ANTHEM - What's going on with DD/Classic Dining?

Hmmm

Brain trust shrinks the dining rooms requiring three seatings to feed everyone vs two on other ships. Wonder if they similarly skinnied down the size of the kitchens. Also, on other ships everyone in the kitchen works together using a single menu, but on Anthem there are two kitchens each of which has two menus. Perhaps that's the reason for the move back to traditional, to restore order to the kitchen and get the food out hot.

That won't go over well because you are now forcing people to dress formally when they might have specifically booked this ship to avoid do just that. Those people aren't going to be happy if they go back to a mandatory formal night unless its done the same way Celebrity is doing it where men have to wear a jacket with dress jeans.

No they can still go to any of the other restaurants, it's just that the night chosen for them is the only opportunity they get to do formal night unless they queue, they can still choose a dining time at any other restaurant.

I don't like formal night and on other ships, just go to the Windjammer.

"If" they change to Deck 3 being Traditional dining with 2 seatings and Deck 4 being MTD.......all dining venus will use the same menu that will change nightly. Formal Night will also come back into the picture and the number will depend on the length of the cruise.:(

Or they might just not do formal night what so ever.

Since Solarium Bistro has been brought up, let me throw this into the mix....it's totally gone from the May 5 sailing. Doesn't show as fully booked...simply is not even there as an option. I called yesterday to inquire about this, and the woman allegedly called the dining dept and was told they're doing "inventory maintenance"...on the Solarium Bistro? Seems bizarre...

I am on May 5th booking and have Bistro reserved

"If" they change to Deck 3 being Traditional dining with 2 seatings and Deck 4 being MTD.......all dining venus will use the same menu that will change nightly. Formal Night will also come back into the picture and the number will depend on the length of the cruise.:(

How many formal nights are there generally on a 12 night

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

After talking with the Maitre'd of all restaurants this evening, I can confirm that Dynamic Dining will be coming to an end. When I tried to get her to commit to a date, she said it would be after we disembarked the ship which will be April 30th.

The 2 dining rooms on Deck 3 will be Traditional with 2 seatings and the 2 dining rooms on Deck 4 will be MTD. Yes, Formal Nights will be reinstated on Anthem. Coastal Kitchen and the Solarium will be for Suite Guests and Pinnacle Club Members. Suite Guests and PC Members can also have Traditional or MTD.

When I asked the question "WHY", I was told that there were so many complaints from C&A Members.........and this was all levels, and not the higher levels as was posted earlier, that Upper Management listened and is making the change to satisfy its guests.

This change will only affect Anthem and not Quantum or Ovation.

After talking with the Maitre'd of all restaurants this evening, I can confirm that Dynamic Dining will be coming to an end. When I tried to get her to commit to a date, she said it would be after we disembarked the ship which will be April 30th.

The 2 dining rooms on Deck 3 will be Traditional with 2 seatings and the 2 dining rooms on Deck 4 will be MTD. Yes, Formal Nights will be reinstated on Anthem. Coastal Kitchen and the Solarium will be for Suite Guests and Pinnacle Club Members. Suite Guests and PC Members can also have Traditional or MTD.

When I asked the question "WHY", I was told that there were so many complaints from C&A Members.........and this was all levels, and not the higher levels as was posted earlier, that Upper Management listened and is making the change to satisfy its guests.

That's really sad. I liked having something different from the other ships. I wonder if you do MTD if you will have your choice of Silk or AI, or if you'll be assigned to use only one. Did they say if they will have the same menus as the other RCCL ships?

I wonder when they will let those sailing in May know that they will need to pick what dining they want, or if they will just assign MTD to those that have choice and traditional to those that have classic.

Thanks again Patti.

Very interesting that DD will stay alive on the other Quantum class ships.

So, what is different on Anthem vs. Quantum and Ovation? Is DD going to continue on those ships? If so, why are then not going the same direction as Anthem?

Different demographic (many fewer US and lower number of C&A members) on the Quantum and Ovation.

No they can still go to any of the other restaurants, it's just that the night chosen for them is the only opportunity they get to do formal night unless they queue, they can still choose a dining time at any other restaurant.

I don't like formal night and on other ships, just go to the Windjammer.

We go to the specialty restaurants.

I think we are cruising together.

It is fascinating how this stuff changes. Clearly, the base of RCI doesn't like the way these ships are operated. I must admit, I booked the January 15 sailing and had made all my reservations, when my DW told me she didn't want to do another Caribbean sailing at this time, so I transferred to Norway from the UK, with the complications of competing with the Harmony for a berth at the pier... So booked the Canada sailing and now they are changing away from the reason I booked, I.E. New and different.

That said, I think it will all work out in the end. You don't evolve without failure.

JC

We go to the specialty restaurants.

I think we are cruising together.

It is fascinating how this stuff changes. Clearly, the base of RCI doesn't like the way these ships are operated. I must admit, I booked the January 15 sailing and had made all my reservations, when my DW told me she didn't want to do another Caribbean sailing at this time, so I transferred to Norway from the UK, with the complications of competing with the Harmony for a berth at the pier... So booked the Canada sailing and now they are changing away from the reason I booked, I.E. New and different.

That said, I think it will all work out in the end. You don't evolve without failure.

JC

See what happens when you cancel your cruise with me?!?!?! ;) :p ;) :D :eek:

See what happens when you cancel your cruise with me?!?!?! ;) :p ;) :D :eek:

Mea culpa...

Although, with work the whole bonus day at sea, would have complicated my life. So, how is the wedding planning progressing?

JC

After talking with the Maitre'd of all restaurants this evening, I can confirm that Dynamic Dining will be coming to an end. ...

There you go... a "final" word that seems to be holding a lot of weight to many on this forum from a respected CC'er to re-enforce what I, Beachnative, Merion_Mom, Gayle, etc etc etc have been saying for over a year... Patti did not have a problem whatsoever with DD. There were obviously a few issues from previous cruisers, but Patti's overall conclusion in general (not every single case) points directly to those cruisers who complained essentially about nothing in my opinion, as I experienced on my sailing last year

I'm sure that some people will still complain.

And better yet, they will complain with zero experience or facts even before stepping onto the ship.

This makes my decision about next February so much easier. Anthem vs breakaway-- NCL includes free drinks and specialty dinners and is $600 cheaper. Yet I was still leaning towards anthem-- this may tip the other way. I loved DD and thought it worked fine. And when I complained the first night that my food was cold, it was fixed and management continued to check with me throughout the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If this does come to fruition, do you think they would offer some OBC for folks (like me) who already have their Choice reservations complete and chose the Anthem due to Dynamic Dining? I've got 10 nights of reservations I had to plan. I figure I'd take some OBC and then use them towards specialty dining to offset RC's cluster of a dining situation.

Edited by Brocktoon623

If this does come to fruition, do you think they would offer some OBC for folks (like me) who already have their Choice reservations complete and chose the Anthem due to Dynamic Dining? I've got 10 nights of reservations I had to plan. I figure I'd take some OBC and then use them towards specialty dining to offset RC's cluster of a dining situation.

Choice will change to MTD on deck 4. I guess the outstanding reservations will still be valid there.

Can't say for sure, but I'd be surprised if they offer OBC. No itinerary changes here, just menu changes.