Upsell city!

bobg529

I'm 31 days out so I called the upsell department to see if ther was anything available seeing as how I was booked in a studio. I'm sailing on my birthday so I decided it was a good time to try the Haven for the first time. They offered me a Haven Spa Suite and I took it! I might have done better price wise if I waited, but then again they may have sold them too. You only live once!:)

How much was your upsell

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

$1200 per person, based on double occupancy (I'm sailing solo). I know, not cheap, but not bad either, and I'm super excited too! :D

$1200 per person, based on double occupancy (I'm sailing solo). I know, not cheap, but not bad either, and I'm super excited too! :D

A lot cheaper than full retail :-) Why anyone pays retail when they have the Upsell line available is beyond me.....can't imagine this will last forever, but take advantage while it lasts!

A lot cheaper than full retail :-) Why anyone pays retail when they have the Upsell line available is beyond me.....can't imagine this will last forever, but take advantage while it lasts!

Based on what we have seen over the last few weeks, the number of upsells is increasing and I think that it is going to continue to increase unless NCL finds a way to fill the Haven suites.

The prices of Haven suites has significantly increased over the last few months and since NCL does not give perks to those who book less than 30 days prior to sailing, I don't anticipate that people are willing to pay full or a reduced price for the Haven suite.s

NCL will either need to significantly reduce the cost of the Haven suites, or give the perks to those booking less than 30 days prior to sailing.

It has always been my understanding that the haven cruisers received all the perks offered from the free at sea promotions....Even if you book 30 days out or less on the larger ships they will allow you to have your choice of perks ...it is on the smaller ships they restrict it for some reason..I have noticed that cabin prices have not dropped significantly as the cruise date gets closer...I am only 24 days out till my cruise on the getaway and the haven price has gone up...not down....I was waiting for the price to drop when I was waiting to book and I am lad I booked when I did...prices rose after the 90 and 60 day marks which is the opposite of how pricing worked in the past....

We've been getting emails from NCL for a couple weeks now trying to upsell us from our standard balcony cabin to a Haven suite for our cruise next month. The price in the email today was $700/pp, (we are a party of 3). We figure we might do it if they drop it to about $100/pp. We have no interest in Haven amenities, and we really like the location of the balcony cabin we picked.

Interestingly for our May 15th Breakaway Cruise, they decided to drop fares significantly for new entrant customers and filled upper end rooms this way, and upsells for us who booked for 2x as much last year are nonexistent. We're pretty bummed. Was hoping this was the trip to try Haven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interestingly for our May 15th Breakaway Cruise, they decided to drop fares significantly for new entrant customers and filled upper end rooms this way, and upsells for us who booked for 2x as much last year are nonexistent. We're pretty bummed. Was hoping this was the trip to try Haven.

Up until sailing, you can usually upgrade your cabin if you're willing to pay the going price.

Up until sailing, you can usually upgrade your cabin if you're willing to pay the going price.

Most are sold out and they told us because the sale prices are a "different promotion" even if the rooms were available we couldn't pay the difference. It is what it is. Just frustrating. Perhaps sharing it here is just a way to vent rather than look for an answer. I am still going to call though and keep checking, probably futile but I'll feel better I did everything I could to try. We have a great room booked in any case.

We've been getting emails from NCL for a couple weeks now trying to upsell us from our standard balcony cabin to a Haven suite for our cruise next month. The price in the email today was $700/pp, (we are a party of 3). We figure we might do it if they drop it to about $100/pp. We have no interest in Haven amenities, and we really like the location of the balcony cabin we picked.

For $1400 I would want Spa passes and it would need to be a celebration cruise for me to consider another $1000 for the suite. The way we travel $1400 could be enough for another cruise.

Happy birthday to the OP! I'm a big believer in cerebrating those and treating yourself.

Most are sold out and they told us because the sale prices are a "different promotion" even if the rooms were available we couldn't pay the difference. It is what it is. Just frustrating. Perhaps sharing it here is just a way to vent rather than look for an answer. I am still going to call though and keep checking, probably futile but I'll feel better I did everything I could to try. We have a great room booked in any case.

Now that's just ridiculous. If you booked through an agency, have them go to bat for you. They can sometimes contact their sales rep. Make it known that you're not happy- the agency will actually increase their commission if they're successful.

