ANTHEM - What's going on with DD/Classic Dining?

We are booked on the Anthem for the June 11 sailing so I will be watching this thread closely over the next few weeks. I have all my dining booked and would love to know what is going on. I don't really care if they keep DD or classic, I just want them to announce it. I booked all our dining early and won't be happy if I somehow get stuck with a late dining time. With an 18 month old who goes to sleep at 8pm late dining isn't an option for us.

Given the huge dd threads that existed on the old Quantum Class forum I'm surprised this potential change (whatever it is) hasn't attracted more commentary.

I'm skeptical that they'd try to force-fit traditional dining on Anthem. Small dining rooms would necessitate a third seating and who'd want to eat after 9pm? Don't see what instituting my time dining on deck 4 buys them vs dd, and those who opt for deck 3 traditional would have to be assigned a regular table which would sit empty when folks opt for specialties. The only advantage I see for Royal is the ability to go to a single menu. Will that make the food come out faster, hotter and tastier?

The other rumor, doing away with dd classic, makes sense to me if it is meant to alleviate overcrowding in the restaurants. DD classic tables get only get seatings per night and we know they need to do almost three turns to accommodate everyone. Of course they could just play with the classic reservation times.

Sailing on Anthem in June, have my dining booked and don't care what they do. Just don't want any conflicts with my entertainment reservations.

To add to that: I don't believe that their intent is to completely alienate their loyal customers, but they're not going to let those loyals stop them from adapting to the times. If the D+ and P members stay with them throughout the changes, fine, but if they lose a few, Royal isn't going to be upset. I could be a little off with this claim, but that's my personal take on the situation.

I feel like my wife and I are basically right in the middle of the keep/capture market for RCC. We're in our 30's and was interested in trying out the Anthem style, so we booked a cruise for September. We're fairly active and enjoy all the rock walls and flowriders. But also really appreciate the traditional dining model. I think right now RCC is doing a good job in trying to keep the seasoned vets and court the younger crowds. They have a variety of ships that appeal to every crowd. It definitely feels like Anthem may not have been developed for most of their longtime loyal members, but it's really just one out of many ships.

Though I think I'd be disappointed if come September we didn't get to try out the "new" restaurants. We'll see I guess.

Where is everyone hearing these rumors? This is the first I've seen them.

I was told first hand by David who is the head of all four dining rooms on the Anthem. We were on the 3/7 sailing and he said it was happening by the next couple of sailings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were also on the 3/7 Anthem sailing and heard nothing about any dining changes.

We had DD, booked this cruise very late, and could only get reservations well after 8:30. We showed up for dinner after the show sometimes an hour early. We encountered no or little lines, were met with a smile and a "Please follow me" We were Plat on this cruise if that matters.

We loved DD as we dined earlier than our reservations, were never late, ate where and when we wanted. The guys even changed from Grande to Chic while I was sick last minute. Chic was great to us, even sending me a bottle of Cham hoping I felt better.

On one cruise about a year ago, we had traditional late dining at a 10 top. We were the only couple who ever showed up at dinner for 10 days! DD eliminats this problem. I hope DD is continued along with the deportation style.

We are active 60's.........the Anthem experience was new to us and we will sail her again in a heartbeat.:)

So for the 10/1 Anthem sailing (which I don't have booked yet, but I'm hoping to), only Classic early and late dining are available, with Choice having a waitlist option.

That strikes me as odd, as I would think that Classic would be the one with the waitlist. I know it doesn't mean anything, but I thought I would point that out.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

So for the 10/1 Anthem sailing (which I don't have booked yet, but I'm hoping to), only Classic early and late dining are available, with Choice having a waitlist option.

That strikes me as odd, as I would think that Classic would be the one with the waitlist. I know it doesn't mean anything, but I thought I would point that out.

I've seen it both ways, MTD filled up a year in advance, or traditional filled up a year in advance. I've guessed that it might be travel agencies saving space and associated dining times, but I've got no real data to substantiate that.

Edited by clarea

I've seen it both ways, MTD filled up a year in advance, or traditional filled up a year in advance. I've guessed that it might be travel agencies saving space and associated dining times, but I've got no real data to substantiate that.

Yeah, I know.

It's just that every other Anthem sailing that I've looked at in the past, it has been the Classic times that had the waitlists.

Yeah, I know.

It's just that every other Anthem sailing that I've looked at in the past, it has been the Classic times that had the waitlists.

Booked Dynamic Dining times for Oct 20th Anthem cruise last week with no problem.

