ANTHEM - What's going on with DD/Classic Dining?

I'm still confused by everything but I will just go with the flow. Honestly I have no issues eating in the windjammer.

Even if this change happens, you'll still have MTD. If you already have DD Choice reservations you'll likely be put in MTD at the same time. If you have DD Classic you'll just stay with that. The only thing that will change is the menus.

Menu switching on Anthem seems to depend on length of cruise. On the 3 night CTN earlier this year it didn't change at all and all venues had the same menu -hmmm....that sounds like..... Anyway, most longer sailing cruisers reported that menus change every 4 days. When it changes doesn't really matter, it's the same two sets of menus.

Given there are 4 venues it wouldn't need to change on a 3 nighter. We cruised on a 12 nighter and it switched every 4 nights

I'm going to ask the dumb question since i'm playing catch up on all of this. Isnt My Time Dining and Dynamic Dining pretty much the same thing? So what's changing? (Or supposedly changing til there's official word??)

I'm going to ask the dumb question since i'm playing catch up on all of this. Isnt My Time Dining and Dynamic Dining pretty much the same thing? So what's changing? (Or supposedly changing til there's official word??)

Both My Time and Dynamic allow you to eat when you want, no fixed time.

However, Dynamic also allows you to pick from one of 4 different "free" restaurants, each with a different menu. With My Time, you are eating in the same dining room every night.

Both My Time and Dynamic allow you to eat when you want, no fixed time.

However, Dynamic also allows you to pick from one of 4 different "free" restaurants, each with a different menu. With My Time, you are eating in the same dining room every night.

Oh, i didnt realize that it was the same every night on My Time! Thanks for clarifying. So it will always be in the same dining room, unless we book a specialty restaurant. Thanks!

Oh, i didnt realize that it was the same every night on My Time! Thanks for clarifying. So it will always be in the same dining room, unless we book a specialty restaurant. Thanks!

Correct, and you're welcome.

We were told by the head maitre'd they switch after nights 2.

2 nights menu A, 2 nights menu B, back to menu A again, etc.

Because when we went back to American Icon on night 5 we had the same menu as night 1, so they were already back to menu A again. That's why we asked how they changed.

Currently on Anthem and the menus in each of the 4 dining rooms change every 5th day for dinner . In Coastal Kitchen they change every day up to day 7 then start over again for dinner.

IMO, this DD/MTD/TD fiasco shouldn't change the Suite Class perks which allow JS's in CK for dinner.

But the new Suite Class perks include dinner in CK for JS's. I can't imagine eliminating that, like you seem to say.

I didn't say that JS would not be eligible for dinner in CK when the new program started. I believe I said that Solarium Bistro, which is currently for everyone, would be for Gold Card Holders only (GS and above and PC Members.):)

Edited by cruisenfever

I didn't say that JS would not be eligible for dinner in CK when the new program started. I believe I said that Solarium Bistro, which is currently for everyone, would be for Gold Card Holders only (GS and above and PC Members.):)

I interpreted it the same way, but thanks for clearing that up.

If the reports are true, the folks with MTD will have a choice from the two venues on deck 4. While the menus will be the same, the decor will be different depending on the venue.

If the reports are true, the folks with MTD will have a choice from the two venues on deck 4. While the menus will be the same, the decor will be different depending on the venue.

That's the way I interpreted Patti's post also.

Currently on Anthem and the menus in each of the 4 dining rooms change every 5th day for dinner . In Coastal Kitchen they change every day up to day 7 then start over again for dinner.

Patti,

Thank you so very much for all the information that you have been posting about the upcoming changes on the Anthem.

Well it wasn't like that on our cruise.

I believe you were on the same cruise as me. On our cruise, the schedule was AA-BB-AAAA-BBBB. On my 8 night cruises it was AAAA-BBBB. They have to add a couple more changes on the 12 night to accommodate the extra days.

