Weird occurrence with C&A

Ok, I have two cruises booked in the next couple of months. I noticed a few weeks ago that a message was popping up saying my name didn't match my C&A number and my number was no longer on my reservation. Called, and was told for some reason my first name and last name were reversed.. Weird because I've had the same number since 2005. They fixed it, message went away, numbers linked. Today I checked my cruise planner and there's that message again! I called and once again my name has been reversed. It's weird, and man I hope it doesn't mess up on our cruise because we are getting close to diamond and I want to earn those points. Anyone else ever had this happen and know how I can prevent it from happening again?

Thanks,

Julie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When stuff like this has happened to us before, it's because some of your personal data is wrong in some other database, and when there's a sync between the databases, the wrong data overwrote the correct data. One time for me, my birthdate was wrong on the Celebrity Captain's Club side, and somehow that kept getting sent to the Royal side.

Not saying this is specifically your issue, but you're going to have to find someone in C&A that understands the interactions between the different databases and can make appropriate changes. Explain to them that it keeps happening and maybe they can escalate you to someone who can fix it.

Thanks for the advice, because I do want it fixed for good

As Bob advised, there is some strange database syncing issue that may require you tackle this problem a few times. It seems to all depend on the expertise of the rep you get in touch with, and even when you think it is resolved, the same problem may come back and rear its ugly head yet again 😳

My husband somehow wound up with two C & A numbers, with two different birth dates. And a completely different sailing history. I thought it was fixed (by deleting the incorrect C & A number and record) but sure enough, when we boarded one of our recent cruises and got our cards, his had Platinum status, when mine was D+. We were able to get this squared away at guest services, so the appropriate coupons were applied, and somehow....finally, the mysterious second record was purged.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Rep advised it is a separate software program and takes approx. 24 hours to correct.

Sure was right, 24 hours later, problem solved. Have checked it every couple of days to re-confirm it was fixed. It is.

Thanks for the advice, because I do want it fixed for good

I sincerely wish you luck with the IT people. I have fought the name issue with Celebrity for about 5 years. They keep correcting my name and the system keeps changing it and sending me a message like you received. I actually had to change our account over to my DH's name in order to work on our cruises.

A real nightmare. When we cruised in Feb. on the Constellation I wondered why we only got 1 set of Elite+ perk coupons in our cabin. I later found out they blew away my Captain's Club number and I had a card as a first time cruiser. A trip to Captain Club desk got a new card with my CC number and my Elite+ perks. It also got us an invite to "DINE WITH AN OFFICER" in their WINE CELLAR in OCEAN LINERS. Believe it or not the same thing happened on the second cruise. Fortunately I always print any and all changes to my bookings so I had the paperwork with me to prove my CC level. We are Diamond with RCCL and sailing on the Oasis when she moves to Port Canaveral so I hope there is no mix up in names or numbers. ALWAYS PRINT ANY AND ALL RECORDS AND TAKE THEM WITH YOU. Happy Sailing

I had the same thing going on last week. Called C&A, and she said that it had reversed my first and last name. She went in and corrected it and when it didn't show that it was corrected immediately she told me to give it about 15 minutes. Well, I had to go get my class from music, so it was about an hour later when I was on lunch and it still showed that there was a problem. I went in to the "activate" link on the C&A page ("sign up or activate") and redid things with my number. That seemed to work, but gone were my upgrade preferences, etc. Decided to give it a day or so and call back if necessary, but it's since corrected the upgrade not showing thing and to this point haven't had any issues since. Fingers crossed it continues.

I don't know what ended up correcting it - what she did or what I did. But for now it works.

C&A messed up my account. My C&A number is correct, but I can't log onto the C&A site and look at my reservations. But using DW's account, I can view cruises and the like.

Not sure I want to establish a new account (as instructed by C&A representative) just for me being able to log on. Using DW's account working fine, for now.

