ANTHEM - What's going on with DD/Classic Dining?

I have bad news for you.

If they continue with what they have now, Classic 1 is at FIVE THIRTY. :eek:

Oh no im outta that, if I had the option to cancel flights I would do if they made a change like that, I mean we're still in port till 7 most days of my cruise

True, and it would be interesting of someone on a longer sailing could try ordering from another menu. The POS clearly supports this so there's no technical limitation. China might be an issue, but overcomeable.

I recall another post where someone stated this is possible, except Coastal Kitchen as it had an isolated galley.

Either way, I was more (educated) speculating on the venue optimization DD offers rather than menu choices.

I did-- Ordered from another menu-- can't remember which, but the restaurants were on the same level. Absolutely no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hello,

I have cruised on both Quantum and Anthem sample cruises and I can honestly say that Dynamic Dining does not work and ruins the whole dining experience.

Sorry that you didn't like the "sample" cruises. Perhaps comparing it to a longer version would be appropriate, as I loved it on my 8 night anthem. I don't think I would like the "sample" menu either, as it seems to be really dumbed down versions.

I did-- Ordered from another menu-- can't remember which, but the restaurants were on the same level. Absolutely no problem.

We did the same, in fact most nights the waiters reminded us we could do that. So American Icon and Silk are interchangeable and the Grande and Chic too.

Currently on Anthem.

After speaking with several Upper Management Personnel and Restaurant Personnel, there are going to be changes made, but everything is still in the working-out the bugs stage. Since there are 4 MDR's involved in the change, it is not an easy process.

The 2 dining rooms on Deck 3 will be Traditional Early and Late Seating and the 2 dining rooms on Deck 4 will be MTD.

The exact start up date has not been determined, but it appears it may be with those cruises starting on or after April 30th.

If I hear of any updates, since we will be here until April 30th, I will certainly post it here.

Currently on Anthem.

After speaking with several Upper Management Personnel and Restaurant Personnel, there are going to be changes made, but everything is still in the working-out the bugs stage. Since there are 4 MDR's involved in the change, it is not an easy process.

The 2 dining rooms on Deck 3 will be Traditional Early and Late Seating and the 2 dining rooms on Deck 4 will be MTD.

The exact start up date has not been determined, but it appears it may be with those cruises starting on or after April 30th.

If I hear of any updates, since we will be here until April 30th, I will certainly post it here.

Maybe they have not decided this yet, but I wonder if this means different menus every night?

Currently on Anthem.

Interesting, to say the least. Thanks for the update.

The only problem that I see is the capacity issue.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Maybe they have not decided this yet, but I wonder if this means different menus every night?

Yes, it would be just like all the other ships in the fleet...........A different BORING Menu every night.

Interesting, to say the least. Thanks for the update.

The only problem that I see is the capacity issue.

After scoping out each restaurant, I really believe it is a capacity issue.

Yes, it would be just like all the other ships in the fleet...........A different BORING Menu every night.

I'm actually really surprised that this is actually going through. DD was a key feature of Quantum Class. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed if they go to just traditional and MTD. Rotational Dining would've been good, but I guess that won't work.

Maybe they'll morph some of the DD food into a NEW rotating menu.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Are you saying that the reason for the change is a capacity problem, or that there will be a capacity problem after the change?

I hope not! For the May 5 sailing DD Classic early is listed as being at 6 pm. It certainly could change once I am board.

Yes, it was listed as 6 when I (and "everyone else" booked), but THIS was in my cabin when I arrived:

Anthem%20Dynamic%20Classic%201%20dining%20schedule_zpsiqsshclv.jpg

Currently on Anthem.

Patti, I agree it's going to be a capacity issue.

Only 2 floors of dining? Starting with the Voyager all ships have had 3 decks in the MDR. But it does make sense to make one whole deck dedicated to MTD. I have no idea why they didn't dedicate one deck to MTD on the larger ship classes.

DD isn't a deal breaker, but it was a PITA on Quantum. Hopefuly these tweaks will improve things on Anthem.

I'm on the May 5 sailing and have one thing to say: UGH. This ain't gonna be pretty....

Does anyone know how they would handle that with so many people already booked in the various restaurants under Dynamic Dining? How will they decide who gets fixed and who gets my time?

Edited by RealDeal

After the Change. But, I am sure that they will figure it out.

Interesting, I'm always curious what prompts them to make a major change like this. But I won't bug you anymore on your cruise. Thanks!

Currently on Anthem.

That's the same thing I was told on the 3/7 cruise, and that the menu would change every night, but all restaurants would have the same. Supposedly there were heads of RCCL dining on the cruise trying out different menus. I know there were a lot of different things on the menus, compared to my cruise just a few weeks earlier. I was told sometime in May.

Very interesting. I knew this was an issue, so when I booked our Jan 2/17 cruise yesterday I asked my TA to sign us up for early dining instead of our usual flexible schedule. He says the early dining and wait list are all closed, which is very odd for a cruise that is more than 9 months away.

And so we wait...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last evening I noticed that the Solarium Bistro no longer has a surcharge. When we first were doing our dining reservations there was a surcharge. We booked a table for 8 at 6 pm with no problem.

Maybe they figure this will help the over crowding at the 4 dining venues or soon to be 2.

Last evening I noticed that the Solarium Bistro no longer has a surcharge. When we first were doing our dining reservations there was a surcharge. We booked a table for 8 at 6 pm with no problem.

Maybe they figure this will help the over crowding at the 4 dining venues or soon to be 2.

The Solarium Bistro never had surcharge on Anthem, and it was changed very early on Quantum.

The Solarium Bistro never had surcharge on Anthem, and it was changed very early on Quantum.

Well I don't understand then, because on my cruise planner as of a week ago, there was a surcharge for our sailing. When I went to book it for our group of 8 there was a charge for $160.00. So we decided not to book and would reconsider once on the ship.:confused::confused:

This will be the second time I booked a Royal ship with the intention of trying Dynamic Dining. I was tired of their traditional dining and quite frankly it just wasn't up to par. Then they canceled it on Oasis and I was stuck with traditional, a less than satisfying experience. Now I'm scheduled on Anthem in May and it looks like they are going to implement the change by then. I will still try to enjoy whatever dining option they have and I'm sure the menus will change each day, so I'll still get to try the different menus. But I said it once and I'll say it again: what an embarrassment for this cruise line. They can't get this figured out.

Well I don't understand then, because on my cruise planner as of a week ago, there was a surcharge for our sailing. When I went to book it for our group of 8 there was a charge for $160.00. So we decided not to book and would reconsider once on the ship.:confused::confused:

I was on Anthem in January and March, and will be going again in April and October. I was able to book Solarium for all 4 cruises at no charge.