executive lounge upgrading to PH

riandei

What is involved in the executive lounge

what would be the benefit to upgrading to PH from Balcony

You get basically the same perks in the Concierge lounge as the Executive, only the Executive is a little nicer.

There is the newspapers that shouldn't be removed, plus maybe some magazines. Sodas, snacks, coffee machine, juice, some seating, a big screen TV and a dedicated concierge person. You also get access to the Spa terrace with either level.

The more important reason to upgrade to the PH is the extra size, the walk in closet and the ability to order from any Specialty restaurant every night, plus of course a butler.

You get basically the same perks in the Concierge lounge as the Executive, only the Executive is a little nicer.

There is the newspapers that shouldn't be removed, plus maybe some magazines. Sodas, snacks, coffee machine, juice, some seating, a big screen TV and a dedicated concierge person. You also get access to the Spa terrace with either level.

The more important reason to upgrade to the PH is the extra size, the walk in closet and the ability to order from any Specialty restaurant every night, plus of course a butler.

Executive lounge is no big deal. No reason to spent the extra money just for that. The other perks are a valid reason to upgrade if they are important to you. They are great for us.

weve been offered an upgrade from a balcony to the PH on our sailing ...

I'm concerned we will pay the XTRA and they the lounge would be closed due to the noro issues ...but from what you are saying ... the lounge is not the real perk

the upgrade is 700 per person for a 10 day cruise ... seems a bit much for the value we would get

weve been offered an upgrade from a balcony to the PH on our sailing ...

I'm concerned we will pay the XTRA and they the lounge would be closed due to the noro issues ...but from what you are saying ... the lounge is not the real perk

the upgrade is 700 per person for a 10 day cruise ... seems a bit much for the value we would get

You most probably have lost the possible upgrade as they don't wait around for you to make up your mind. You need to decide quickly and it has to be what you want as everyone has different wants, for instance, think that is a good upgrade price.

The lounge is the least reason why you might upgrade. Really no big deal. As others said, the other reasons are significangly more important. Most people with access never set foot in the lounge as almost everything in there is available elsewhere on board for everyone.

Actually, in terms of "value", it's a pretty good deal.

Typically on a 10 day cruise the difference in cost of Concierge and PH is at least double of $700 (or more).

Also, the upgrade in cabins (from veranda to PH) is much greater on O class ships than R class. The ability to dine in your suite from specialties is a major bonus to us - YMMV.

Your call :)

You most probably have lost the possible upgrade as they don't wait around for you to make up your mind. You need to decide quickly and it has to be what you want as everyone has different wants, for instance, think that is a good upgrade price.

The lounge is the least reason why you might upgrade. Really no big deal. As others said, the other reasons are significangly more important. Most people with access never set foot in the lounge as almost everything in there is available elsewhere on board for everyone.

it may be gone ... but I just got the email about an hour ago ... and for us the 1400 $ for 10 days is not something we would be interested in ... we have not sailed O yet ... wouldn't want to be spoiled first time out of the gate ... however ... the extra room may be nice when we are quarantined with Noro :)

Typically on a 10 day cruise the difference in cost of Concierge and PH is at least double of $700 (or more).

Also, the upgrade in cabins (from veranda to PH) is much greater on O class ships than R class. The ability to dine in your suite from specialties is a major bonus to us - YMMV.

So the difference would be even larger...as we are in a B2. [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

I am with those who have already spoken. We book a PH for the extra room, not for the lounge. Yes, we've used it a tiny bit. Not much at all and we wouldn't miss it if it disappeared. But we WOULD miss the extra room!

If you do a search you will see that many would not do the upgrade for any reason ... they tend not to be in the room that much, don't NEED the extra room, etc. It's for you to decide if you want more storage space, a larger bathroom, etc. We never thought we'd appreciate the butler ... but now we do.

For me, it would be worth $700pp for a shorter cruise. Maybe not for you?

Mura

So the difference would be even larger...as we are in a B2. [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Yes if you mean the price difference between B2 and PH - it would be much greater than Concierge & PH.

The cabin, however, is the same in B2 as in Concierge - so difference in cabin from B2 to PH is same as Concierge to PH.

Yes if you mean the price difference between B2 and PH - it would be much greater than Concierge & PH.

The cabin, however, is the same in B2 as in Concierge - so difference in cabin from B2 to PH is same as Concierge to PH.

PH is much larger than Concierge. By far.

I think that Paul was comparing a Concierge to a B2, not the other way around.