If you booked through NCL, call again and speak to someone else. Absolutely one of my pet peeves...it's not as if you want a freebie, you just want to upgrade and pay the difference.

Venting is good!

For $1400 I would want Spa passes and it would need to be a celebration cruise for me to consider another $1000 for the suite. The way we travel $1400 could be enough for another cruise.

Happy birthday to the OP! I'm a big believer in cerebrating those and treating yourself.

It would be $2100, since we are a party of 3. We'd do it if it was $300 total for 3, because that's where we value the amenities.

On our spa tour on the Escape, the guide said, "These loungers are heated!" and I said, "The ones outside on the deck are also heated - naturally by the sun! They are also outside, which is a big bonus!" Even if the spa was free, I wouldn't spend 5 minutes in there. It's just not my style. (Maybe if I was sailing on a cold weather cruise where I needed to be inside.) If I want to lie around indoors all day, I'd stay home on my couch.

Upgraded yesterday from Mini Suite Guarantee to Haven Courtyard Suite on 05/15 Breakaway Sailing for $750 PP ( $1,500 total for my wife and I. They didn't charge anything for my 1 year old son)

If I would have waited until next week it might have dropped to $500 per person but I didn't want to chance it with only 3 H5's left.

At the end of the day I only ended up paying a little more than half of what I would have paid had I booked cabin directly online ( Saving almost $3,500)

Edited by Kew Gardens Cruiser

It would be $2100, since we are a party of 3. We'd do it if it was $300 total for 3, because that's where we value the amenities.

On our spa tour on the Escape, the guide said, "These loungers are heated!" and I said, "The ones outside on the deck are also heated - naturally by the sun! They are also outside, which is a big bonus!" Even if the spa was free, I wouldn't spend 5 minutes in there. It's just not my style. (Maybe if I was sailing on a cold weather cruise where I needed to be inside.) If I want to lie around indoors all day, I'd stay home on my couch.

The quoted price is for the first two passengers only, so (not that it matters given what you value The Haven perks at) its only $1,400. About the cheapest I've heard folks being able to upgrade on the -aways and Escape is $500 pp. I agree - if you're happy with your cabin and won't really use the suite amenities, then no need to pay additional. We did the upgrade to get a separate sleeping area for our 2 kids and the large aft balcony - with the upsell pricing it ended up being almost $1,000 cheaper than buying two connecting balcony staterooms (and almost $3,500 cheaper than paying retail for the aft suite). The Haven is just a bonus :-)

No upsells are currently being offered on our Spirit cruise on May 19th either. The suites are currently priced in the 9k range so they have dropped by about $1500 since final payment. There are 8 suites still available on our sailing so I would think upsells would start soon.

The quoted price is for the first two passengers only, so (not that it matters given what you value The Haven perks at) its only $1,400. About the cheapest I've heard folks being able to upgrade on the -aways and Escape is $500 pp. I agree - if you're happy with your cabin and won't really use the suite amenities, then no need to pay additional. We did the upgrade to get a separate sleeping area for our 2 kids and the large aft balcony - with the upsell pricing it ended up being almost $1,000 cheaper than buying two connecting balcony staterooms (and almost $3,500 cheaper than paying retail for the aft suite). The Haven is just a bonus :-)

So we'd only pay to upgrade 2 people even though we have 3? That seems weird, but whatever. It seems like it would be a good deal for a family of 4 who are interested in the Haven.

I am on the same cruise as you. I called upsell today. I am in a balcony room. For me to move to a 2 bedroom haven suite...they quoted me 4000.00 total!! I almost fell over. That's ridiculous. I want a haven room so bad but not at that price.

I am on the same cruise as you. I called upsell today. I am in a balcony room. For me to move to a 2 bedroom haven suite...they quoted me 4000.00 total!! I almost fell over. That's ridiculous. I want a haven room so bad but not at that price.

That is what you get for booking a popular cruise date. :)

That is what you get for booking a popular cruise date. :)

I guess it's my ignorance.....didn't realize it was a popular cruise date. The OP received a better deal then I did and he went from a studio to haven. It makes no sense how they go about offering up sells.