Too Many D, D+ and P

I take it you are either no where near making one of those status's that some of us have worked hard to climb the ladder to.... or are high enough that it won't affect you. Either way seems like an ignorant post to most.

Worked hard? Please. We enjoyed every moment, except for a couple of bouts of Noro and a few rough seas.

I think that to address the overpopulation of top tier issue- when a person turns 21 they should revert to the level of their points based on their actual cruises sailed. Unless they have changed the policy, at the time a kid turns 18, they remain the same tiers as their parents regardless if they cruised one time or 50 times. Historically, as an example, if a child cruised one time, and his parents are D+ when he turns 18, the 18 year old is now D+ forever. Then when he/she gets married that spouse automatically is D+. So you can see how fast the numbers can grow.

I have 2 kids. When one turned 18 I was D. So he stayed at D. When my 2nd child was 18 I was already D+ so she's D+. My son has been on about 6-7 cruises? My daughter has been on maybe 10-12? They don't have the actual cruise points to reach those levels. That's where the system is flawed. I was told one time by RCCL rep that in order for my son to move up to D+ however, he needs 175 points so if he had 50 points for example on his own (and is a D), he needs 125 more points to reach D+.

I think RCCL have to many D, D+ and P's, It time this should be revised maybe to the following

180 = D

360 = D+

999 = P

And I think should apply to all members (so if your D+ with 359 points you should be kicked back to D)

What too many? Is 2 Diamonds out of 3,000 passengers in Voyager of the Seas sailing Asia too many?

This OP should be banned from this forum...bwahahaha :p

I think RCCL have to many D, D+ and P's, It time this should be revised maybe to the following

180 = D

360 = D+

999 = P

And I think should apply to all members (so if your D+ with 359 points you should be kicked back to D)

I agree, it should apply only to those C&A members from Scotland. LOL

Was going to make pancakes but am happy to scale up; endless pancakes for everyone. Goes better with coffee than popcorn. Would you like?

Oooh, now you have given me an idea for breakfast...

But on the subject of popcorn, I love movie popcorn. We actually don't eat dinner the night we go to the movies so we can eat lots of movie popcorn with extra "butter"

Was going to make pancakes but am happy to scale up; endless pancakes for everyone. Goes better with coffee than popcorn. Would you like?

There's probably not enough popcorn to go around anyway. :D

180 = D

360 = D+

999 = P

Fantastic idea! But it needs to be taken a step further: They need to cap the total number of members in each level from D on up. That way, when a person attains the requisite number of points, they would go onto a waiting list and wait for a spot to open up before officially achieving the level and therefore receiving the upgraded benefits. A vacancy would be created when another member bumps up a level or when somebody...uh..."departs" the program. ;)

Voila! No more crowded lounges! :D:rolleyes:

What too many? Is 2 Diamonds out of 3,000 passengers in Voyager of the Seas sailing Asia too many?

This OP should be banned from this forum...bwahahaha :p

I'm not sure if because of Easter week, but the Oasis D lounge was empty, at least from 5-6 pm. Maybe grandparents decided to stay with their children & grandkids.

Fantastic idea! But it needs to be taken a step further: They need to cap the total number of members in each level from D on up. That way, when a person attains the requisite number of points, they would go onto a waiting list and wait for a spot to open up before officially achieving the level and therefore receiving the upgraded benefits. A vacancy would be created when another member bumps up a level or when somebody...uh..."departs" the program. ;)

Voila! No more crowded lounges! :D:rolleyes:

The final disembarkation..... [emoji16]

Hmmm, I think I'll refrain from commenting but very, very tempting having just reached Diamond level! :) :D Oh, what the heck!

I had someone comment to me about my double credit because I sail solo, first, I didn't make the rules, 2nd what business is it of theirs, 3rd do they think I like paying double???

I tried to resist, but couldn't, sorry! :D

Since this thread is a waste of time, I will take it on a tangent rant, driven by the mention of ranch popcorn topping. Why would anyone in their right mind use ranch dipping sauce when eating Buffalo wings? There is only one accompanying sauce for wings...blue cheese! The real wings question is not blue cheese vs. ranch, but rather Duff's vs. Anchor bar.

Yes...I'm in my own little world here.

180 = D

360 = D+

999 = P

Let me guess. You have 361 points.