Air2Sea rates to/from Barcelona

Can you please share what rates you have recently gotten using Air2Sea to fly one way to Barcelona from the U.S. or from the U.S. to Barcelona? We don't sail until October 2017, so I obviously can't book flights yet, but I'm curious as to what the rates are like with Air2Sea. We will most likely fly from Pittsburgh, but please include what U.S. city you are flying to or from.

Thank you! :)

I sail this October and haven't booked air yet, but, I've been seeing $421 to $486 range PIT to BCN. 1 Stop in CDG for the connecting flight. Travel on a Thursday nights.

Edit: These are Choice Air prices. Everything else I typically look at for cheap bookings - charters and consolidators - has been higher.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

You should be able to book now, since you are going in the fall it should be cheaper than the spring and summer months. Check the airline sites and Kayak to see pricing.

Can you please share what rates you have recently gotten using Air2Sea to fly one way to Barcelona from the U.S. or from the U.S. to Barcelona? We don't sail until October 2017, so I obviously can't book flights yet, but I'm curious as to what the rates are like with Air2Sea. We will most likely fly from Pittsburgh, but please include what U.S. city you are flying to or from.

Thank you! :)

I'm looking at around $650pp from STL.

I had reservations for this June on Harmony that I had to cancel. When I was searching I could never find anything for under $1700 round trip that had any kind of decent arrival or departure times. I could find 1200 to 1300, but they all had really long layovers, like 35 hour travel times, one way. This was from Chicago. I looked at getting to Barcelona 2 or 3 days early, and leaving a few days after getting back in port. I used Kayak and air 2 sea. I started searching about a year in advance and finally gave up when we cancelled in December. I was really shocked that airfare was going to cost more than the cruise. I recently looked for one way fares in the fall for a TA from Barcelona and the airfares were much more reasonable.

Edited by ATC cruiser

When going directly to the website for various airlines, Oct 2017 rates are not listed. Many only display rates until April 2017.

That's true, the number I gave above was for October 2016.

When going directly to the website for various airlines, Oct 2017 rates are not listed. Many only display rates until April 2017.

Most international airlines publish flight 330 dates out from current date, some slightly more, some slightly less.

Find a similar cruise for 2016 from RCCL and then use that ship/date to make a mock booking in Air2Sea and see what you come up with :D

The prices the last few years for the one-way through RCCL have been fairly reasonable when I have checked ATL-BCN one way in October/November - anywhere from $485-650 per person depending on dates

I had reservations for this June on Harmony that I had to cancel. When I was searching I could never find anything for under $1700 round trip that had any kind of decent arrival or departure times. I could find 1200 to 1300, but they all had really long layovers, like 35 hour travel times, one way. This was from Chicago. I looked at getting to Barcelona 2 or 3 days early, and leaving a few days after getting back in port. I used Kayak and air 2 sea. I started searching about a year in advance and finally gave up when we cancelled in December. I was really shocked that airfare was going to cost more than the cruise. I recently looked for one way fares in the fall for a TA from Barcelona and the airfares were much more reasonable.

European cruise fares are low because many Americans are opting to stay closer to home - just look at the Summer Alaska and Caribbean Pricing - OUCH! I also think the airlines have cut capacity to Europe to keep prices high which doesn't help!

Depending on your gateway city, air to Europe this summer has been BRUTALLLY high - especially Barcelona, Rome, Venice and Athens. I'm consistently seeing rates for clients in the $1500-1900 range per person. The few cities served by Norwegian Air (NYC, BOS, LAX, MCO, FLL/MIA) have had some lower pricing from Legacy carriers, but not much.

I'm flying this October EWR (Newark, NJ) to BCN $915 round-trip, nonstop economy through Air2Sea.

Edited to respond to the above query: Business class was like $4,500!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Bound4Bermuda

• 3 weeks later...
Update: Booked one way PIT - BCN via EWR on United Oct. 19, 2016 in economy for $263 tonight through Choice Air

I have a complimentary Economy Plus subscription so I've upgraded for no charge, too.

Holy carp that's cheap! :eek:

Update: Booked one way PIT - BCN via EWR on United Oct. 19, 2016 in economy for $263 tonight through Choice Air

I have a complimentary Economy Plus subscription so I've upgraded for no charge, too.

Great deal!

Thanks for posting this. I found a super cheap fare for my upcoming TA. I wasn't sure if I could upgrade to economy plus and it shows available.

When I look for prices, I select the actual day we will be flying, in other words if we are flying out on a Thursday in Oct of 2017 then I select the same day for this Oct if the dates are not open yet to give myself an idea.

i am checking prices to Copenhagen and actually will do better with a RT Ticket from Home to Boston then 1 way Boston to Copenhagen. This via Expedia etc so need to check through E 2 Air. I will book our flight to Boston on my own and back.