ANTHEM - What's going on with DD/Classic Dining?

Dear Mr. ----------:

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding Dynamic Dining. We appreciate hearing from you and we welcome the opportunity to address your concerns.

We pride ourselves on always pushing the boundaries of innovation and creating amenities and experiences that exceed the expectations of our guests. We have some exciting plans to enhance the overall dining experience for you and all our guests on Anthem of the Seas and across our entire fleet. These enhancements are being made after careful consideration of our guests’ feedback and desires to have the widest range of flexibility and choice. We will be revealing the details of the program in the first week of May and will be sure to contact you personally to assist you with any questions you might have.

Mr. -----------, thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to speaking to you in the near future.

Sincerely,

Nelson Frau

Executive Guest Relations

Executive Office

Well - something different than others being outright told no change. I take away the comment "will be revealed" the first week of May, versus outright changing at that time. Hopefully won't be any changes for my 5/14 cruise, but am awaiting any

My travel agent friend just heard from Royal Caribbean. They flatly deny that Dynamic Dining is ending.

Thanks - will be interesting to see what rolls out in the next 3-5 days depending on if the date of 4/30 or 5/1 is the announcement date (or not)

Edited by jonj

From my point of view, I'll probably be asking for some significant OBC as the DD dining and unique menus were an important factor in choosing Anthem. If Royal doesn't want to pony up some OBC that I can use for the Signature restaurants, I have no problem in cancelling my reservation and going with NCL

That's funny. Enjoy your cruise on NCL.

Had an interesting conversation with RCI earlier, took the lady nearly an hour to find the information I was seeing while flat out denying it, until I directed her to the site linked in to which she quickly changed and agreed that the changes were going ahead. I have a call back coming from one of the managers tomorrow regarding it all, certainly will be taking it further as I'm not happy seen as we can't change our cruise due to the rules of UK bookings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had an interesting conversation with RCI earlier, took the lady nearly an hour to find the information I was seeing while flat out denying it, until I directed her to the site linked in to which she quickly changed and agreed that the changes were going ahead. I have a call back coming from one of the managers tomorrow regarding it all, certainly will be taking it further as I'm not happy seen as we can't change our cruise due to the rules of UK bookings.

A TA friend of mine said she spoke to Royal and they confirmed there are no changes with DD. Evidently, what was posted on the UK website was outdated information. I'm hoping Royal was telling the truth.

I don't think anyone outright lies, just one hand may not know what the other hand is doing.

I think with all the controversy over DD and whether it's being changed or not, that Royal needs to make a public announcement whether it's via emails to all C&A members, on their website, or hold a press conference. They need to put all the rumors to bed. People, including myself are becoming unhappy with the way they are handling things. There needs to be better communication even within their own company. JMHO

A TA friend of mine said she spoke to Royal and they confirmed there are no changes with DD. Evidently, what was posted on the UK website was outdated information. I'm hoping Royal was telling the truth.

Odd that this would information would get posted yesterday if it's outdated, even the Crown and Anchor line confirmed the changes to me yesterday, though it took a few holds for her to find out the correct information

Odd that this would information would get posted yesterday if it's outdated, even the Crown and Anchor line confirmed the changes to me yesterday, though it took a few holds for her to find out the correct information

I agree with you. I don't know how it could be old or outdated information either unless that is what they were going to do and it wasn't communicated that they weren't going to do it anymore. That's what I' hoping. I seriously think they need to communicate whatever it is they are going to do or not do so people can all relax and stop worrying about it.......LOL

But where did they find the "correct information"? On the website you pointed them at, which Royal has already said is wrong? The people that you speak to when you call, or that travel agents speak to when they call, likely have no access to the people who are actually making the decision.

I think with all the controversy over DD and whether it's being changed or not, that Royal needs to make a public announcement whether it's via emails to all C&A members, on their website, or hold a press conference. They need to put all the rumors to bed. People, including myself are becoming unhappy with the way they are handling things. There needs to be better communication even within their own company. JMHO

I would rather they wait until they have everything finalized because the only thing worse than waiting is not having all the answers of how things will change, what will happen to existing reservations, etc.

The real mistake here was people on the ship speaking about stuff that they probably shouldn't have. But maybe that was part of the plan, leaking information to see what the reaction would be and then revising the plan based on the feedback.

Edited by MisterBill99

Cruising Power has changed the news item posted yesterday, and now it's a description of Dynamic Dining as we currently know it:

WELCOME TO THE FUTURE OF DINING AT SEA

Dynamic Dining has ushered in a new way to dine at sea, replacing the main dining room with 18 stand-alone dining venues, each offering a diverse and delicious menu that will surprise and delight our guests.

http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/rci/news.php

But where did they find the "correct information"? On the website you pointed them at, which Royal has already said is wrong? The people that you speak to when you call, or that travel agents speak to when they call, likely have no access to the people who are actually making the decision.

She confirmed with her manager before confirming it with me, though she said "it isn't doing away with dynamic dining it's just enhancing it" and then understood when I said "no that's removing it"

I don't think anyone outright lies, just one hand may not know what the other hand is doing.

I believe this is the correct answer. The people making this change are not the ones who we or travel agents speak to. I don't know why anyone would expect a C&A CSR to know about something that hasn't officially been announced yet (with the exception of the now removed posting on the UK Cruising Power website).

Edited by MisterBill99

She confirmed with her manager before confirming it with me, though she said "it isn't doing away with dynamic dining it's just enhancing it" and then understood when I said "no that's removing it"

I still find it hard to believe that they would have had access to the actual information. Did you point them at the UK website that had the posting? I see that you did, so at that point, they probably saw that it was on an official RCCL site and figured it must be correct. That post has since been removed, so I'll bet they change their story today.

Edited by MisterBill99

The real mistake here was people on the ship speaking about stuff that they probably shouldn't have. But maybe that was part of the plan, leaking information to see what the reaction would be and then revising the plan based on the feedback.

I'm grateful for the information that people on the ship posted. That gave us all the opportunity to voice our opinions before the final decision is made.

I'm grateful for the information that people on the ship posted. That gave us all the opportunity to voice our opinions before the final decision is made.

I was referring to the ship employees who leaked the information. Once cruisers got word that something was in the works, it was a no-brainer that it would get posted.

Update from the call:

Dynamic Dining won't change from its state as it is

Anyone who has booked already to eat at Solarium Bistro will have their dining time honoured however for walk ups it will be suite only

Update from the call:

Dynamic Dining won't change from its state as it is

Anyone who has booked already to eat at Solarium Bistro will have their dining time honoured however for walk ups it will be suite only

Patti just reported that they are planning to add a third menu to all the DD restaurants too.