ANTHEM - What's going on with DD/Classic Dining?

Just received the following response to my complaint about removing DD.

They couldn't even get my name right, obviously a cut and paste with someone else's name

Dear Mr. Adamo:

Thank you for contacting the Executive Office of Royal Caribbean International. I am pleased to be handling your correspondence on behalf of Mr. Bayley.

We appreciate your feedback regarding Dynamic Dining on Anthem of the Seas. We pride ourselves on always pushing the boundaries of innovation and creating amenities and experiences that exceed the expectations of our guests. We have some exciting plans to enhance the overall dining experience for you and all our guests on Anthem of the Seas and across our entire fleet. These enhancements are being made after careful consideration of our guests’ feedback and desires to have the widest range of flexibility and choice. We will be revealing the details of the program in the first week of May and will contact you personally to assist you with any questions you might have.

Mr. Adamo, we appreciate you taking the time to write to us and look forward to welcoming you onboard in October. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Best regards,

Janice Vilchez

Executive Guest Relations | Executive Office

1-888-767-4644, ext. 11507 | jvilchez@rccl.com

They couldn't even get my name right, obviously a cut and paste with someone else's name

I would be more interested in a dining setup that functions well, as opposed to one that is "exciting".

I would be more interested in a dining setup that functions well, as opposed to one that is "exciting".

LOL........and exciting to who? The ones that wanted traditional? I was excited with Dynamic Dining!!! And what about the comment of rolling it out across their entire fleet??? That certainly doesn't sound like DD to me!! Guess we have to wait till the first week of May!!!

I just don't see the same type of dining happening on their entire fleet. Not with most ships having a large MDR and Quantum Class having 4 smaller restaurants.

Edited by beachbuddy

If they are describing their new set up as 'exciting' & offering the 'widest range of flexibility & choice' then they need to ensure DD is intact enough that you don't get the same old menu in every restaurant.

MTD in 2 rotating of the 4 restaurants will still allow non classic diners to experience all 4, albeit not always on the night you would prefer.

But for me if they reduce the menus to a smorgasbord rather than the different unique menus they promised that will be a total sell out.

We sail on Ovation in January, so far on inaugural cruises reports for her are that menus are intact even for classic diners, so hoping it stays that way for her first Australian season.

If they are describing their new set up as 'exciting' & offering the 'widest range of flexibility & choice' then they need to ensure DD is intact enough that you don't get the same old menu in every restaurant.

MTD in 2 rotating of the 4 restaurants will still allow non classic diners to experience all 4, albeit not always on the night you would prefer.

But for me if they reduce the menus to a smorgasbord rather than the different unique menus they promised that will be a total sell out.

We sail on Ovation in January, so far on inaugural cruises reports for her are that menus are intact even for classic diners, so hoping it stays that way for her first Australian season.

Hoping Anthem stays that way too. We have two 12 nighters booked on Anthem and if dining changes for the worse, I'll be canceling at least one of those two.....

Just got off the Anthem. It was our first time on her and our first experience with Dynamic Dining. I was a little apprehensive about it since we had such a difficult time with the reservation process (we did MTD - Choice). Anyhow, it all worked out great, and we loved all of the restaurants. No complaints whatsoever (besides the reservation difficulties).

I did ask one one the head waiters (sorry, I don't know his name or actual position...he might have been the matrie d) about the change from DD, and he said he could not confirm or deny it. Just that 85% of guests complained about it, and they want to do their best to make their guests happy. My husband and I told him that we really enjoyed it, and thought the service was excellent.

Seriously, for the most part, the service was outstanding. We had one server on our last night who was a bit brusque with us, but the majority of them were wonderful. We tried Silk on a whim (we don't typically care for Asian food, but it was the only restaurant we could get reservations for that night), and we were astounded by the level of service and were really happy with the food.

I received an email reply to my letter today as well, asking for the best time to call me tomorrow to discuss my concerns with my upcoming Anthem cruise. Let's see how this goes.

Oh, please come back and let us know if they call you.

Just got off the Anthem. It was our first time on her and our first experience with Dynamic Dining. I was a little apprehensive about it since we had such a difficult time with the reservation process (we did MTD - Choice). Anyhow, it all worked out great, and we loved all of the restaurants. No complaints whatsoever (besides the reservation difficulties).

I did ask one one the head waiters (sorry, I don't know his name or actual position...he might have been the matrie d) about the change from DD, and he said he could not confirm or deny it. Just that 85% of guests complained about it, and they want to do their best to make their guests happy. My husband and I told him that we really enjoyed it, and thought the service was excellent.

Seriously, for the most part, the service was outstanding. We had one server on our last night who was a bit brusque with us, but the majority of them were wonderful. We tried Silk on a whim (we don't typically care for Asian food, but it was the only restaurant we could get reservations for that night), and we were astounded by the level of service and were really happy with the food.

