ANTHEM - What's going on with DD/Classic Dining?

No travel agent. What restaurants are included in My Time? If I dont get it, do I have to eat at Silk? I don't care for that type of food. Is my time like DD?

If this is true and Royal Caribbean is switching back to the standard dining format then all of the complementary restaurants on board will feature the same menu.

My Time Dining simply means that you choose which time slot you'd like to arrive between a time frame of 5:30 and 8:30 pm for dinner.

The only restaurants on board that will feature a different menu will be the specialty extra-tariff restaurants like Wonderland, Jamie's Italian, Izumi.

Jonathan

CHANGES TO DINING ONBOARD ANTHEM OF THE SEAS®

From 30 April 2016, dining onboard Anthem of the Seas® will change from the current Dynamic Dining model to the Royal Caribbean standard model of Traditional and My Time Dining for all guests, with:

•Traditional dining in Chic and The Grande

•My Time Dining in American Icon and Silk

•Fleet menu in all four main restaurants which will rotate nightly

•Additonal seating in all four main restaurants

•Solarium Bistro joining Coastal Kitchen as an exclusive Suite Class restaurant

source:http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/rci/news.php?utm_source=rci_cpus_signup&utm_medium=email&utm_content=rci_discover_more_intro_button&utm_campaign=rci_summer_sports

Really too bad that RCI came out with a nice concept, DD, but then caved to the whiners who sailed early on Quantum, knowing it lacked traditional dining, and were upset that -- wow -- there was no traditional dining! So RCI shoehorned something into a ship for which it was never built, and now finds itself further down the road shoehorning even more into a ship for which it was never built. If RCI had committed sufficient staff to the DD concept, and trained them properly, it should have worked.

I feel sad for those who were looking forward to true DD, and now will be stuck with either traditional dining, or having to eat a lot of meals in Silk, which needs a total makeover asap. It's your red, stereotypical American version of a Chinese restaurant; imho not the decor of a place you'd want to eat in on multiple nights.

Totally agree: also why spend all that money converting the dining rooms on Oasis and Allure to the themes if they don't have the courage to go through with the concept.

I wonder what decor the Harmony dining rooms will have?? [emoji848]

Thank goodness I'll experience true DD on Ovation next week.

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

Well I emailed Mr. Bayley and told him I was disappointed - because we all know he'll care ;) in my email I mentioned how they came out with unique ships and have already gotten rid of WOW bands (unless I buy them) and now DD, so why should I sail the ship with such a high price tag after you've gotten rid of things that made it different.

If I hadn't done so much research on the Oct cruise I would cancel. But dh wants something other than the 7 day Bermuda offerings on NCL and didn't like the Celebrity repo to San Juan.

I will most likely cancel the April cruise I had booked on Anthem and look for something else. Maybe do Breakaway again or fly down to FL and do something from there. Maybe give MSC a try.

I'm on in November and April. Not sure what I'll do for November since we're linked with 8 other people for dinners and all our DD restaurants and times are already booked!!! But I definitely am canceling the April one. Was on Quantum and we loved DD and that's the reason we booked Anthem. Honestly, not looking forward to eating in one small restaurant for 12 days!

The Fleet Menu is a selection of different meals throughout the week and also includes four or five classic offerings like salmon, grilled chicken breast and so on.

You will probably be switched to one of the new traditional dining rooms. If you prefer flexible dining times call your travel agent and try and switch to My Time Dining.

Jonathan

Fleet menu to me means ALL restaurants will have the same menu just like a traditional MDR has. There's no way that Silk will be serving asian style food to the same people for 12 nights.......LOL I think it's going to be the same as Oasis. After they renamed the 3 decks of the MDR on Oasis to the same as Quantum class, they decided not to do DD on Oasis. The name of each deck in the MDR was changed, however, all 3 decks have the same menu because it's still traditional dining.

I'm on in November and April. Not sure what I'll do for November since we're linked with 8 other people for dinners and all our DD restaurants and times are already booked!!! But I definitely am canceling the April one. Was on Quantum and we loved DD and that's the reason we booked Anthem. Honestly, not looking forward to eating in one small restaurant for 12 days!

Oh my - that could end up being a scheduling nightmare.

I am wondering when RC will have the guts to email everyone about the change.

CHANGES TO DINING ONBOARD ANTHEM OF THE SEAS[emoji768]

From 30 April 2016, dining onboard Anthem of the Seas[emoji768] will change from the current Dynamic Dining model to the Royal Caribbean standard model of Traditional and My Time Dining for all guests, with:

source:http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/rci/news.php?utm_source=rci_cpus_signup&utm_medium=email&utm_content=rci_discover_more_intro_button&utm_campaign=rci_summer_sports

Leslie, thanks for this information. Definitely not happy about it.