We booked an Anthem cruise for the end of April....last minute booking. We have dynamic dining...does this mean we have to book every dinner every night or can we just wing it? We also have Oasis booked and haven't booked any dinners there either...we just like being able to decide last minute or at least the day of where we want to eat. Not too worried about going hungry, but if we don't make reservations will we always have to eat dinner in the windjammer?

We booked an Anthem cruise for the end of April....last minute booking. We have dynamic dining...does this mean we have to book every dinner every night or can we just wing it? We also have Oasis booked and haven't booked any dinners there either...we just like being able to decide last minute or at least the day of where we want to eat. Not too worried about going hungry, but if we don't make reservations will we always have to eat dinner in the windjammer?

They have a standby line on Anthem if I'm not mistaken. You may have a wait though. Alternately you can book it in cabin through the TV, or online once you book.

On Oasis, you'll have a set dinner time for the MDR. Either early or late, unless you book My Time Dining. Then you choose your times and can alternately go to a premium restaurant (Reservations preferred), or the Windjammer Buffet is always an option. As well as various smaller venues, like Boardwalk Hot Dogs, Johnny Rockets (extra charge), Sorrentos Pizza, Promenade Cafe, or Park Cafe (If you eat early enough)

You can wing it.

I was told first hand by David who is the head of all four dining rooms on the Anthem. We were on the 3/7 sailing and he said it was happening by the next couple of sailings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just what did he say is happening? Dumping dd and switching to traditional or just ending dd classic?

On the 3/7 cruise the only time I saw a line was the first night, very early in the evening. I'm guessing that it was those with classic getting settled with their table for the early seating. After that I never saw either a standby line, or a line for those that had reservations, in any of the restaurants. You should be OK.

On the 3/7 cruise the only time I saw a line was the first night, very early in the evening. I'm guessing that it was those with classic getting settled with their table for the early seating. After that I never saw either a standby line, or a line for those that had reservations, in any of the restaurants. You should be OK.

What? No lines??? You're kidding?

You sure you were on a Quantum Class with Dynamic Dining and not a traditional dining Radiance Class ship?

Well maybe it was a fluke... Maybe you're 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Q Class cruises will prove you wrong! :p:D:p:D

Sheesh!... The next thing you'll post is that the service was great and all the different dining options were delicious and fun to experience... BLASPHEMY!!! :eek:

What? No lines??? You're kidding?

You sure you were on a Quantum Class with Dynamic Dining and not a traditional dining Radiance Class ship?

Well maybe it was a fluke... Maybe you're 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Q Class cruises will prove you wrong!

Sheesh!... The next thing you'll post is that the service was great and all the different dining options were delicious and fun to experience... BLASPHEMY!!! :eek:

Already sailed my 3rd, 4th and 5th time on Quantum Class.:p Looking forward to my 6th in 3 weeks. :D and yes everything was very much fun to experience. :eek:

Already sailed my 3rd, 4th and 5th time on Quantum Class.:p Looking forward to my 6th in 3 weeks. :D and yes everything was very much fun to experience. :eek:

Sorry to go off topic but do you know if they run the laundry bag special on Anthem? If not I may need to arrange to rent a Uhaul to get to the port!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sorry to go off topic but do you know if they run the laundry bag special on Anthem? If not I may need to arrange to rent a Uhaul to get to the port!

No direct experience with Anthem, but we have found on other ships that the stateroom attendant will provide the wash & fold bag upon request.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes they had it mid cruise on the 12 night. The cabin attendant left the bag in the room. It's only for certain items of clothing though, underwear, socks, bathing suits, tees, shorts and there were a few others, but I don't remember.

Edited by gaylemh

Already sailed my 3rd, 4th and 5th time on Quantum Class.:p Looking forward to my 6th in 3 weeks. and yes everything was very much fun to experience.

Ugh, next thing you know some fake-handle CC posters whom imposter being Pinnacle (Like Beachlocal and Marianne.momma) will come on here to tell us they've been on 10 Quantum Class cruises and they've all been great... How dare they post against CC's obvious overwhelmingly negative majority towards Quantum Class and especially DD!!!!!!! What do they know anyways?? :rolleyes::p:D

DD and Quantum/Anthem haters unite!!!... Let's all chant together now:

"HEY HEY, HO HO, ANTHEM'S GOT TO GO!"

(Wow, this is what a Trump rally must be like .... Oops, maybe not, we're not

Talking about anyone's wife yet :eek::eek:)

Thank you all for the laundry answer! Little boys go through LOTS of clothes - especially when they have to "dress fancy" for dinner. [emoji3]

I'd ask the stateroom attendant early in the cruise, because it can take two days to get the clothes back. We've learned if we leave the bag in the morning, we get the clothes back the next evening. If we leave the bag in the evening, it can take two days to get the clothes back.