New 123Go promotion??

neilrod

Does anyone know if and when Celebrity are likely to reintroduce the 123go promo? I have a cruise booked with all the benefits and need to change the date. It seems that I can't transfer the benefits as there is no current promotion. I therefore have to re-book, but don't really want to lose out.

Thanks in anticipation of a bit of help!

Does anyone know if and when Celebrity are likely to reintroduce the 123go promo? I have a cruise booked with all the benefits and need to change the date. It seems that I can't transfer the benefits as there is no current promotion. I therefore have to re-book, but don't really want to lose out.

Thanks in anticipation of a bit of help!

I think that ship has sailed. Celebrity likes the go big, better, best promo because they only have to throw in the better as an added promotion without more perks.

Yes we liked that promo, especially when they had all 3 perks (at the time) included with concierge class bookings! But the new Go Big/Bigger/Best is their new pricing model. Best you will get is to choose 2 perks for price of 1 on a 'promo' or all 4 perks included if you book suite class (this may have finished already).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes we liked that promo, especially when they had all 3 perks (at the time) included with concierge class bookings! But the new Go Big/Bigger/Best is their new pricing model. Best you will get is to choose 2 perks for price of 1 on a 'promo' or all 4 perks included if you book suite class (this may have finished already).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP, you should be able to get 2 perks if the new cruise is to sail by the end of April 2017. You can also book it with an online TA, this week, and get all 3 perks.

I suspect that you plan to move your cruise further out than the April 2017 date and why there are no perks offered??? If I am not correct, look into this further. Unless you have final payment coming up soon, no need to change anything yet. Wait and see what happens. ;)

I am reading rumor elsewhere about Go BBB going away as of May 1st..? Does anyone know anything about this?

No, you were reading it wrong. The BBB is not going away, at least I don't think so, but who really knows until something comes out from Celebrity.

What they are eliminating on May 1st, is the "get two perks" instead of just the one to be included with your booking. Currently (and ending this week) they have a special going on where you get two perks on some cruises. After May 1st, there will be only one perk offered per booking.

Edited by Iamthesea

OP, you should be able to get 2 perks if the new cruise is to sail by the end of April 2017. You can also book it with an online TA, this week, and get all 3 perks.

I suspect that you plan to move your cruise further out than the April 2017 date and why there are no perks offered??? If I am not correct, look into this further. Unless you have final payment coming up soon, no need to change anything yet. Wait and see what happens. ;)

No, you were reading it wrong. The BBB is not going away, at least I don't think so, but who really knows until something comes out from Celebrity.

What they are eliminating on May 1st, is the "get two perks" instead of just the one to be included with your booking. Currently (and ending this week) they have a special going on where you get two perks on some cruises. After May 1st, there will be only one perk offered per booking.

But I think if you want the second perk you have to upgrade to the GoBetter for 105/person. Now if you choose the 150 onboard credit per person you make out OK by paying this upgrade.

But I think if you want the second perk you have to upgrade to the GoBetter for 105/person. Now if you choose the 150 onboard credit per person you make out OK by paying this upgrade.

The $150 perk pp is a benefit on 7-9 day, break even on 10 day and a loser on 11+ days.

THE BBB promo is not running in the UK at the moment - I don't think it has been run here since it was launched. We can access it by booking on board but not by booking in the UK.

Didn't realize that OP was from the UK. ;)

No, currently it is 2 perks for most sailings. No upgrade fee.

I just did a faux booking for a cruise leaving in October. Did not upgrade anything. This is what is on the reservation.

The two perks you chose are:

Classic Beverage Packages for two and $150 per person to spend onboard

Edited by Iamthesea

Thanks! Well, it wasn't as much as I was reading 'it' wrong, as the poster was just actually sharing info that they received from their online booking place. I got it now, April 30th is just the end of that added "gobetter' as part of the pricing. Thanks for your reply and details!! :)

Didn't realize that OP was from the UK. ;)

No, currently it is 2 perks for most sailings. No upgrade fee.

I just did a faux booking for a cruise leaving in October. Did not upgrade anything. This is what is on the reservation.

