First Day Lunch

What's your favorite place to go to when you get on the ship? I've heard that Park Café gets busy now, Windjammer is very crowded so am thinking of Solarium Bistro, but does it have stuff for kids (one of mine is picky but likes typical kid food)

Was trying to add a poll, but it's not there...so here's a list:

• Windjammer
  • Park Cafe
  • Wipe Out
  • Solarium Bistro
  • Johnny Rockets (small fee)
  • Giovanni's (specialty)
  • Other (e.g. Cafe Promenade, Dog House, Sorrentos)

Edited by LuCruise

We've gone to the Windjammer on every cruise so far. We always talk about going somewhere else and then we get on the ship and fall into old habits. It kind of marks the start of the cruise to us.

Tom

Is Solarium food kid friendly? Or is it all stuff like quinoa, kale (which are my favorites but not such popular items for our kids)

It's not all super healthy stuff, but my guess is that the kids would like Wipeout or Boardwalk Dog House better.

My apologies, I remembered posting about lunch in general, but didn't remember day one. Interesting though that you bother to search someone's history :rolleyes:

I searched "first day lunch" since I remembered a thread. I am sorry helping you find information upsets you so much, I won't search and help in the future.:rolleyes:

I searched "first day lunch" since I remembered a thread. I am sorry helping you find information upsets you so much, I won't search and help in the future.:rolleyes:

I got the impression that she was referring to first day also when she said "when you get on the ship".

I appreciated you posting the link even if she didn't. Please keep in mind you might post something for someone in particular but it can also help others! :) so don't let this situation deter you from doing it again. Thanks!

My apologies, I remembered posting about lunch in general, but didn't remember day one. Interesting though that you bother to search someone's history :rolleyes:

Wow, OK. You know what? Sometimes, interestingly enough, I remember seeing a duplicate thread from the same person. For some reason, it just "sticks" in my mind. I will search that person's posts to see if they already posted and just "forgot" (it does happen). mema was trying to help you. She's an amazing asset to these forums and I appreciate her advice and friendly attitude. I'm sure she meant nothing more than to direct you to the first thread you had started a few months back. OK?

Enjoy your cruise.

What's your favorite place to go to when you get on the ship? I've heard that Park Café gets busy now, Windjammer is very crowded so am thinking of Solarium Bistro, but does it have stuff for kids (one of mine is picky but likes typical kid food)

• Windjammer
  • Park Cafe
  • Wipe Out
  • Solarium Bistro
  • Giovanni's (specialty)

Giovanni's hands down.

is the CL or CK open for lunch on the 1st day when we board? I figured it may have less crowds, also a good place to wait with carry-ons if the room isn't ready? anyone know? thanks

The Suite Lounge is available 24 hours via your SeaPass card, so you can use it to wait with your carry-ons. Also, on Oasis, they had a small buffet lunch available in the Suite Lounge on boarding day.

• Windjammer
  • Park Cafe
  • Wipe Out
  • Solarium Bistro
  • Giovanni's (specialty)

I see your going on Allure. I have done the Dog House on the boardwalk twice. I have boarded around 11:30 both times and about the time I am done with the dog house the line at the Park Cafe is out the door. But if you are in a suite or Diamond or higher you can probably go directly to the Park Cafe and not have too bad of a line. That is what I cam going to try this time now that I am Diamond, but if the line is long, we may head to the Dog House or up to the Wipeout Cafe, which wasn't an option on my 2011 cruise.