Right now it's DD choice and DD classic. When they change, wouldn't they just reassign those people to MTD and Traditional? Am I missing something?

DD Choice = MTD - Silk and American Icon

DD Classic = Traditional - Chic and The Grande

I don't think you're missing anything.

CHANGES TO DINING ONBOARD ANTHEM OF THE SEAS®

From 30 April 2016, dining onboard Anthem of the Seas® will change from the current Dynamic Dining model to the Royal Caribbean standard model of Traditional and My Time Dining for all guests, with:

I'm not doubting the validity of the link (and it agrees with what's already been posted), but is this an official Royal website? I would still wait until Royal announces it.

Right now it's DD choice and DD classic. When they change, wouldn't they just reassign those people to MTD and Traditional? Am I missing something?

The menu's are changing.

Right now, all four restaurants have distinct menus. After the change, they will all serve the same thing - the same menu every other ship has.

They may or may not ... that remains to be seen. Will the folks who have DD Choice have their reservation times honored, or will RC blow away their reservations and have everyone have to reserve again. It would be rough if some groups with linked reservations who planned well ahead of time lose their time slots due to a switch from DD Choice to MTD.

I'm so disappointed by this. We were really looking forward to the restaurant change. Am I to understand from this that if I am in the solarium during the day I will have to walk all the way aft to the Windjammer to get lunch? That would be awful.

I'm not doubting the validity of the link (and it agrees with what's already been posted), but is this an official Royal website? I would still wait until Royal announces it.

Cruisingpower is Royals/Celebrity's site for travel agents. This is them officially advising travel agents.

IMO Royal have bottled it. A great idea that they designed Quantum Class ships to accommodate and wanted it on Oasis class but now they have killed it dead. A great shame.

Cruisingpower is Royals/Celebrity's site for travel agents. This is them officially advising travel agents.

I asked our TA about this (US travel agent) and she said there is nothing on the US Cruising power website that has been able to find. She is very interested in this not only for her clients but also for herself as she is sailing on the Anthem later this summer. Asking her sales rep has resulted in the "nothing has been confirmed" canned answer.

that is a shame, we are scheduled to be on for 12 nights next January and one of the things we liked was DD, how fun to have different menu and venues, it is a shame that they are taking away everything new and exiting about this ship to make it just all of the others.

Cruising Power is the official RCI UK site for travel agents in uk and Ireland. This is Royal announcing it to the UK market.

Cruising Power is the official RCI UK site for travel agents in uk and Ireland. This is Royal announcing it to the UK market.

As UK cruisers cannot cancel without loss of deposit maybe they want to be upfront as soon as possible to avoid complaints. A lot of UK cruisers may have experienced DD when Anthem homeported from Southampton last summer and some may be thinking about a repeat trip hoping to enjoy DD.

All I can say is I'm glad we experienced DD last year ( our best cruise dining experience) and a Feb Anthem cruise in 2017 is now off the cards. IMO being forced to dine in one of two smaller restaurants (including an over the top decorated Silk) is a lesser experience than the three level MDR on most of Royal's other ships. Well done Royal for taking a step backwards.

CruisingPower is RCCL's travel agent portal. It looks like that link is the UK version. I would say it is very official.

Dear Mr. ----------:

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding Dynamic Dining. We appreciate hearing from you and we welcome the opportunity to address your concerns.

We pride ourselves on always pushing the boundaries of innovation and creating amenities and experiences that exceed the expectations of our guests. We have some exciting plans to enhance the overall dining experience for you and all our guests on Anthem of the Seas and across our entire fleet. These enhancements are being made after careful consideration of our guests’ feedback and desires to have the widest range of flexibility and choice. We will be revealing the details of the program in the first week of May and will be sure to contact you personally to assist you with any questions you might have.

Mr. -----------, thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to speaking to you in the near future.

Sincerely,

Nelson Frau

Executive Guest Relations

Executive Office

Dear Mr. ----------:

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding Dynamic Dining. We appreciate hearing from you and we welcome the opportunity to address your concerns.

We pride ourselves on always pushing the boundaries of innovation and creating amenities and experiences that exceed the expectations of our guests. We have some exciting plans to enhance the overall dining experience for you and all our guests on Anthem of the Seas and across our entire fleet. These enhancements are being made after careful consideration of our guests’ feedback and desires to have the widest range of flexibility and choice. We will be revealing the details of the program in the first week of May and will be sure to contact you personally to assist you with any questions you might have.

Mr. -----------, thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to speaking to you in the near future.

Sincerely,

Nelson Frau

Executive Guest Relations

Executive Office

Sounds like UK just published it a little too early...?

Sounds like UK just published it a little too early...?

No, this looks more like what they said when they first backed away from the demise of DD. I remember the "exciting" part.:rolleyes: