Suggestions for Princess

redtogo

I submit OP loves regimentation, order and control. Everything must have its place and time. No exceptions.

I find the suggestion about charging for shows and entertainment amusing in that there have been a few that you couldn't pay me to attend ... :eek:

You have that right. Totally agree.

Princess needs to redesign policies to regain control and make cruising a pleasant experience for all passengers.

I have made the suggestion to Princess that they begin to set a limit on the benefits that are already in place, plus a few other changes. For example, we all know that at one time the internet was unlimited. Ahem.... now minutes are based on the length of the cruise no matter how many times/days you have sailed. My recommendation to Princess was to do this with the free laundry as well. Depending on the length of the cruise, set an amount that is free. When that amount is "used up", charge for the laundry. So, if I get $150 worth of free laundry, for example, after I use up my quota - I get charged. (The charge already is posting on the shipboard accounts and then being credited back. So that would not be an issue or problem keeping track.)

Another suggestion that I had was to start issuing tickets for the Princess theater. When you show up for a show, each person PRESENT, gets a ticket. Row K, Seat 14 (for example) same as in a real theater at home. Then there would be none of this saving seats, etc that is going on. On our last cruise a family of three saved 5 seats so that if someone tall sat in front of them that they would have option to "move over" a seat in either direction. Abuse, short and simple, abuse of the production shows.

I also suggested that Princess begin charging a nominal fee for the entertainers and production shows.

I also suggested that when something occurs that sets a time restraint, such as clearing customs in a foreign port, that cruise cards be scanned at the point of entry like they are for the safety drill. If it isn't the person's/group's time to be at the event, they would not be allowed to enter because their allotted time would be assigned through their cruise card.

Another suggestion is regarding people who purchased and are on Princess organized shore excursions should be in one lounge together for tender tickets. Those who do not have Princess organized shore excursions would be in another area to receive tender tickets.

Too many things on the ships have gotten out of hand. There needs to be a way to control the crowds. Staff can only do so much and be in only one place at a time.

Interesting thoughts, but I disagree with what you propose.....

Bob

Princess employee plant ??

I'll ask Keith (who is fine and just hiding. LOL.) Can you imagine the mess with staff trying to get people to sit in their assigned seats in the theater and all the people who would sit in the wrong ones? It would take about 10 times more staff to deal with the tickets, and that's not saving Princess any money.

I'll ask Keith (who is fine and just hiding. LOL.) Can you imagine the mess with staff trying to get people to sit in their assigned seats in the theater and all the people who would sit in the wrong ones? It would take about 10 times more staff to deal with the tickets, and that's not saving Princess any money.

I usually don't go to the theater anymore. I might start going again if this were to ever start just to watch the chaos.....:D:D:D

Bob

Princess needs to redesign policies to regain control and make cruising a pleasant experience for all passengers.

This line in the original post really doesn't fit with the rest of the post. Perhaps this would make cruising a pleasant experience for the OP but not for anybody else.

About the only thing Princess should change is to enforce the policies already in place.

While I've seen out-of-control abuse with the unlimited laundry, all it would have taken was for Princess to limit it to the passengers booked in the cabin. The stewards know who is cheating and who isn't, whether they're sending out laundry for family and friends.

The "free laundry" is definitely out of control and in Harms Way of being revoked. We had conversation with the Maitre'd of the Hotel on a recent voyage and he told us that there was one cabin that turned in 30 bags of laundry on a 10 day voyage. Obviously they were packing in for the family and friends. On the flip side there was one cabin that turned in one pair of socks to be laundered!

If the whole world enforced the rules and laws in place it would be a better place for sure.

I think the OP started a thread on Carnival board earlier claiming that Cove balcony cabins were not safe because in rough seas water can get into the ship and waves might sweep you overboard. Thread has now been deleted but it was in exactly the same language as this one was.

I think the OP started a thread on Carnival board earlier claiming that Cove balcony cabins were not safe because in rough seas water can get into the ship and waves might sweep you overboard. Thread has now been deleted but it was in exactly the same language as this one was.

Hahaha! That's why people love those little coves. :) Yes, this thread does reek of troll. There seems to be a lot of them lately.

Edited by shredie

Royal Caribbean already reserves tickets for shows. But what if something else happens that you didn't know was going on until you get on board? The next show is booked up and you can't get in. Go early and plan accordingly.

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

About the only thing Princess should change is to enforce the policies already in place.

While I've seen out-of-control abuse with the unlimited laundry, all it would have taken was for Princess to limit it to the passengers booked in the cabin. The stewards know who is cheating and who isn't, whether they're sending out laundry for family and friends.

I agree with you but what steward would be willing to tell their cabin guests that they have maxed out their free laundry? I'm sure they would fear losing the tip they so depend on.

I agree. Staffing these controls and restrictions would cost Princess more than it would be worth.

Wow, can't believe you're actually trying to diminish the cruise experience! Maybe you work for the competition and want to steer people away from Princess. Or maybe you're a teacher and want to make adults feel like children.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the update :)

Srpilo

Princess could give me free cruises and I would sort out the chair hogs, window seat hogs, laundry abusers etc etc. as I would not technically be staff no one could complain. As an ex school teacher I am very good at dealing with childish behaviour. LOL

Edited by Gwendy

The "free laundry" is definitely out of control and in Harms Way of being revoked. We had conversation with the Maitre'd of the Hotel on a recent voyage and he told us that there was one cabin that turned in 30 bags of laundry on a 10 day voyage. Obviously they were packing in for the family and friends. On the flip side there was one cabin that turned in one pair of socks to be laundered!

If the whole world enforced the rules and laws in place it would be a better place for sure.

Just what the world needs is laundry police.....we were just on a 4 week cruise and I would not know how a passenger would know what others were doing with their laundry....there is just so much rumor, speculation and cruise lore on cruise ships....:rolleyes: