Platinum internet question

suzyed

Just a caution: If your cruise is also sold in segments of 7/14 days, if you expect to use both of your allotments, sign up during the first week, even though you don't expect to use the second person's time until later. We booked a 14 day cruise to Alaska which was also sold as two 7's. I signed up and used my minutes, and when I signed my sister up for hers in the second week, she only got the amount for one week, 150 instead of 250. Because the cruise was only 7 days then. EM

Just a caution: If your cruise is also sold in segments of 7/14 days, if you expect to use both of your allotments, sign up during the first week, even though you don't expect to use the second person's time until later. We booked a 14 day cruise to Alaska which was also sold as two 7's. I signed up and used my minutes, and when I signed my sister up for hers in the second week, she only got the amount for one week, 150 instead of 250. Because the cruise was only 7 days then. EM

Thanks for the answers!

We'll be good...we are doing a 21 day cruise! I'm excited! 1000 internet minutes! Whoo hoo!

If your cruise is a B2B (15 day & 4 day) and you booked as a nineteen day, do you receive 250 minutes for the first leg and 150 minutes for the second leg OR 250 minutes for the 19 day booking?

Under this scenario, we have gotten 400 minutes each. 250 for the first leg and 150 for the second. Unused minutes at the end for the first leg carried over. Others have reported just getting 250.

If your cruise is a B2B (15 day & 4 day) and you booked as a nineteen day, do you receive 250 minutes for the first leg and 150 minutes for the second leg OR 250 minutes for the 19 day booking?

You will receive 250mins for the first 15 days and 150mins for the second 4 days. I have been on some b2b voyages where unused mins carry over and other b2b's where the unused mins have been deleted and you start new on the 2nd voyage.

We are also Platinum although we'll be on a shorter cruise. How does this work? Does Princess recognize that you are Platinum and automatically credit your account?

When you log on to sign up, the first offer is for the amount of minutes that are on offer for the length of your cruise. The amount of $$ is ZERO.

The second offer is to purchase more minutes, if you want them.

Just click on the offer for free minutes and finish signing up.

If your cruise is also sold in segments and you booked as a 21 day cruise, make sure you get the minutes for the 21 days you booked. You should not have an allotment for each segment if you didn't book in segments. If you follow the logic in the above post you will be short 100 minutes as the minutes for a 7 day added to the minutes for a 14 day add up to 400, not 500 which you get for a 21 day cruise.

I recommend going to the Internet cafe if this is your first cruise or you haven't cruised for awhile. The kind folks there on my cruise two years ago, first with my iPad, set up icons and easy steps for logging on to the Internet and for the online patter. It didn't quicken the Internet but did make life easier. :rolleyes:

When you log on to sign up, the first offer is for the amount of minutes that are on offer for the length of your cruise. The amount of $$ is ZERO.

The second offer is to purchase more minutes, if you want them.

Just click on the offer for free minutes and finish signing up.

Thanks for the reply, it does sound simple!