Too Many D, D+ and P

I'm wanting popcorn Sundaes. Coat the bowl w/ chocolate syrup, add of popcorn, dump on more chocolate syrup, add strawberry syrup, pour caramel over the top.

The other idea would be caramel popcorn.

Edited by knittinggirl

The lounges would be much less crowded if they stopped granting reciprocity between cruise lines and make people earn levels one cruise at a time.

Ouch!

Better yet to create a suite lounge, Diamond+ and up lounge, and Diamond lounge. Taking away our concierge lounge by calling it a suite lounge stinks w/o taking away too much from the non-Diamond passengers.

Voyager has 13 bars, clubs and lounges, so there should be three places for the aforementioned lounges.

Edited by knittinggirl

Why would anyone in their right mind use ranch dipping sauce when eating Buffalo wings? There is only one accompanying sauce for wings...blue cheese! Yes...I'm in my own little world here.

I'm right there with you in that world on this one. Marzetti's Ulitimate Blue Cheese is my preference. I figure restaurants that serve ranch do so because they save money over using blue cheese, but why anyone at home would choose to use ranch is a mystery to me.

Edited by yj_eugene
Spelling challenged

Since this thread is a waste of time, I will take it on a tangent rant, driven by the mention of ranch popcorn topping. Why would anyone in their right mind use ranch dipping sauce when eating Buffalo wings? There is only one accompanying sauce for wings...blue cheese! The real wings question is not blue cheese vs. ranch, but rather Duff's vs. Anchor bar.

Yes...I'm in my own little world here.

I love the wings at Anchor bar.

Where is Duff's? I'll have to try it some day.

OP, thanks again for this thread. Highly entertaining and educational.:D

I think that to address the overpopulation of top tier issue- when a person turns 21 they should revert to the level of their points based on their actual cruises sailed. Unless they have changed the policy, at the time a kid turns 18, they remain the same tiers as their parents regardless if they cruised one time or 50 times. Historically, as an example, if a child cruised one time, and his parents are D+ when he turns 18, the 18 year old is now D+ forever. Then when he/she gets married that spouse automatically is D+. So you can see how fast the numbers can grow.

I have 2 kids. When one turned 18 I was D. So he stayed at D. When my 2nd child was 18 I was already D+ so she's D+. My son has been on about 6-7 cruises? My daughter has been on maybe 10-12? They don't have the actual cruise points to reach those levels. That's where the system is flawed. I was told one time by RCCL rep that in order for my son to move up to D+ however, he needs 175 points so if he had 50 points for example on his own (and is a D), he needs 125 more points to reach D+.

I think there's also a problem w/ earning status via marriage. I really don't mind having a newlywed give his spouse the same status as he. But I read about a man that got status by marriage, divorced wife #1, married wife #2 and made her Diamond, then also managed to get the adult offspring & significant other Diamond as well. I really hope it's an urban legend.

If they divorce, they should revert to the level of their cruise points. If they're allowed to keep their Diamond status, they certainly shouldn't be able to make the new spouse Diamond, as no one in the relationship has enough points for the level. Only let them create a Diamond spouse if they have enough points in their own right.

Edited by knittinggirl

The lounges would be much less crowded if they stopped granting reciprocity between cruise lines and make people earn levels one cruise at a time.

Do you really think the masses from Azamara and Celebrity are lowering themselves to sail Royal? :D

I think RCCL have to many D, D+ and P's, It time this should be revised maybe to the following

180 = D

360 = D+

999 = P

And I think should apply to all members (so if your D+ with 359 points you should be kicked back to D)

What??????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I think RCCL have to many D, D+ and P's, It time this should be revised maybe to the following

180 = D

360 = D+

999 = P

And I think should apply to all members (so if your D+ with 359 points you should be kicked back to D)

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!:eek:

Do you really think the masses from Azamara and Celebrity are lowering themselves to sail Royal? :D

Hey that is a low blow, I am Elite Plus on X and on my last RC cruise we turned Diamond for real!

I think we should be awarded "Double Diamond status" and should not have to mix with regular Diamond members who have only sailed on Royal.

They should also have originally recognized X Elites on Royal cruises by designating them as Elite Diamonds.

Then they could create Double Diamond plus for those that are Elite plus as well as real Diamond plus.

The following designations would achieve the OP's goal of reducing the number of Diamond and Diamond+ on a cruise but would give more status to Celebrity cruisers who cruise on Royal which I think is only fair.

