Pure selfish

Dajo5601

Not even that.

The folks next door smoked through our entire seven day Caribbean Princess cruise (we smelled rather than saw but theirs was the only door that smelled of smoke in the hallway). Front desk was called twice but the neighbors were still going at by the end of the cruise.

Princess' lack of enforcement of the rules is disgraceful.

This would be "over the top." Princess has a clearly stated smoking policy along with penalties for violation. It seems obvious that the people in this cabin decided that the cost for deep cleaning the cabin was the price of their enjoyment of their cigarettes.....and perhaps once reported, if notified decided that they were going to be charged anyway so they may as well continue to smoke.

However, there are people who choose a cruise line in part based on their smoking policy--that the stated policy basically assures that someone's allergies or respiratory difficulties won't be aggravated by another guest's smoking as it is easy to avoid smoking areas on the ship. I honestly can't say what I would do if smoking was being tolerated in the next cabin. If only a problem when out in the hall....probably tolerate it. I'm not in the hallway that much. If an issue while in my cabin, this would be an issue. And as the poster above suggested, might well result in my choice to not cruise this line again!

I remember few years ago we had an early excursion and we had to go to the buffet for a quick breakfast, I hate the going to the buffet. The place was packed, not a seat to be had. I spotted a table for 8 with 2 people sitting at it with a large platter of Eggs Benedict on the center of the table. My wife and I sat down at the end of the table and they said that this table was being saved for their friends who were on their way. I said when they come we’ll leave and proceeded to eat our breakfast, she goes BALASTIC!! Telling me that they are saving this able for their friends. I tell her that when they show up I’ll leave, she continues to go off, we ignore her and continue to eat our breakfast. After a few minutes her husband says, “I guess the rest of them aren’t coming” so they get up and leave. They haven’t been gone 15 seconds when 4 people asked if they could sit down, “sure no problem, I’ll share my table”. The people at the table next to us laughed and said that people had been trying to it there for over 30 minutes and they ran them off. You were the only one who sat down and had the guts to stay and eat your breakfast. The best part was later on our excursion my wife overheard this couple talking about the jerk couple up in the buffet that sat down at their friends table and wouldn’t leave and that Julia was pi$$ed to no end and it pretty much ruined her day. We still laugh about how mad I made Julia. I’m a big man and my little wife says that I can be very intimidating, not that I try to be.

In a similar issue, last year we were on the Ruby and were having a late breakfast (in the lido buffet area). At the time, the Lido was actually pretty empty and we were surrounded by empty tables. A lady comes over to us, while we are in the middle of eating, and asks if we would mind moving! We told her we would only be sitting at the table until we finished breakfast...and she went ballistic....telling us that we were at "her table" which was used every day by "her group" for their needle point club. At that point (as my eggs were getting cold) I told the lady to take herself and her group to another table.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

In a similar issue, last year we were on the Ruby and were having a late breakfast (in the lido buffet area). At the time, the Lido was actually pretty empty and we were surrounded by empty tables. A lady comes over to us, while we are in the middle of eating, and asks if we would mind moving! We told her we would only be sitting at the table until we finished breakfast...and she went ballistic....telling us that we were at "her table" which was used every day by "her group" for their needle point club. At that point (as my eggs were getting cold) I told the lady to take herself and her group to another table.

Hank

It's too bad she couldn't have been an adult in the matter and simply go to another table, not saying a word to you. But I guess I'm asking/thinking too much of her.

Edited by Treven

Hank

Perhaps she should get her behind to the area well before "club" time if she wants the same reserved table each day. Alternatively, she could ask the CD to reserve the table for them.

On the one hand, I do understand that sitting where one has natural light is preferable for this activity. On the other...I suspect this was not the only such table in the area. People need to grow up!

As for Julia....I'm glad she had a "ruined" day over someone needing a table at breakfast.

We've used clips for our chairs for years upon years simply to hold the towel down in the wind. We use them at home on our balcony - where we're obviously not "marking our territory", we use them when we visit various beaches around home, we use them at hotels, and we use them on ships, whether by the pool or on our balcony there too. Our clips are probably 7 or 8 years old, and look like weathered old clothespins. Most definitely not proclaiming to the world that this is our turf and back off or anything at all, simply holding our towels and T-shirts in place. If others read it that way, more power to them. Our intention is to keep our stuff from blowing away. They're quite handy really..

Obviously if you are sitting in the chair your towel is not going to blow away. So......how long are you away from your chair that you need the clips on?

Obviously if you are sitting in the chair your towel is not going to blow away. So......how long are you away from your chair that you need the clips on?

One minute, 14 seconds. :D Princess would be distressed if towels started blowing overboard. Some of those gusts can be sudden and strong.

So I guess I've been living under a rock. What do these clips look like?

Exactly what I was thinking.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bob

If you get up to use the restroom, or get a drink, that is long enough for the towel (or a shirt.coverup, etc) to blow away. Also the clips are useful for keeping the towel from slouching down while you're laying on it, making it stay put where you want it.

If I ever see clearly unused deck chairs on a ship that have been reserved with towels I will simply remove the towels myself and occupy the chair. To date no one has dared challenge me on this and they would certainly back down quickly if they did try to challenge it.

This would be "over the top." Princess has a clearly stated smoking policy along with penalties for violation. It seems obvious that the people in this cabin decided that the cost for deep cleaning the cabin was the price of their enjoyment of their cigarettes.....and perhaps once reported' date=' if notified decided that they were going to be charged anyway so they may as well continue to smoke.

