How Many Cruises does it take to get to the next level?

Alaskan Joe

I know the more cruises you take with the same cruise line the better your status becomes. Can anyone tell me what the levels are and how many cruises it take to get to that level on the Princess cruise line. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Alaskan Joe

I know the more cruises you take with the same cruise line the better your status becomes. Can anyone tell me what the levels are and how many cruises it take to get to that level on the Princess cruise line. Thanks in advance.

All passengers receive one credit for each cruise taken, and receive extra credits for each cruise booked in a suite or as a solo traveler occupying a cabin alone.

Gold – After first cruise completed

Ruby – After fourth cruise, or 31 to 50 days

Platinum – After sixth cruise, or 51 to 150 days

Elite – After 16th cruise, or 151-plus days

All passengers receive one credit for each cruise taken, and receive extra credits for each cruise booked in a suite or as a solo traveler occupying a cabin alone.

Gold – After first cruise completed

Ruby – After fourth cruise, or 31 to 50 days

Platinum – After sixth cruise, or 51 to 150 days. It's actually after the fifth cruise. You'll start using your new perks, such as free internet, on your sixth cruise.

Elite – After 16th cruise, or 151-plus days

See comments in bold.

Try typing "Princess Cruise Loyalty Levels" into Google. Really easy.

DON

We just took our 3rd cruise on Princess (all 10 days) -- and we now show as Ruby woo hoo!

We haven't cruised our 31st day yet. Does Princess level changes occur like Carnival? If you hit the next level anytime on a cruise, you are the higher status for that entire cruise.

Celebrity and I think RCI start the higher level on the cruise after you reached the number.

I didn't bother to Google it -- :rolleyes:

We just took our 3rd cruise on Princess (all 10 days) -- and we now show as Ruby woo hoo!

We haven't cruised our 31st day yet. Does Princess level changes occur like Carnival? If you hit the next level anytime on a cruise, you are the higher status for that entire cruise.

Celebrity and I think RCI start the higher level on the cruise after you reached the number. :

Princess loyalty levels are based on completed cruises. You must complete the cruise to receive either the cruise credit or completed days towards Captain's Circle levels. It doesn't matter if you reach 51 days the second day of your cruise. You must complete the cruise to receive the credit.

Thanks for the correction Nina. Sorry for the oversight.

You are also incorrect with elite. You become elite after your 15th cruise, thus receiving your benefits on cruise #16. Yea for free laundry next month.

You are also incorrect with elite. You become elite after your 15th cruise, thus receiving your benefits on cruise #16. Yea for free laundry next month.

Thank you too wheezedr.

I actually got the exact information from this Cruise Critic article:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=73

Without recalling my own experience, I trusted the article's accuracy having being issued by Cruise Critic.

Thanks again.