Too Many D, D+ and P

Many of the currently D+ and P members are aging and will disapear in the next years

:eek: :eek: Flawed statement regarding D+. There are quite a few D+ in their 40s and 50s - many cruising years ahead of us/them.

As for the OP, you know what they say about opinions.....Thanks for sharing yours. :rolleyes:

They should let everyone keep their status, as it has already been earned.

However, they could limit the number of each status holder per ship, via a quota system.

D = 50 pax

D+ = 25 pax

P = 5 pax

Once the itinerary reaches the above quota, no more of those members are allowed on that specific cruise. If a pax still wants to cruise on that itinerary, they will have to go without their status. However, to be fair, they will still accumulate points on that voyage.

Problem solved. :p

You are joking I would hope!!

It all depends on the cruise. We were on the Majest last week, which has space for about 2,700 passengers. Yet, according to the hotel director, there were less than 300 C&A members on the cruise. About 200 were Gold, and about 50 were Platinum. So, that meant there were about 50 between E, D, D+, and PC.

It all depends on the cruise. We were on the Majest last week, which has space for about 2,700 passengers. Yet, according to the hotel director, there were less than 300 C&A members on the cruise. About 200 were Gold, and about 50 were Platinum. So, that meant there were about 50 between E, D, D+, and PC.

The exact opposite on a Transatlantic.....lol

I'm just a GOLD, Just saying

But I'll tell you what if I had that many points and was kicked back from D+ to D, I would be completely p'eed off, what a dumb post

Probably almost all C&A members feel the same way. Still, airline elite frequent flyers get kicked back all the time if they stop flying for a while and there does not seem to be any outcry about it.

Since this thread is a waste of time, I will take it on a tangent rant, driven by the mention of ranch popcorn topping. Why would anyone in their right mind use ranch dipping sauce when eating Buffalo wings? There is only one accompanying sauce for wings...blue cheese! The real wings question is not blue cheese vs. ranch, but rather Duff's vs. Anchor bar.

Yes...I'm in my own little world here.

Not in your own world at all. Whenever I hear "ranch" I think the same thing. There should be a warning when places try to give you ranch or even worse...give you ranch and call it blue cheese :eek:

I'm right there with you in that world on this one. Marzetti's Ulitimate Blue Cheese is my preference. I figure restaurants that serve ranch do so because they save money over using blue cheese, but why anyone at home would choose to use ranch is a mystery to me.

We don't like blue cheese. Personally, I wouldn't use ranch either (I like my wings virgin), but my son loves the Buffalo Ranch wings from St. Louis Wings.

And on the topic of popcorn, is the dill seasoning good? It seems like it would be. I like dill pickle potato chips.

Signed,

Not Pinnacle, Barely Gold and probably won't make Platinum :D

Edited by KiwiGal117

I'm just a GOLD, Just saying

But I'll tell you what if I had that many points and was kicked back from D+ to D, I would be completely p'eed off, what a dumb post

I sure understand your sentiments but most D and D+ Crown and Anchor are expecting something unpleasant to happen. We just don't know what. Most likely it will effect lounge access.

I think RCCL have to many D, D+ and P's, It time this should be revised maybe to the following

180 = D

360 = D+

999 = P

And I think should apply to all members (so if your D+ with 359 points you should be kicked back to D)

OK, let's start by kicking you back to + since you don,t have 999:rolleyes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45941276#post45941276

OK, let's start by kicking you back to + since you don,t have 999:rolleyes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45941276#post45941276

Actually, that post was from over a year ago, so he is indeed already Pinnacle. Check the date of the post you cited - March 15, 2015. So no :rolleyes: unless you mean it, OK? :p

Actually, that post was from over a year ago, so he is indeed already Pinnacle. Check the date of the post you cited - March 15, 2015. So no :rolleyes: unless you mean it, OK? :p

I cited his status back in post #18.

While hardly impossible, if he turned Pinnacle in November 2015, and it is now April 2016, it is unlikely that he has accumulated 299 points since then.

I think RCCL have to many D, D+ and P's, It time this should be revised maybe to the following

180 = D

360 = D+

999 = P

And I think should apply to all members (so if your D+ with 359 points you should be kicked back to D)

I know right? Having so many returning guests is a HUGE problem in the hospitality industry.

Mic drop

I've got a couple of thoughts on the subject, presented in no particular order.

1. Don't feed the trolls. Wait. Let me say that again. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!

2. The only way any of us can be truly free is to wipe clean any status and eliminate the system entirely. Then everyone will be steerage, which is probably better than any of us deserve.

3. The status "perks", while nice, are not all that or a tub of buttered popcorn, blueberry-flavored or otherwise. Especially when you consider how many thousands of dollars in vacations it takes to earn them.

Can someone please pass the wings...

They should let everyone keep their status, as it has already been earned.

However, they could limit the number of each status holder per ship, via a quota system.

D = 50 pax

D+ = 25 pax

P = 5 pax

Once the itinerary reaches the above quota, no more of those members are allowed on that specific cruise. If a pax still wants to cruise on that itinerary, they will have to go without their status. However, to be fair, they will still accumulate points on that voyage.

Problem solved. :p

........unless your joking..... Edited by Thetrail
Didn't realize the poster was JOKING.