Suite guests in Diamond Lounge ?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can suite guests use the Diamond Lounge if they are not Diamond status and like wise can a Diamond status passenger go in the Concierge Lounge if they are not in a suite ?

No to both.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can suite guests use the Diamond Lounge if they are not Diamond status and like wise can a Diamond status passenger go in the Concierge Lounge if they are not in a suite ?

Suite guests do not have access to the diamond lounge unless they are diamond or above. D+ and above have access to the CL lounge on all ships except Oasis class. On Oasis class only suites and pinnacle have access to the suite lounge.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

No and No. the concierge lounge is D+, Pinnacle and suites.

The Diamond lounge is Diamond, D+ and Pinnacle

Those DL's on the Freedom class ships are much better...not so "lowly" ;):D

Totally agree

We had a gold card on the Liberty and the DL was so much nicer than the CL

Totally agree

We had a gold card on the Liberty and the DL was so much nicer than the CL

Agree...We can go to either lounge but it seems on several classes of ship the DL's are better and we usually end up liking the DL concierge's more too.....

Thank you for all the answers. We are going on Indy in May, we are in a suite and its been 3 years since we were last on her and our Gold card worked to open both lounge doors. Just wondered if it is still the same on Freedom class ships ?

Thank you for all the answers. We are going on Indy in May, we are in a suite and its been 3 years since we were last on her and our Gold card worked to open both lounge doors. Just wondered if it is still the same on Freedom class ships ?

As others have posted, it is not supposed to work that way. Your card is only supposed to open the Concierge Lounge door.

Whether it happens any other way is pure happenstance.

As others have posted, it is not supposed to work that way. Your card is only supposed to open the Concierge Lounge door.

Whether it happens any other way is pure happenstance.

Many thanks, don't want to be ejected or be persona non grata !!!

‘’I DON’T BELIEVE IT’’ those posh people in the suite’s want all the steerage class kicked out the CL and now they want to use the DL with us poor people. DL on Inde is much nicer then the CL which if I’m not wrong becomes the SL on the 1st May and D+ will not be able to use it anyway no doubt someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

‘’I DON’T BELIEVE IT’’ those posh people in the suite’s want all the steerage class kicked out the CL and now they want to use the DL with us poor people. DL on Inde is much nicer then the CL which if I’m not wrong becomes the SL on the 1st May and D+ will not be able to use it anyway no doubt someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

That will throw the cat amongst the pigeons !!! so where will all the Diamond passengers go ? There are quite a few Diamond and + members on our roll call who are talking about how much they are looking forward going back into the DL on the 14th May when we sail !!!!

We prefer the company usually found in the DL to that of the CL. Prefer to spend time with seasoned cruisers and exchange tales and experiences as opposed to sitting listening to one cruise wonders(Suites) for the most part.

The Duchess and I will be traveling POSH though, Port out Starboard home.

We prefer the company usually found in the DL to that of the CL. Prefer to spend time with seasoned cruisers and exchange tales and experiences as opposed to sitting listening to one cruise wonders(Suites) for the most part.

I am not a one cruise wonder and sail exclusively in suites. and FTR when anyone starts in with the "I have X many days at sea" nonsense my husband can look them in the eye and say he has more than that in the last 6 months alone. I am sick and tired of being looked down on by Diamonds and Diamond Pluses who thinks that just because they have sailed more often( but decidedly not necessarily having spent more money) that their fecal matter does not produce an odor and those of us in Suites are infringing upon territory that was never theirs they just co opted because they felt special.

I am tired of ANYONE looking down on ANYONE ELSE.

Period.

Sheesh.

Need more than a like button; I love this!

We have met such great people in both lounges; whether they were there because they were cruising in a suite or because of their C & A status. Hope to continue to meet people who are just happy to be on a cruise and enjoy meeting others!

• Like 1

I am tired of ANYONE looking down on ANYONE ELSE.

Period.

Sheesh.

Totally agree, way too much of this sentiment happening lately.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The OP asks a question, how about just give factual answers.

The facts of it are that the lounges are supposed to be accessed by those that have an entitlement either through loyalty rewards or by cruising in a suite. Our experience however, on Voyager and Explorer over the last 6 months out of Australia is that sometimes the people in charge on the ship make a decision to allow those with a suite gold card to have the ability to open the DL door. That is a fact, and while the Diamond Concierges agree that it is not what usually should happen, it is what the host (cruise line) has determined will happen.

Maybe it is just out of Australia due to lower numbers of loyalty members compared to US sailings. Maybe it is because the CL is a dingy cold hole with no windows. We were in a suite on one of the cruises, and were diamond level for all of them, and we asked the question, and were told it was a management decision. By the time we saw flip flops and shorts in the MDR we had given up wondering about rules and expected standards. You go on the cruise and just enjoy yourself and let the cruise line worry about setting the rules and policing them.

If a diamond can not get a seat in the DL, then the 3 drinks on the sea pass is pretty good to have as an alternative. I am not going to sit in the DL from about 3.30-4pm just to hold a table, as we saw people doing when we were there for an afternoon coffee.

OP, if your card opens the DL door, then you have access. If your card doesn't, then you don't. No faux pas here. Just don't get into debates with others about it, and if they feel the need to have a word to you tell them to take it up with management.

Ok so we as suite people are one time wonders? I am Diamond plus on Royal and one cruise away from Elite plus on Celebrity, I am a well seasoned cruiser and am not a one time wonder, thank you very much. But I really could careless about free drinks in either of the lounges.

i am not a one cruise wonder and sail exclusively in suites. And ftr when anyone starts in with the "i have x many days at sea" nonsense my husband can look them in the eye and say he has more than that in the last 6 months alone. I am sick and tired of being looked down on by diamonds and diamond pluses who thinks that just because they have sailed more often( but decidedly not necessarily having spent more money) that their fecal matter does not produce an odor and those of us in suites are infringing upon territory that was never theirs they just co opted because they felt special.

like!