X Elite = Elite Diamond

180 = Diamond

180+X Elite =Double Diamond

360 = Diamond Plus

360+X Elite Plus = Elite Diamond Plus

999 =p

Now back to my cheddar popcorn and the movie.

What??????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

7 cruises in 10 years for use We are Platinum's and after the May Cruise we will approach Emerald but diamond and Diamond Plus? Not going to happen for the great majority of people that cruise. Now if someone wants to adopt us and make it within reach for working people then we won't complain. Still it is nice to try and get to Emerald ;)

180 = D

360 = D+

999 = P

What a moron to start a post such as this! You must know exactly how many of each RCL has to make such a statement....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:....Popcorn will be flowing....

Not necessarily! We have cruised in suites where we can not get a seat in the lounge before.

Maybe you couldn't get a seat, but you are entitled to enter as a Suite passenger. We've only been to the CL on 1 cruise. We had just turned Diamond (Vision in think) and then they changed the requirements. We'll reach D+ on our Harmony sailing in Jan. We'll probably still visit the Diamond Lounge as I find it less "stuffy" So goes it...

Joe<----Loves those wings in the Diamond Lounge

Edited by MrCruzeaddict

Got me thinking.

How many other lines allow earning partner's loyalty status via marriage?

Most likely all of them.

Edit: as a newly married couple if your spouse was not rewarded the same benefits, why would you want to continue sailing with them? Loyalty should go both ways.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Hey that is a low blow, I am Elite Plus on X and on my last RC cruise we turned Diamond for real!

I think we should be awarded "Double Diamond status" and should not have to mix with regular Diamond members who have only sailed on Royal.

They should also have originally recognized X Elites on Royal cruises by designating them as Elite Diamonds.

Then they could create Double Diamond plus for those that are Elite plus as well as real Diamond plus.

The following designations would achieve the OP's goal of reducing the number of Diamond and Diamond+ on a cruise but would give more status to Celebrity cruisers who cruise on Royal which I think is only fair.

X Elite = Elite Diamond

180 = Diamond

360 = Diamond Plus

999 =p

I like the Double Diamond Plus status. I need to check my Celebrity points to see how long it will take me. :D

Since this thread is a waste of time, I will take it on a tangent rant, driven by the mention of ranch popcorn topping. Why would anyone in their right mind use ranch dipping sauce when eating Buffalo wings? There is only one accompanying sauce for wings...blue cheese! The real wings question is not blue cheese vs. ranch, but rather Duff's vs. Anchor bar.

Yes...I'm in my own little world here.

I'm sorry I can't condone the use of blue cheese on buffalo wings, it disturbs the natural flavour of the wings. Ranch is really the only choice or put more hot sauce on.

On the original topic, I will probably never be a D or D+ or Platinum and If I did somehow make it there I would probably have made lots more great friends and spend time with them in the double diamond but not yet pinnacle lounge OR we would go the Schooner Bar use our coupons and have a good laugh at threads like this 😉😉

X Elite = Elite Diamond

180 = Diamond

360 = Diamond Plus

999 =p

It is all starting to sound like the trail designations at a ski resort.

Most likely all of them.

Edit: as a newly married couple if your spouse was not rewarded the same benefits, why would you want to continue sailing with them? Loyalty should go both ways.

No problem w/ spouse getting same level. The problem arises after they divorce and the spouse (Diamond w/ 7 points) gets remarried and gives the new spouse Diamond also. IMO, both should be gold. One w/ 7 points the other via marriage w/ zero points.

I agree, it should apply only to those C&A members from Scotland. LOL

That's exactly what I was thinking. You know what those Scots are like, keep them out of the Diamond and Concierge Lounges, trouble making bunch that they are :p

No problem w/ spouse getting same level. The problem arises after they divorce and the spouse (Diamond w/ 7 points) gets remarried and gives the new spouse Diamond also. IMO, both should be gold. One w/ 7 points the other via marriage w/ zero points.

So maybe Royal needs to specify that cruise status is not shared at divorce and stays only with the points holder?

Would this stand up under California divorce law?

This may keep more marriages together as the none Diamond status spouse will think twice before undertaking a divorce and lose their balcony booking discount.

Could giving a new spouse Diamond status be an incentive to get married?

Would it be harsh on Royals part if upon death of the status holding spouse the surviving partner lost their status?

So much to ponder and my pop corn is calling.