ANTHEM - What's going on with DD/Classic Dining?

12 days - 4 restaurants - 3 menus, got it. But Anthem is finished with 12 day itineraries until October so why roll out the "C" menu now? It can only complicate whatever service issues they're currently experiencing. Would think two menus are sufficient for this summer's 9 day sailings (and perhaps only one is really needed for five day Bermuda runs). Just don't understand their thought process.

12 days - 4 restaurants - 3 menus, got it. But Anthem is finished with 12 day itineraries until October so why roll out the "C" menu now? It can only complicate whatever service issues they're currently experiencing. Would think two menus are sufficient for this summer's 9 day sailings (and perhaps only one is really needed for five day Bermuda runs). Just don't understand their thought process.

Agreed. Let them figure out how to cook the two existing menus well before rolling out a third. Unless the plan is to reduce the choices on the other two and just split them into three. Plus, haven't they cut back on the 12 night cruises in the batch they just released for booking?

The only way 3 menus makes sense is if they're getting rid of one of the 3 restaurants (not the physical space, of course). Then they'd be able to do each of three menus three times on a 9 night cruise (which is a popular length on Anthem).

Edited by MisterBill99

Just returned home after 34 wonderful days on Anthem.

The reason for the additional menu per restaurant is adding more variety and selections to each venue.

The reason for the additional menu per restaurant is adding more variety and selections to each venue.

Welcome home Patti, and thanks again for all the inside info while you were away.:)

Yes thank you for all the info! Can you tell me how debarkation was? What time did you leave and how long did it take you to get through customs? Thank you

The only way 3 menus makes sense is if they're getting rid of one of the 3 restaurants (not the physical space, of course). Then they'd be able to do each of three menus three times on a 9 night cruise (which is a popular length on Anthem).

That's a good possibility, maybe they will be making one restaurant traditional and keep the other 3 DD. That would do away with the problems with service with the classic rotating. There were service delays for those with DD choice during the times the people were there with classic.

Yes thank you for all the info! Can you tell me how debarkation was? What time did you leave and how long did it take you to get through customs? Thank you

I just got off yesterday too, my third sailing on Anthem. No line at all at customs. Was in my car in 10 minutes.

Welcome home Patti and thank you for keeping us all informed. Appreciate all the information you provided.

Patty

Welcome home Patti, and thanks again for all the inside info while you were away.:)

Thanks Bob. Nice to go away, but always nice to come home.;)

Debarkation was a breeze. Easiest and most efficient even with the Coast Guard inspection going on.

That's a good possibility, maybe they will be making one restaurant traditional and keep the other 3 DD. That would do away with the problems with service with the classic rotating. There were service delays for those with DD choice during the times the people were there with classic.

All 4 restaurants will remain as they are with each having DD Classic and DD Choice and 3 rotating menus in each venue.

I must say that in our 34 days on board we never experienced any Service Delays and we had DD Choice. There were several times in American Icon where we were seated in DD Classic because a 2-top was available and experienced the same great service and noticed how efficiently the wait staff handled DD Classic.

Welcome home Patti and thank you for keeping us all informed. Appreciate all the information you provided.

Patty

You're welcome.

Edited by cruisenfever

I just got off yesterday too, my third sailing on Anthem. No line at all at customs. Was in my car in 10 minutes.

Hi and Welcome Home! I've been searching for the answer to my question and when I saw you just returned, I knew you would have the answer.

As to embarkation for Anthem - is there a separate check-in and/or security area for Diamond Plus and Suites? On Quantum I remember going in and searching for a person with an iPad to do the check-in and wondering if it is still being done that way?

Thanks for any info you can provide and again, welcome back. So wonderful to be on Anthem I'm sure.

Swiss.

Hi and Welcome Home! I've been searching for the answer to my question and when I saw you just returned, I knew you would have the answer.

As to embarkation for Anthem - is there a separate check-in and/or security area for Diamond Plus and Suites? On Quantum I remember going in and searching for a person with an iPad to do the check-in and wondering if it is still being done that way?

Thanks for any info you can provide and again, welcome back. So wonderful to be on Anthem I'm sure.

Swiss.

