Received a check today with my FCC's

I got a letter in the mail today and when I opened it, it was a check for my unused FCC's. I knew that they had a expiration date on them, but I was under the impression that Princess would call me to ask if I wanted to keep them on my account before refunding. I guess not.

So do I miss anything if I book my next cruise without an FCC other than the OBC that comes with it? I wonder if I could call Princess and get my FCC's restored?

Thanks!

I got a letter in the mail today and when I opened it, it was a check for my unused FCC's. I knew that they had a expiration date on them, but I was under the impression that Princess would call me to ask if I wanted to keep them on my account before refunding. I guess not.

So do I miss anything if I book my next cruise without an FCC other than the OBC that comes with it? I wonder if I could call Princess and get my FCC's restored?

Thanks!

FCC Deposits used to last a lot longer before. I think it's 2 years now, and for some reason I've been hearing stories lately that people are finding the FCC Deposit checks in the mail.

We've never gotten a call about it using ours. The main thing you will miss out on will On Board Credit if you book a cruise. We always book a future cruise when we cruise.

You can always call and see what Princess says about it, but I suspect since you've gotten the deposit back there isn't much you can do.

Good luck!

I don't know if they call you, but I just received a reminder e-mail from Princess a couple of days ago about a deposit.

Subject: Your credit is about to expire

CREDIT MEMO Important Notice

Dear [redacted],

Our records indicate that your account under member number [redacted] currently holds an onboard credit, which you received when you made a Future Cruise Deposit**. If you don’t apply that deposit to a voyage by 8/5/2016, you’ll lose up to $150* in onboard credit. Perhaps you’ll find your next cruise in our latest deals online.

If you have any questions, would like balance information or are ready to book a cruise, please contact your travel consultant, call Princess at 800.774.6237, or log in to princess.com.

As always, we thank you for your business and look forward to welcoming you aboard soon.

I called Princess a few weeks ago and asked about extending the validity, and the agent told me they don't do that anymore. I didn't insist; we hope to book something this summer.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

• 10 months later...

In addition to missing out on the OBC (not an insignificant issue in my opinion) you also lose out on using the FCD for your full deposit. Normal cruise deposits are quite hefty (20% of the cruise fare???) and the $100 deposit is much nicer and far less to risk. This is especially true as the FCD is normally returned to your account if the cruise is cancelled whereas the regular deposit may well be lost.

EDIT: Just checked and my wife and I only have one unused FCD each so if they won't extend them anymore we will need to book by mid September of this year. We have two cruises booked at the moment so I guess we will need to wait a while and see what opens up for fall or winter of next year. We will definitely purchase more on our cruise coming up in October.

Edited by Thrak

We have them extended when applied to a new booking but thy will not extend them as open bookings.

In January I was able to extend 3 of mine that were expiring soon. One in Feb 17 and 2 in July 17.

I had no bookings.

I called and asked nicely. :)

No reduction of anything. Just extended the date. I was pleasantly surprised.

In January I was able to extend 3 of mine that were expiring soon. One in Feb 17 and 2 in July 17.

I had no bookings.

I called and asked nicely. :)

No reduction of anything. Just extended the date. I was pleasantly surprised.

Many thanks. I'll make a calendar entry to pop up and remind me to call when it's closer to the expiration date. I was going to make one anyway to remind me that I needed to book but having the option to extend is welcome. We once ran out (new cruisers) and actually booked a BVE in San Francisco for the sole purpose of purchasing more. Since then we have never been without. I can't see any reason at all not to have FCD.

Hello, My FCC expired in January, but I didn't receive any check or refund. I cannot find any email address for the FCC Office, is there one? If possible, I would avoid an international phone call for this.

The check comes from a really weird source.

I think it was Bottomline Technologies.

If I wasn't the kind of person who opens ALL mail I probably would have thrown it out.

You can call Princess and explain the problem - they should be able to track your refund.

Thanks!

You have to get a new one.

You purchase future cruise deposits for $100 per each while on a cruise. When you book a cruise, your travel agent applies the FCC as the deposit. You receive onboard credit depending on the length of cruise and type of cabin booked.

We received a refund for an unused one in December. But we knew it we were going to purchase additional ones on our Caribbean Princess cruise that month and did not try to extend it.

You purchase future cruise deposits for $100 per each while on a cruise. When you book a cruise, your travel agent applies the FCC as the deposit. You receive onboard credit depending on the length of cruise and type of cabin booked.

We received a refund for an unused one in December. But we knew it we were going to purchase additional ones on our Caribbean Princess cruise that month and did not try to extend it.

Thanks! It seems like there's no downside to buying them so I think I'll probably be doing that on our next cruise. :p

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but can you buy FCC with onboard credit that I have purchased?

No, it will be charged directly to your credit card on file (or another card, if you wish).

In addition to missing out on the OBC (not an insignificant issue in my opinion) you also lose out on using the FCD for your full deposit. Normal cruise deposits are quite hefty (20% of the cruise fare???) and the $100 deposit is much nicer and far less to risk. This is especially true as the FCD is normally returned to your account if the cruise is cancelled whereas the regular deposit may well be lost.

EDIT: Just checked and my wife and I only have one unused FCD each so if they won't extend them anymore we will need to book by mid September of this year. We have two cruises booked at the moment so I guess we will need to wait a while and see what opens up for fall or winter of next year. We will definitely purchase more on our cruise coming up in October.

THANK YOU for that reminder that if I book a cruise for 2019 BEFORE I sail in 2018-hanging out to find out the itineraries available to me so I can book a 3-night Melbourne-Sydney, based on research on the Sydney and Melbourne Port Schedules. Bursting to know if my research is accurate as I still have the Future Cruise Deposit that I placed on board Golden Princess last November to sail in November this year. Due to unexpected household expenses, new washing machine and linen replacement, I believe I can't do it safely financially so cancelled the cruise. And yes I've howled in disappointment but am feeling a LOT calmer and my asthma is back under control, so I was obviously over-extending myself. Already found some new souvenirs-thanks Princess for solving Christmas and Birthday present selections for several years-to purchase, and am squirrelling money aside towards On Board Credit so as much as possible is pre-paid. Even started costing flights and accommodation and I'm at least 6 or 7 months out from being able to book the flights and accommodation! Even managed to get a price on a 7-night round-trip cruise to Tasmania from Sydney on the Golden Princess, so I could look at the All-Inclusive-Beverage-Package for my big Birthday Cruise!