I didn't just make that up.... It was in the original post by "crusinfever"After talking with the Maitre'd of all restaurants this evening, I can confirm that Dynamic Dining will be coming to an end. When I tried to get her to commit to a date, she said it would be after we disembarked the ship which will be April 30th.

The 2 dining rooms on Deck 3 will be Traditional with 2 seatings and the 2 dining rooms on Deck 4 will be MTD. Yes, Formal Nights will be reinstated on Anthem. Coastal Kitchen and the Solarium will be for Suite Guests and Pinnacle Club Members. Suite Guests and PC Members can also have Traditional or MTD.

Well seen as I've not only placed a booking in the solarium bistro, as well as during booking the cruise specifically selected "Dynamic Dining Choice" if they aren't going to provide either, they'll be in for a lil' storm when I phone the C&A phone line

I love being able to chose when I dine. Always disliked being "forced". Sometimes you're not hungry or not ready to eat at those times. Sure, there are other options like the buffet, but I enjoy the dining rooms in the evening.

On Norwegian, I would just walk up and if we had to wait for a table, we waited. Nothing to stress about. There is food surrounding you all the time.

We are set on the Anthem for June 2.

Edited by freezincruiser

Anyone have an idea on how much notice they'd give if/when the change happens? I'm on the April 30 cruise. If we don't hear anything from RCI before boarding and our DD choice reservations continue to show up in the cruise planner, can we reasonable presume it's not happening yet, or should we be prepared to have this sprung on us after we get on the ship?

Anyone have an idea on how much notice they'd give if/when the change happens? I'm on the April 30 cruise. If we don't hear anything from RCI before boarding and our DD choice reservations continue to show up in the cruise planner, can we reasonable presume it's not happening yet, or should we be prepared to have this sprung on us after we get on the ship?

Totally unknown, this is uncharted territory.

5 pages of 100% pro DD comments on this thread since I posted yesterday.. So where has all this DD love been the past year???

Too late everybody!!!

Exactly, It's crazy when DD first came out everyone was complaining. Now that they say they are changing it, everyone is coming out of the woodwork saying how much they want it. Where was everyone in support of DD when people were complaining?

Edited by gaylemh

Exactly, It's crazy when DD first came out everyone was complaining. Now that they say they are changing it, everyone is coming out of the woodwork saying how much they want it. Where was everyone in support of DD when people were complaining?

There was a lot of complaining once the Quantum entered service by those who sailed on her.

However, there was a also lot of complaining about DD from PEOPLE WHO NEVER SET FOOT ON THE SHIP and from some who said they would never sail on her. There was at least one of those types of complaints on this thread.

There was also a lot of complaining about DD before the ship ever sailed.

My feeling is that if you haven't experienced it you shouldn't be complaining until you do.

When we were on the Dec. 1 cruise there was a complaining frenzy in the Concierge Lounge and like minded people gathered together and reinforced each others displeasure. On the Dec. 12 sailing there was less complaining in the CL.

I was flamed several times after sailing on the Quantum because we had 2 wonderful cruises; DD worked great for us and we experienced very few glitches anywhere else.

DD wasn't the only topic for those who complained. There were a lot of glitches in the early sailings which led to a large number of negative reviews.

When we sailed on the Anthem this December things were running smoothly (although we experienced slow service in the Dining Rooms a couple of nights).

Edited by beachnative

I've sailed on Quantum 3 times and getting ready for my 3rd on Anthem. Sometimes I felt like I was on a different ship than some that were reporting on CC.

I guess I was just lucky, I haven't had any problems with DD. I didn't always get the exact time I wanted before I boarded, but it was always easily fixed once onboard. I only experienced a line once on Quantum, and we were asked if we would like to dine in CK instead. There have been some dishes that I didn't like, but that was just my personal taste, and I was always asked if I wanted something else.

I'm sure some people did have problems, but that happens on all cruises, and even land based restaurants. There are many times that even with a reservation, I get stuck waiting for a table at local restaurants.

The bottom line is there are some that don't like change and will keep complaining. Apparently RCCL listed to them.