When we first signed up for C&A we put down my wife's phone number. For the last 5 years I have tried to change it to my number. The reps always reply it's fixed....but Royal still calls my wife's number.

I've given up......

Edited by Beachammo

When we first signed up for C&A we put down my wife's phone number. For the last 5 years I have tried to change it to my number. The reps always reply it's fixed....but Royal still calls my wife's number.

I've given up......

We had a similar problem with an OLD home phone number that would not go away. After several calls, over 2 years, I finally got the right person and they fixed it.

One time for me, my birthdate was wrong on the Celebrity Captain's Club side, and somehow that kept getting sent to the Royal side.

I was wondering why my C&A address kept reverting my old one - I hadn't changed it over at Captain's Club. We'll see if stays now that I changed it in both places.

This has happened to me a couple of times. Message comes up saying birthdates don't match the C&A info. I called and they fixed it both times and there were no further problems.

Really shouldn't happen at all if I am inputting the same C&A numbers that I always use.

Ok, I have two cruises booked in the next couple of months. I noticed a few weeks ago that a message was popping up saying my name didn't match my C&A number and my number was no longer on my reservation. Called, and was told for some reason my first name and last name were reversed.. Weird because I've had the same number since 2005. They fixed it, message went away, numbers linked. Today I checked my cruise planner and there's that message again! I called and once again my name has been reversed. It's weird, and man I hope it doesn't mess up on our cruise because we are getting close to diamond and I want to earn those points. Anyone else ever had this happen and know how I can prevent it from happening again?

Thanks,

Julie

Just had the same thing happen with Celebrity. Would not show my Captains Club information. A quick call to the 888 number and the nice representative found First & Last names reversed in the Captains Club data base. An easy fix.

Dennis

Last year I noticed, when purchasing an excursion for an upcoming sailing, that my partner's DOB had changed. He was suddenly showing at 119 years old!! :eek:

Not sure how it happened, as we'd been sailing with them for years, without an issue. I simply had my TA take care of it - after a little ribbing, of course. :D

Mike

When stuff like this has happened to us before, it's because some of your personal data is wrong in some other database, and when there's a sync between the databases, the wrong data overwrote the correct data. One time for me, my birthdate was wrong on the Celebrity Captain's Club side, and somehow that kept getting sent to the Royal side.

Not saying this is specifically your issue, but you're going to have to find someone in C&A that understands the interactions between the different databases and can make appropriate changes. Explain to them that it keeps happening and maybe they can escalate you to someone who can fix it.

Well, even when Bob is guessing I suspect he is right. With my IT background its easy to believe. When I booked my next cruise onboard Freedom the lady transposed 2 digits in my contact phone number. I noticed it on my receipt. When I got home I checked my profile, and it was correct there, but just this past month I called C&A and they had the transposed version on her record for this cruise.

Thanks,

Julie

Amen happened to me I emailed them and it's sorted

My DH is another one who ended up with 2 C&A numbers. One of our upcoming cruises was on the correct number, the other on the incorrect one. I called and at least got both of our upcoming cruises on the correct number. The incorrect one was supposed to have been deleted. It did go away for a while, but the wrong number has recently reappeared. :confused: Fortunately, all of his cruises, past and upcoming, are still showing up on the correct C&A number. I keep checking and I think I'm going to leave it alone for now as long as everything we have booked continues to show the correct number.

I am glad his age isn't showing up as 119 even though sometimes he acts like he thinks he IS 119! :eek: :D

It is good to know we are not alone. :)

RCI is great with vacations..not so much with computer stuff...IT is NOT their bailiwick!

Yeah, booked my beverage package for my next cruise on line. They charged my card and, instead of a confirmation email, they sent a message that it was still in my cart.

Go back on line, cart is empty, packages are shown as paid, but I've got a print out of this now, just in case.

Well I just checked my account after waiting the appropriate time they asked. No fix on cruise planner and won't even let me log into my C&A account. Sigh. Guess I'll wait until 1000 and call them again