Suitcases - locked or unlocked?

j3000

What do you do with your checked suitcases when boarding the ship (not your carry-ons)? Locked or unlocked?

I lock our suitcases with the same TSA approved locks we use on flights.

Cruise lines may not have the keys for these locks but I'd rather go to the naughty room to open my bag if they suspect there's any prohibited items than to tempt a baggage handler. And yes, I know that suitcase zippers are not that difficult to open but hopefully any thief will go to an unlocked bag instead of my locked bag. ;)

I lock our suitcases with the same TSA approved locks we use on flights.

Cruise lines may not have the keys for these locks but I'd rather go to the naughty room to open my bag if they suspect there's any prohibited items than to tempt a baggage handler. A

As do we. Why tempt fate?

I locked mine after i put all the heavy stuff back... (It was too heavy for airplane)! Unfortunately i also put the keys to the car in there... Forgetting i had attached the luggage keys to the car keys ... Not good! Had to have the steward cut the locks off... Which also showed me how safe the locks are... I Don't bother to lock it anymore... I don't carry anything valuable in there...

We always use small zip-ties on our checked luggage, both when flying & at the ship. We put a small nail clipper in one of the outside pockets to unclip them, have never had a problem with it. We do it more to prevent the zippers from accidentally opening, because if someone really wants to get into your luggage, they will...

Ours is unlocked, but nothing but clothes & toiletries in it. All valuables are in my carryon bag. Most cruises we carry our luggage on anyway. Does Princess allow you to carry on your luggage?

If it will fit through the security scanner.

Guest arowe6

I've always kept mine unlocked. If anyone wants some used jcrew clothes (probably stained) then more power to them.

Never had an issue.

-Andrew :-)

We do not lock our checked bags either for the airport or a cruise ship.

Like others, we put valuables in carry on luggage or in my purse. I leave my good jewelry at home.

Luckily,we have never had a problem.

If someone wants my clothes, fine with me. That would give me an excuse to go shopping!

Anything of value including medicine is always in my carry-on. I normally don't lock, but there is nothing in there except my clothes.

Same for us. It's been many years since we've flown anywhere, but for flights we tend to use locks. We put anything of value in our carry ons for cruises.