remain in the cabin we chose originally. Was this a "cancel and rebook"? I'm not sure, we did not receive cancellation paperwork. We did receive documentation showing the new cruise fare along with the all important pre paid gratuities. Ours is 48 day cruise. :D

Cheers, Denise

Hi, silly question but if I already have a cruise booked and want to take advantage of this sale, do I have to cancel and re-book? I know this is usually the case.

No - you just get an adjustment. and a new confirmation.

Our TA called HAL and they just recalculated the cruise fare. It did go up. We were able to remain in the cabin we chose originally. Was this a "cancel and rebook"? I'm not sure, we did not receive cancellation paperwork. We did receive documentation showing the new cruise fare along with the all important pre paid gratuities. Ours is 48 day cruise. :D

Cheers, Denise

When I did mine last week it took all of 2 minutes. My HAL, PCC just rebooked the cruise with the same confirmation number and all other items (included pre-booked excursions at a discounted price from the previous promotion) remaining the same.

Quick, easy and a GREAT deal for us!

Just ask to have your cruise re-fared. Then you should get the current promotions with the current pricing. Your confirmation number should not change. If it does, anything that you pre-booked will be automatically cancelled and refunded. You would then have to book those items again. Trust me, you do not want to go through all that. Not a big deal if you paid with a USD credit card but is if you didn't because of the exchange rate differences.

I am trying to find the cost of my cruise. I am going thru HA "Anniversary cruise". Selected my deck and room preference , filled out our names and mariner numbers but still don't see the cost of the cruise or any of the specials that are supposed to be included. Thanks, I don't know what I am doing wrong? Must be an easier way

Instead of selecting your deck and room preference, try clicking

"Let Us Choose" within your preferred category (Inside, Outside, Verandah, etc.). Then a listing should pop up for each sub-category with the pricing. You may not even need to enter the names and mariner numbers. I have yet to see a time when my mariner number made a difference in the price quoted.

Another way to check pricing is to look them up on a third party site that can't be named here on CC. Try googling "cruise price drops" and look for a fishy site. You can pay a small fee to have them email you when the price fluctuates (but you don't have to pay anything just to check it yourself).

Edited by Alberta Quilter

I had an Explore 4 promo booked and when this Anniversary Sale came up I went online and compared. I ended up saving $700 and that's before the prepaid gratuities. I switched and kept the same cabin too.

I'm pretty happy about it. I don't drink all that much so losing the free beverages was not that big a deal, plus we get the $100 beverage card on this new deal.

It pays to pay attention!!

Hey what do you mean you don't drink all that much? LOL We changed our Jan 17th Asia to the Anniversary Sale and saved a bunch on the cabin and got all the perks. Oh and by the way, maybe you will have hot water this time.

Edited by HALGirl

There's nothing stopping me from buying the wine package after I blow through the $100 beverage card! The explore 4 free beverage only allows you single drinks not to exceed the $8 limit and no bottles or packages so I think I'm good. Nice to hear you scored a better deal too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the same way. When I used a ta I never expected them to do it for me. I take that responsibility for myself as its not difficult.

Super TA Lois always is very responsive when I give her information that I have found somewhere. It is almost impossible to tell if a sale is better or not because I can't know what might be taken away or added in without the TA saying for this price you get this cruise and these benefits. I have free beverages, free special dining meal, HSC, and on-board credit from HAL and from the TA plus a rebate check from TA company. So far 2 sales have not matched what I originally booked. A dummy booking for a room similar to ours (midship, main deck near elevator) had the price up on the cabin by about $600 without any of the OBC and extras.

Try to be specific with the TA or PCC -- which promo do you have and what do you want to change to. Sometimes can't keep the same cabin so that is a factor too.

Oh no. I knew you were teasing. Info drink more on vacation. I eat more too! I just finished losing the five pounds I put on in February's cruise. Now I'm off to a month long one. That will probably net me 10 pounds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers, Denise

Thanks for that, I would prefer to keep our cabin number so I'll give it a go.

Instead of selecting your deck and room preference, try clicking

"Let Us Choose" within your preferred category (Inside, Outside, Verandah, etc.). Then a listing should pop up for each sub-category with the pricing. You may not even need to enter the names and mariner numbers. I have yet to see a time when my mariner number made a difference in the price quoted.

Another way to check pricing is to look them up on a third party site that can't be named here on CC. Try googling "cruise price drops" and look for a fishy site. You can pay a small fee to have them email you when the price fluctuates (but you don't have to pay anything just to check it yourself).

Thank you!!!!

• 1 month later...

The Anniversary sale doesn't work for me. A couple cruises I am looking at are within the final payment date and now have Mariner member "special rates" which are $800+ less than the rates available to the general public, unfortunately the Anniversary sale isn't available if you choose the Mariner rate.

Oh well, my only complaint it's it's not clear when you log in and choose a cabin that you are not getting the Anniversary rate perks. You have to actually NOT login to the website to see what your cost is with the Anniversary sale.