I am quoting a cruise for June 2017 to Alaska on the Infinity. It costs 105 per person extra to get the second perk.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Zoedokey

That's because the promo ends April 2017. ;)

I was elite on Celebrity in 1 and 1/2 years. But lately they might as well be Supply-and Demand-Cruiseline. Their marketing is so outrageous that I haven't booked a cruise on Celebrity in two years. It's so frustrating! They are incredibly overpriced. They do have a good product but really

You can tell that I am tired. :o I quoted the wrong sentence.

You are absolutely correct! You have to book by May 1st, 2016, but sail by April 2017.

Edited by Iamthesea

I was told on the phone that we could only receive one perk for our September 2017 cruise but when I did a faux booking online, I had the same results as you. It gave me two perks. What's up with that? :confused:

THE BBB promo is not running in the UK at the moment - I don't think it has been run here since it was launched. We can access it by booking on board but not by booking in the UK.

That's interesting, as when released it was to be their new global pricing model. So is UK market still on 'base' pricing combined with any current promo offer when offered?

That's interesting, as when released it was to be their new global pricing model. So is UK market still on 'base' pricing combined with any current promo offer when offered?

I have put off booking my next Celebrity cruise as the Offers do not seem very favourable at all. I have not seen a 123 or BBB for many months. I am not even sure if the BBB was ever an offer in the UK except for a short time when it was first introduced. Currently the offer is a beverage package and "savings of up to £500" but as the "savings" are already included in the price shown which does not seem any lower than previously, it does not excite. The savings of £500 are supposedly for a suite, a balcony has savings of £200, but as I said there is nowhere that a price is shown and then a reduction made for the offer. Without actually seeing the price drop I do not see it as savings.

To the OP, the current offer has only a short time to run so if you do not need to make changes immediately, if it was me, I would wait to see what comes up next. Hopefully it cannot be any worst than the current offer.

In the UK we dont have the same promos as in the US. The current promo is the free Classic Drinks Package and "up to £500" savings but no option of any other perks. The last promo (when I cancelled and rebooked) was the drinks package plus 2nd passenger at half price. That offer was cheaper for me than the current one. The original offer I booked with last year was the drinks package plus $150 OBC. I lost the OBC when I cancelled and rebooked.

I was told on the phone that we could only receive one perk for our September 2017 cruise but when I did a faux booking online, I had the same results as you. It gave me two perks. What's up with that? :confused:

Well it's definitely only offering the 1 perk for July/August 2017 sailings I've been checking on the US site (which is where I book), and for December 2017. Same with the suites, only 1 perk unless you pay to upgrade to the BBB promo. Are you sure you were looking at 2017 sailings and not 2016?

I don't trust the web site. As I mentioned, I was never given an option of picking any perk. The reservation automatically assigned the two perks.

I also don't trust the Celebrity reps. I would call the Captains Club and get an answer from them. Tell them what you see online. ;)

I am currently in the process of checking it all out with a big box TA for a cruise I am interested in for next March/April. It's the Caribbean.

I have put off booking my next Celebrity cruise as the Offers do not seem very favourable at all. I have not seen a 123 or BBB for many months. I am not even sure if the BBB was ever an offer in the UK except for a short time when it was first introduced. Currently the offer is a beverage package and "savings of up to £500" but as the "savings" are already included in the price shown which does not seem any lower than previously, it does not excite. The savings of £500 are supposedly for a suite, a balcony has savings of £200, but as I said there is nowhere that a price is shown and then a reduction made for the offer. Without actually seeing the price drop I do not see it as savings.

To the OP, the current offer has only a short time to run so if you do not need to make changes immediately, if it was me, I would wait to see what comes up next. Hopefully it cannot be any worst than the current offer.

In the UK we dont have the same promos as in the US. The current promo is the free Classic Drinks Package and "up to £500" savings but no option of any other perks. The last promo (when I cancelled and rebooked) was the drinks package plus 2nd passenger at half price. That offer was cheaper for me than the current one. The original offer I booked with last year was the drinks package plus $150 OBC. I lost the OBC when I cancelled and rebooked.

You are not missing anything. The BBB is just a pricing model that bundles add ons for an extra charge. I am not able to even find out the base price without the at least the Big price.

I wonder what the price difference is between your base with the included Classic Drink package and our Big price.

I believe, if you want the base price, you add your info, like Age, State, and Captain's Club number. Then once you click on that, you will be given an option on which rate you want. Don't hold me to that! :D

Edited by Iamthesea