In Cabin Mini Bar

my3sonsnj

I just read that Carnival is eliminating mini bars. The stated reasons were to free up room stewards from having to empty them on embarkation day and to free up the space for passengers to store what they want in the refrigerator.

I think this is a great idea!

So should Norwegian do the same?

I just read that Carnival is eliminating mini bars. The stated reasons were to free up room stewards from having to empty them on embarkation day and to free up the space for passengers to store what they want in the refrigerator.

I think this is a great idea!

So should Norwegian do the same?

I think it's a great idea, too! The first thing I do on embarkation day is ask my cabin steward to empty that fridge...:):) No way, on earth am I paying those extortionate prices for the items in that refrigerator!

And, I would welcome the additional storage space. :p

I don't purchase anything from the mini-bar, but I do like to get it emptied, so that I can keep my pitchers of iced tea and water. Wouldn't be keen on them removing it, but if they did, I'd just make sure there was ice in the cabin all the time.

Not sure if I buy the reasons Carnival is saying. To me it would be to dissuade folks from bringing soda and water onboard and emptying the mini-bar to store and keep them cold.

Edited by NLH Arizona

I don't purchase anything from the mini-bar, but I do like to get it emptied, so that I can keep my pitchers of iced tea and water. Wouldn't be keen on them removing it, but if they did, I'd just make sure there was ice in the cabin all the time.

It sounds like they will be leaving the refrigerators and just talking out the contents. I am all for that. I ask for it to be emptied first thing too.

I travel with a diabetic who must store her insulin in the refrigerator. Really a chore the first day to have the items removed and have the cabin steward bring in a sharps disposal container for used needles. Sometimes she puts her insulin bottles (tiny) on the door shelf to avoid them getting lost among all the other stuff.

The refrigerators aren't that big to begin with and having all the bar items that you are even afraid to move out of the way, less you be mistakenly charged for using them, is a pain.

On some of the older Carnival ships, not every cabin has a refrigerator. You have to request it at the time of your booking and hope to find it when you first board. Otherwise, they will ask some of the other passengers if they are willing to give up their refrigerator and then it will be moved into your cabin.

Definitely, keep the refrigerators, but please let them be empty!!!!:)

MARAPRINCE

It sounds like they will be leaving the refrigerators and just talking out the contents. I am all for that. I ask for it to be emptied first thing too.

I believe that is what they are doing as well. Cabins will have an empty refrigerator instead of a stocked one.

I'd never pay for what is in there, especially with the UBP ;) And another good point was made about the hassle the stocked fridge creates, especially for those that need to refrigerate medication.

I travel with a diabetic who must store her insulin in the refrigerator. Really a chore the first day to have the items removed and have the cabin steward bring in a sharps disposal container for used needles. Sometimes she puts her insulin bottles (tiny) on the door shelf to avoid them getting lost among all the other stuff.

The refrigerators aren't that big to begin with and having all the bar items that you are even afraid to move out of the way, less you be mistakenly charged for using them, is a pain.

On some of the older Carnival ships, not every cabin has a refrigerator. You have to request it at the time of your booking and hope to find it when you first board. Otherwise, they will ask some of the other passengers if they are willing to give up their refrigerator and then it will be moved into your cabin.

Definitely, keep the refrigerators, but please let them be empty!!!!:)

MARAPRINCE

Your friend needs to contact the special needs department to ask for a real mini fridge. The ones in every room are just coolers and do not stay cold enough to be safe for medications that are temperature sensitive.