I know there used to be a separate check in to the left for suites, but my last 3 cruises I didn't even check. Check in was so fast. I just went to one of the clerks standing outside. Took less than 5 minutes, through security and on the ship. Now if only they could do something about the line of cars waiting to drop off the luggage.

Patty, what did you think of the shows?

We loved We Will Rock You. The Gift was just not for us nor was Specter.

Swiss.

When we arrived at the Terminal on 3/27, We went up to a person with an iPad and when they saw that we were in a Suite they directed us to the Suite Line going through the Security Screening and then, when done, on to one of the Podiums to be check-ed in. After that we got to sit in comfy chairs until boarding began. Boarding started at approximately 10:40.

We are traveling as a family of 4 adults who have dynamic dining choice. We want to have a relaxed,do as we may vacation. How is dining wait if you just walk up with no reservation?

It would depend on the popularity of the time you chose to arrive at. Could be 15-20 minutes or longer. Or it could be less.

Agreed. Let them figure out how to cook the two existing menus well before rolling out a third. Unless the plan is to reduce the choices on the other two and just split them into three. Plus, haven't they cut back on the 12 night cruises in the batch they just released for booking?

They manage to change menus daily on every other ship.

I am sure that the crew of the Anthem can change the menu every few days.

I don't quite understand why you are saying that one restaurant should be eliminated because of 3 menus.

Currently each dining venue has 2 specific menus that are rotated. They are going to add 1 additional new menu to each restaurant. The only thing that is the same in all 4 dining rooms is the "classic" dishes listed on the left hand side of the existing menu.

So on a nine night cruise, each restaurant will be able to rotate "their" menu 3 times.:D

I don't quite understand why you are saying that one restaurant should be eliminated because of 3 menus.

Currently each dining venue has 2 specific menus that are rotated. They are going to add 1 additional new menu to each restaurant. The only thing that is the same in all 4 dining rooms is the "classic" dishes listed on the left hand side of the existing menu.

So on a nine night cruise, each restaurant will be able to rotate "their" menu 3 times.:D

What would the benefit be to switching menus after 3 days when it takes 4 to cycle thru all of the restaurants? Guests would end up missing out on one of the menus at a random restaurant. The only way a third menu makes sense is on a 12 night cruise, and there aren't that many of those on Anthem.

What would the benefit be to switching menus after 3 days when it takes 4 to cycle thru all of the restaurants? Guests would end up missing out on one of the menus at a random restaurant. The only way a third menu makes sense is on a 12 night cruise, and there aren't that many of those on Anthem.

Because most people won't visit Grande more often than once per cruise, and some people won't like the menus for Silk, not everyone goes through one restaurant a day except for classic, which lets be honest, they'd rather you didn't chose

To satisfy all the complainers?

I haven't seen anyone complaining about the food on Anthem......they're just giving more choice. I think it's great.

Mr. Bill, not everyone does Classic. I know we'd never do Classic Dining because we like to choose where we want to eat and when. We choose Grande on a Sea Day since it's Formal Night and not when Royal wants us to do a Formal Night. If shows change and we need to change a reservation, I don't think it's a big deal. We never had a problem changing a reservation when we were on Quantum. Of course, Quantum was all Dynamic Dining and there was no such thing as Classic.

I really don't understand why there has to be Classic, isn't it the same thing if people just book the same time every night and reserve a rotation of restaurants on their own each day? Guess I just don't understand the need for Classic.

Not everyone goes to every restaurant nor do they do DD Classic. On our recent 34 days on Anthem we did DD Choice and never dined at The Grande and only 1 or 2 times Chic. People do have their preferences. We divided out time between American Icon, Coastal Kitchen and Silk which was our favorite, as their lamb chops, IMHO were the best on board.

Edited by cruisenfever

Not everyone goes to every restaurant nor do they do DD Classic. On our recent 34 days on Anthem we did DD Choice and never dined at The Grande and only 1 or 2 times Chic. People do have their preferences. We divided out time between American Icon, Coastal Kitchen and Silk which was our favorite, as their lamb chops, IMHO were the best on board.

Thanks. I'm really glad to hear that, because, realistically, I could have Lamb chops every single night on a Cruise.:D Well... Maybe a Rack of lamb on a few of those nights instead ;)

dp

Edited by dpostman