Indonesia: Australians now visa free

Announced tonight on Channel 7 Perth news that Indonesia has finally delivered on Australia being added to the visa free list. I wonder how long it will take to implement? We are sailing on Pacific Eden to Indonesia in May but had emails last week about our shipboard account being charged for an entry visa.

At least they didn't whack the US $25 handling fee on that, like they have on my upcoming cruise.

And the visa notes for that cruise state "Please note this voyage is not eligible for the Visa-Free Short Visit Program" so I think cruisers will be paying for visa for a while yet. :mad:

At least they didn't whack the US $25 handling fee on that, like they have on my upcoming cruise.

And the visa notes for that cruise state "Please note this voyage is not eligible for the Visa-Free Short Visit Program" so I think cruisers will be paying for visa for a while yet. :mad:

I would query their definition on 'eligibility' then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, it has been dropped but if the cruise lines have already committed to paying the fees, they will pass them on to the passengers.:(

User Pay Mic. Like the Panama Canal, $250,000 for a cruise ship. Guess who pays? Yes the pax, in your port charges. One reason why port charges are over the top on Panama Canal cruises. Such is life.

User Pay Mic. Like the Panama Canal, $250,000 for a cruise ship. Guess who pays? Yes the pax, in your port charges. One reason why port charges are over the top on Panama Canal cruises. Such is life.

Yes, but I was saddened because even though it is now free, apparently Princess are still charging.

I would query their definition on 'eligibility' then.

It may have something to do with the fact that Benoa is not listed as an arrival port (but is a departure point oddly) on the Indonesian visa website.

Who cares you would have to pay me to go to the place

A little confused as to why you'd bother with this thread then?

Plenty of us who enjoy Bali. Just have to avoid the Kuta dirty spots.

Edited by Pushka

Who cares you would have to pay me to go to the place

If your cruise ship stops there and payment for visas is still required then you still have to pay even though you do not get off the ship on that day.

If your cruise ship stops there and payment for visas is still required then you still have to pay even though you do not get off the ship on that day.

got told this by a friend that did the freo to syd or brissie cruise via a bali port and even if you did not get off you still had to pay ,i didnt know about that till she told me , been thinking of doing that cruise though i only wanted to do the aussie coast with out bali [no offense to the ones that like that place etc or the place itself at the time that was all i wanted to do]

got told this by a friend that did the freo to syd or brissie cruise via a bali port and even if you did not get off you still had to pay ,i didnt know about that till she told me , been thinking of doing that cruise though i only wanted to do the aussie coast with out bali [no offense to the ones that like that place etc or the place itself at the time that was all i wanted to do]

Some of them stop at PNG instead, just check all the itineraries. It's a great cruise, we did it last year. Our cruise stopped at Lombok which was marginally better than Bali from what I've heard, in regards of being an easier tender port at least. I like Bali but it's not a place I want to visit for one day from a cruise ship, especially being a tender port.

Some of them stop at PNG instead, just check all the itineraries. It's a great cruise, we did it last year. Our cruise stopped at Lombok which was marginally better than Bali from what I've heard, in regards of being an easier tender port at least. I like Bali but it's not a place I want to visit for one day from a cruise ship, especially being a tender port.

yeah seen Lombok mentioned etc will do for sure if i get to i will be fine with it no matter where it ends up hopefully the places you mentioned :) will have to save my pennies for it though :)

yeah seen Lombok mentioned etc will do for sure if i get to i will be fine with it no matter where it ends up hopefully the places you mentioned :) will have to save my pennies for it though :)

Unfortunately Lombok is part of Indonesia so you still get stung with the visa fee there.

There appear to be quite a few Princess cruises in the next year or so that go to PNG instead of Indonesia.

Start saving ;)

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Yes from what I've seen they do would be interesting to go to PNG if I was on a cruise that stopped there anyways yes will save as much as I can cause I'll probably be going by myself again

Message for OzkiwiJJ We all got the info about the $25 extra charge before we went away but for some reason it never happend ony any of the visas. I think they must habve had many complaints about it we had a couple of small fees added at each [port no more than $2 aust dollars so in the end was quite happy with it all. REGARD zANNY

SO I don't think you will get those extra charges niether

That's right, we were both a bit crook when we stopped there in October last year so we stayed on the ship, still had to pay the Visa fee though.

Edited by GUT2407

Message for OzkiwiJJ We all got the info about the $25 extra charge before we went away but for some reason it never happend ony any of the visas. I think they must habve had many complaints about it we had a couple of small fees added at each [port no more than $2 aust dollars so in the end was quite happy with it all. REGARD zANNY

Good news then.:D

Many thanks Zanny. Fingers crossed we won't. ;)

Actually it's going to be very interesting on our cruise. If word has got out about Australia being part of the Visa-Free program now there are going to be some very unhappy people on our cruise. I wonder how Princess will handle it. :D

I might just be tempted to quiz customers services about it, just to see what they say.;) :D

Edited by OzKiwiJJ