Aqua vs Concierge

cookiersmom

Just heard from my TA that X "upgraded us" to Aqua from CC, but in reading some posts here, I am not sure that is truly an upgrade. We like dining at a large table in the MDR, and though we might try Blu, I don't anticipate eating there a lot. Our cruise is on the refurbished Millie (just getting out of drydock), and 4 ports on a 7 day cruise.

Does anyone know the +'s each of CC vs Aqua?

I have read that there are some CC benefits that you don't get w/ Aqua.

Any info greatly appreciated.

thanks

Are you traveling with other friends or family? If they're not in AQ, you won't be able to eat with them in Blu. Just something to think about.

Here's your perks for AQ: http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-aqua-class-stateroom

And for CC:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-concierge-class-stateroom

We've done both and I think it's a real toss up. Blue is the real highlight of Aqua. The cabins and amenities are not much different other than the great shower in Aqua. We connected with some great people at dinner in Blu on our last cruise. And what made it so exceptional were the fantastic waiters and wine stewards. And breakfasts there were wonderful. Next cruise we'll be back in Concierge and I look forward to a large table in the MDR and I expect that that the staff will be just as good as in Blu. Another plus: Aqua and Concierge both get 5 points per night towards Captain's Club levels. Whichever you do I don't think you'll be disappointed. Decide for yourselves and have a wonderful cruise [emoji3]

If you are in Aqua can you also choose the DNR

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

meant MDR

You can ask the Matre D in Blu to arrange for you to dine in the MDR. It would be in Select Dining. I would suggest you try Blu, it is the reason many of us book Aqua ( although the shower & mirror that doesn't fog are nice😊). Also be sure to try Blu for breakfast.

DNR?....Do Not Resuscitate?......LOL am sure a few on the ship have chosen this option:)

If you are in Aqua can you also choose the DNR

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

meant MDR

The big plus for Aqua is Blue, plus you get Persian Garden. Concierge though may have some cabin locations that Aqua doesn't.

We recently had the choice of Aqua or CC for roughly the same amount and choice CC, because we LOVE the aft cabins. If it weren't for the cabin location, we'd go for Aqua and Blu in a heartbeat.

Personally I wish Celebrity could make Aqua class available for any cabin if people were willing to pay. I'd love to have my aft cabin, plus Blu. (All sky suites were sold out for the cruise already...for January 2018!)

Aqua can be a fun to try, but we prefer the MDR over Blu. Especially if you like larger tables, more space and higher ceilings. Blu is a bit too tight for our liking.

Edited by ShakeDaddy

Two years ago, before we took our first cruise in Aqua class, there was confusion about whether Aqua did indeed get all of the perks of Concierge. (Not all of them were listed on the website.) It turned out that it was just another case of Celebrity paying little attention to their website and neglecting to list them all. I may have missed a posting about this now but, until I see a report to the contrary from somebody who has very recently sailed in Aqua, I would bet that all of the Concierge perks still hold for Aqua today.

Regardless, for us the attraction of Aqua is still Blu. Obviously, this is strictly a matter of personal taste, but we much prefer the "cleaner" manner of cooking there to the heavy (and more intensely-flavored) sauces usually found in the MDR. With the exception of Blu, we have generally not been happy with the food on Celebrity, and we prefer to sail with Princess or NCL before Celebrity. Others, I am sure, will disagree. As has been noted, however, the tables are definitely closer in Blu. For us, this is a drawback, but it sounds as if the OP might not mind, as they like to converse with other diners.

One additional factor is cabin position. We like forward cabins, and for Aqua this put us on deck 9 on the Millennium. That meant that we had a large overhang on our balcony from deck 10. It also meant that we were under the jogging track- which periodically made itself loudly known.

The two big plusses for Aqua are BLU restaurant, we loved and Persian Garden, with its three saunas and nice rest area. Concierge is just a glorified veranda.

Agree BLU & the Persian Garden are the Aqua attractions for us. Plus, there is a special boarding area which in one case was speedier than the Suite area

Also..if in Aqua...and book a specialty dining on the ship on the day of boarding...there is a discount ! Not advertised, you need to ask

Two years ago, before we took our first cruise in Aqua class, there was confusion about whether Aqua did indeed get all of the perks of Concierge. (Not all of them were listed on the website.) It turned out that it was just another case of Celebrity paying little attention to their website and neglecting to list them all. I may have missed a posting about this now but, until I see a report to the contrary from somebody who has very recently sailed in Aqua, I would bet that all of the Concierge perks still hold for Aqua today.

Regardless, for us the attraction of Aqua is still Blu. Obviously, this is strictly a matter of personal taste, but we much prefer the "cleaner" manner of cooking there to the heavy (and more intensely-flavored) sauces usually found in the MDR. With the exception of Blu, we have generally not been happy with the food on Celebrity, and we prefer to sail with Princess or NCL before Celebrity. Others, I am sure, will disagree. As has been noted, however, the tables are definitely closer in Blu. For us, this is a drawback, but it sounds as if the OP might not mind, as they like to converse with other diners.