Mura

I am sure it was just a mistake, but I did not want it to stand for other people to see that did not know the different sizes.

I am sure it was just a mistake, but I did not want it to stand for other people to see that did not know the different sizes.

It wasn't a mistake - perhaps not written as clearly as it might have been, but no mistake there.

Please read my post again more carefully :)

It wasn't a mistake - perhaps not written as clearly as it might have been, but no mistake there.

Paul is correct,

All of the veranda cabins, whether concierge or not, are identical.

Therefore the "jump" to Penthouse remains equal in terms of room size.

Paul is correct,

All of the veranda cabins, whether concierge or not, are identical.

Therefore the "jump" to Penthouse remains equal in terms of room size.

And a mighty fine jump it is! :)

We had heard for some time about the Oceania PH Suites, and how they had such a good use of space, and we finally had a chance to experience it (after having to cancel previously).

For the square footage, it was wonderful.

If only some hotels could do this as well...

The *only* thing we missed was a larger bathroom (especially a second sink).

Okay, also a second full or half bathroom, but I feel like that's nitpicking.

The bathroom "as is" was fine, don't misunderstand.

Having that large shower stall AND a full sized tub was wonderful, and both were used frequently.

Although it's the smallest cabin/suite we've had yet on a cruise (aside from the insides back in the 1970's, where all of this started!), it was much more comfortable than we were expecting.

We were really very pleased with the PH Suites and we are eager to return to the Riviera, or Marina.

Of course, the overall ambiance of the ship was a huge plus.

Somehow, that rather small "faux curtain divider" between the sofa and the head of the bed made it "feel" like there were two separate rooms, if one of us was in bed sleeping or reading, and the other was on the sofa.

And the seating and table at the foot of the bed?

That really came in handy when we couldn't get as many extra reservations for the specialty restaurants as we wanted.

Our dear Butler (kudos to Xavier!) made it all "appear" :)

We only used the Executive Lounge to snatch a few too many chocolate Madeleines. There were a few other treats, and drinks available all the time. But for coffee... Baristas was a very short distance away.

It seemed like a lot of space in there, most of it rarely used.

To us, the difference in cost between the highest priced Veranda/Concierge cabin and the lowest priced PH Suite or for a modest upsell fee...? Not a difficult choice.

Just a little too confusing for me. Simpler is better. Sometimes the Florida sun bakes my brain a little too much, but then it clears up.

I'll try to keep it more simple for you next time :D

Sure would help a lot. Would be easier to answer the question, which i have forgotten already. Guess it was not very important anyway. :D:D

• 2 weeks later...

You convinced me....

Glad i waited

The price dropped

Now we will never want another 'regular' balcony

:)

As long as we're on this whole subject, I guess I'll ask a question too. To me, the extra room (both inside and out) is the only reason to upgrade. It's a great reason by itself.

The lounge is nice to be able to have close, ready-made coffee in the morning, so I can whip down the hall in 2 minutes and be back to my balcony with it while the spouse sleeps in. (I don't want to troop up 3 levels and down multiple corridors to find it and wait for it - and I don't want to fumble around making/spilling it in those yucky room machines.) But cruisers get that perk on the Concierge level too.

But I don't get the butler thing. I don't mind going to the restaurant to eat. We always sit at a table for 2 anyway. The food will be fresher/hotter there and I don't really want to eat crowded in at the foot of my bed. What does the butler do, exactly? He brings you room service in the middle of the night? He double-checks your shore excursion reservations? He brings you snacks? What? We like luxury but we're very independent and I can't think of anything I need a butler for.

So, other than the extra room (which I totally get), help me understand the rest of it. Thanks

Agree that the Executive Lounge is not a reason to do an upsell, however, it was used quite extensively in the morning during our two Riviera cruises. While I am not a fan of having a space that all guests cannot access, I did appreciate having the computers there. We found the temperature in the computer room to be extremely warm while the Executive Lounge was well air conditioned.

We have stayed in both a PH and Vista suite -- both lovely. While it is easier to dine in the Vista suite, we had no problem sitting and having canapes and a drink at the table in the PH suite. The food was hot and delicious when it arrived. Dining in your suite is a great alternative if you are tired after a long day or simply want food from one of the specialty restaurants.

On cruises that are not port intensive, we appreciate having a larger space so we can enjoy the amenities of the suite. If we were going to be in a different port every day, a small stateroom would not be a problem since you are only there to sleep.

In terms of a butler, while not necessary, we appreciate what they do for us. They are lovely gentlemen - well educated and eager to make your experience on Oceania as perfect as possible.