I have no idea how hey say 85% complained about DD. They may have before they tried it and some complain who haven't even been on the ship. I think if they do away with it they're going to be sorry. There are quite a few that book Anthem because of the DD.

Edited by beachbuddy

If they want to continue to provide "choice" and "flexibility" then they better not make Solarium Bistro suite only otherwise that's actually the opposite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:

Dear Mr. Adamo:

Thank you for contacting the Executive Office of Royal Caribbean International. I am pleased to be handling your correspondence on behalf of Mr. Bayley.

We appreciate your feedback regarding Dynamic Dining on Anthem of the Seas. We pride ourselves on always pushing the boundaries of innovation and creating amenities and experiences that exceed the expectations of our guests. We have some exciting plans to enhance the overall dining experience for you and all our guests on Anthem of the Seas and across our entire fleet. These enhancements are being made after careful consideration of our guests’ feedback and desires to have the widest range of flexibility and choice. We will be revealing the details of the program in the first week of May and will contact you personally to assist you with any questions you might have.

Mr. Adamo, we appreciate you taking the time to write to us and look forward to welcoming you onboard in October. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Best regards,

Janice Vilchez

Executive Guest Relations | Executive Office

1-888-767-4644, ext. 11507 | jvilchez@rccl.com

As typical it appears that RC doesn't exactly have their stories straight! The following is the response I received on April 15 regarding our upcoming May 5 Anthem sailing! At this point, it seems as though it's all a guessing game as to who/if anyone is giving reliable information...

Good day,

As of right now no decision has been made to change the Anthem to my time dining model. But I can assure you that your sailing will be with the dynamic dining model.

Thank you,

Marlene Prieto

Administrator, Restaurant Operation

Food & Beverage Operation

(305)539-6000 | mprieto1@rccl.com

Fax: 305-539-4205

As typical it appears that RC doesn't exactly have their stories straight! The following is the response I received on April 15 regarding our upcoming May 5 Anthem sailing! At this point, it seems as though it's all a guessing game as to who/if anyone is giving reliable information...

On the contrary. Your letter says that you will have DD on your May 5th cruise. The other letter says they'll be announcing something in early May. It doesn't say that they will be implementing it immediately. If they announce it and changed things immediately, you and others would be all over them for not giving any advance notice.

On the contrary. Your letter says that you will have DD on your May 5th cruise. The other letter says they'll be announcing something in early May. It doesn't say that they will be implementing it immediately. If they announce it and changed things immediately, you and others would be all over them for not giving any advance notice.

Apologies, I guess I should clarify what I meant. I was referring to the statement in the response I received that they had not yet made any decision to change the dining format on Anthem; whereas the other response seemed quite definitive that a decision to change had already been made and it was just a matter of when it would be implemented.

Either way, we certainly intend on enjoying everything Anthem has to offer! :D

I think the announcement May 1st will be for a phased implementation starting in the late summer/early fall - just my guess. Now exactly what the "enhancements" are will be interesting to find out! :rolleyes:

Thought I'd add the email I received a few days ago as well (for reference, my cruise is July 23):

Thank you for your email and for this opportunity to be of service by answering any questions you may have. Please accept our apologies for the delay in response.

We are happy to confirm that, as of the writing, we have no announcement regarding changes to Dynamic Dining onboard the Anthem of the Seas. The Anthem of the Seas will continue to offer Dynamic Dining, as well as Classic Dynamic Dining.

Classic Dining offers two set dinner seating times, also known as early and late dining, for our loyal guests who prefer a traditional cruise dining style. Dynamic Dining’s Classic option allows guests to rotate through each of the four main complimentary restaurants throughout their cruise with their dining group and the same assigned waiter each evening.

Still on Anthem and just wanted to update info on DD. As of now, they have postponed any further actions/decisions until May 27. The reviews coming back have been very positive which is improving their overall rating.

We were told last night that "If" they make the change it will cost RCI 1 million dollars to change from the current DD Classic & DD Choice to Traditional and MTD because all 4 restaurants will need to be renovated in regards to table arrangements and seating.

Still on Anthem and just wanted to update info on DD. As of now, they have postponed any further actions/decisions until May 27. The reviews coming back have been very positive which is improving their overall rating.

We were told last night that "If" they make the change it will cost RCI 1 million dollars to change from the current DD Classic & DD Choice to Traditional and MTD because all 4 restaurants will need to be renovated in regards to table arrangements and seating.

That's two big changes, "if" and the end of May instead of the beginning.

Thanks Patti, hope the cruise is going well for you and Jim.:)

Thanks again for all of the info! :)

That's two big changes, "if" and the end of May instead of the beginning.

Thanks Patti, hope the cruise is going well for you and Jim.:)

You're welcome. IMHO, I really don't think they are going to change. I think they have gotten a lot of feedback from folks that really like DD and don't want to see them change it. I guess only time will tell.

We are having a great time with currently beautiful seas. Had a slightly bumpy ride up to Cape Liberty on Saturday and Sunday.