One additional factor is cabin position. We like forward cabins, and for Aqua this put us on deck 9 on the Millennium. That meant that we had a large overhang on our balcony from deck 10. It also meant that we were under the jogging track- which periodically made itself loudly known.

Actually this was a case of Celebrity keeping an eye on their web site and changing it very carefully when they wished. Around two years ago the web site very clearly stated that patrons in Aqua Class got all the perks of CC plus the Aqua Class perks. Somewhere around then they changed the web site and removed that sentence, we even discussed it on this board. Since that time some perks have been eliminated. Little perks but it leaves them the option of doing what they want.

The big plus for Aqua is Blue, plus you get Persian Garden. Concierge though may have some cabin locations that Aqua doesn't.

We recently had the choice of Aqua or CC for roughly the same amount and choice CC, because we LOVE the aft cabins. If it weren't for the cabin location, we'd go for Aqua and Blu in a heartbeat.

Personally I wish Celebrity could make Aqua class available for any cabin if people were willing to pay. I'd love to have my aft cabin, plus Blu. (All sky suites were sold out for the cruise already...for January 2018!)

you can't win it all, but sure you can wish....

On the Reflection and on the Summit.We only ate a couple of times in Blu. Food was ok, wouldn't say it was great to be honest. But the few times we ate there between 6 and 7 for dinner, it was not crowded at all. Plenty of tables between the other people dining, maybe 1/3? full. We eat all over the place on cruises- Specialty, buffet, room service etc. The main reason we book aqua on Celebrity is because the areas of the cabins are very quiet- due to 2 to a cabin.

On the Summit, admittedly, the aqua cabin locations weren't the greatest- we did book under the carpeted area of the buffet-- but heard absolutely no noise at all. We usually book ship cabins under and over other cabins for quiet.

We had a great location on the Reflection, and are booking a similar location on the Solstice for our next cruise on Celebrity. Since we do use the Persian Gardens a lot and it is included in the aqua fare- the price ends up being around the same as concierge class. I should say that the 1 or 2 times that we ate in Blu for breakfast, it was really quite nice.

The great difficulty with Celebrity's 3 levels of dining rooms is that the only way to find out if you prefer Blu or Luminae over the MDR is to take a cruise with a cabin in the right category -- and normally that means paying more than you would have for an acceptable cabin. Since you got upgraded, this is your free chance to try Blu. I would go for it, at least for the first few nights. If you don't like it then, the maitre d' will help you get into the MDR -- and you will never be tempted to spring for Aquaclass in the future. But if you love it -- well, you'll just have to budget a little more for cruises!

We are Concierge on our next cruise. We were lowly veranda on Reflection, but our buds were Aqua. They did nothing but complain about Blu the whole cruise. We raved about the MDR so then they wanted to eat with us.

Elite status also gets a free Persian Garden day also, we never even used that perk. So not a draw. We'll stick with Concierge class. We get the same hansgroh shower.

So, I called X because my TA said, "look at the reservation" which said "traditional dining 8:30" but because of comments here, I decided to call. X Customer service told me that for Aqua passengers, that MEANS Blu. But, they told me I could contact dining (dining@celebrity.com) with my reservation details and they could change it. I called my TA back and he contacted them (by phone) and got us our MDR fixed table at 8:30pm. We'll see if it works when we get on board! :rolleyes:

Also, I asked about the amenities and after looking at some internal X site, they were able to see a chart that is not available on the website. It in fact showed that most of the CC amenities are in fact also for Aqua.

They sent me a screen shot of it.

SO, again, we shall see when we get onboard in July. And then I can report back.

I appreciate all of your feedback.

It does seem that Aqua is truly some like it, some don't.

So, I called X because my TA said, "look at the reservation" which said "traditional dining 8:30" but because of comments here, I decided to call. X Customer service told me that for Aqua passengers, that MEANS Blu. But, they told me I could contact dining (dining@celebrity.com) with my reservation details and they could change it. I called my TA back and he contacted them (by phone) and got us our MDR fixed table at 8:30pm. We'll see if it works when we get on board! :rolleyes:

Also, I asked about the amenities and after looking at some internal X site, they were able to see a chart that is not available on the website. It in fact showed that most of the CC amenities are in fact also for Aqua.

SO, again, we shall see when we get onboard in July. And then I can report back.

Thanks for posting that info - good to know those of us who have booked and paid for Aqua class amenities wont be let down - many thanks :)

Don't be surprised when you get there that your assigned to Blu, some have said they did this in the past and it did not work.

Also, one of your reasons for doing Traditional is having a large table, this has changed a bit also, you may get a large table but the people assigned may go to Specialties, etc. I have see people complain on her that they had a large table which was almost vacant the whole cruise.

Edited by dkjretired