However, there are people who choose a cruise line in part based on their smoking policy--that the stated policy basically assures that someone's allergies or respiratory difficulties won't be aggravated by another guest's smoking as it is easy to avoid smoking areas on the ship. I honestly can't say what I would do if smoking was being tolerated in the next cabin. If only a problem when out in the hall....probably tolerate it. I'm not in the hallway that much. If an issue while in my cabin, this would be an issue. And as the poster above suggested, might well result in my choice to not cruise this line again![/quote']

Unfortunately, it came into our stateroom, also. Had the room 'deodorized" once.

I'm at the Platinum level (close to Elite) and have not had this problem before or since.

It is the love boat.

If you feel strongly about this, you can choose not to cruise on princess again.

Problem solved.

I'm guessing your advice is the same for those complaining about the chair hogs.

If you get up to use the restroom, or get a drink, that is long enough for the towel (or a shirt.coverup, etc) to blow away. Also the clips are useful for keeping the towel from slouching down while you're laying on it, making it stay put where you want it.

Agree!

If we are at the pool it is obvious that there will be times we are actually IN the pool and there shouldn't be a time limit.

It's not like putting towels on the chairs and leaving the pool area. The clips are helpful for several reasons as stated above.

;)

More and more I'm seeing people using these large towel clips which shout "This is my chair don't touch it regardless of how long it's empty. I don't know when I'll want to come back to the pool. Doesn't matter that I put everything in place at 7am."

Maybe next time I'll bring a set of different colored clips. Simply replace their yellow clips with my yellow clips. Seriously, has chair hogging got so bad that people spend energy dreaming up ways to protect their turf?

I have obviously been talking to the wrong clips. I thought mine were saying "I am cute and fun and you can find your chair when you get out of the pool since you didn't wear your glasses."

Not even that.

The folks next door smoked through our entire seven day Caribbean Princess cruise (we smelled rather than saw but theirs was the only door that smelled of smoke in the hallway). Front desk was called twice but the neighbors were still going at by the end of the cruise.

Princess' lack of enforcement of the rules is disgraceful.

The same thing happened to us on the Emerald with smokers next door. We turned them in a number of times & after repeated warnings they were given a fine. It stopped. :D

I'm guessing your advice is the same for those complaining about the chair hogs.

It is.

When I read cruise critic, I see from the responses how

horrible it is to be on princess cruises.

I simply can not understand how people complain so intensely

and then repeat the same experience.

It it is 'disgraceful', why would you return?

Do they just want new material to complain about? Or, is

there simply nothing that makes them happy, so why change?

Additionally, there seem to be lots of people who are the center

of the universe and thing every crew member, staff member and

officer is a member of their personal police force, duty bound

to ensure all other passengers behave as the 'should'

Edited by pablo222

It is.

When I read cruise critic, I see from the responses how

horrible it is to be on princess cruises.

I simply can not understand how people complain so intensely

and then repeat the same experience.

It it is 'disgraceful', why would you return?

Do they just want new material to complain about? Or, is

there simply nothing that makes them happy, so why change?

Additionally, there seem to be lots of people who are the center

of the universe and thing every crew member, staff member and

officer is a member of their personal police force, duty bound

to ensure all other passengers behave as the 'should'

So we just let everyone do as they please even though it affects many other passengers. I was also unaware that bringing up valid points/complaints is a bad thing.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bob

I have obviously been talking to the wrong clips. I thought mine were saying "I am cute and fun and you can find your chair when you get out of the pool since you didn't wear your glasses."

What does it say to the nice grandma who I see at 7am putting towels, with clips, on five lounge chairs? Hey, to you and 99% of your (and mine) fellow passengers clips say what you just said. To the other 1% they shout these are mine. MINE I SAY, MINE FOR THE DAY, MINE FOR MY ENTIRE STAY, STAY AWAY.

I can't help myself...I've got another chair hog story.

We were on a Caribbean cruise and noticed that 2 chairs at the Terrace Pool had custom made chair covers. They were there all day long from early in the AM until evening. The covers were fitted so they covered the back of the chair and went all the way to the foot of the chair.

We rarely saw anyone actually using them.:rolleyes:

Obviously a chair is in use when- there is a cover up on the chair. Flip flops next to the chair and/ or a lanyard, sun block or a book. No one comes to the pool in bare feet and a swimsuit. A "clip" shouldn't be the thing that enables one to figure out when they plunked their stuff. One would see one's stuff and probably one's friend or spouse sitting next to one's stuff.

As for not going on a cruise because of this complaint. I am NOT going on another Caribbean cruise due to this situation. I was embarrassed because I talked friends into doing a cruise and they may rethink it- due to this. I told them that we should do Alaska next.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

It's not even chair hogs and theater seat hogs anymore:rolleyes:. We just returned last week from an AK cruise with window hogs in the buffet! We had several "large" groups traveling together...and every morning they would park one person at each window side table for the day on sea days and late port days. It was bizarre... and don't ask if you can sit down!

I was on that same trip, I too noticed the very same thing, thought it was my imagination, but you have confirmed it.

It was so bad that people skipped the buffet and went to the dining rooms, thus filling them up.

No way you could have a quick meal, and that was a big problem given the changes to the itinerary and the new tour times.

I was on that same trip, I too noticed the very same thing, thought it was my imagination, but you have confirmed it.

It was so bad that people skipped the buffet and went to the dining rooms, thus filling them up.

No way you could have a quick meal, and that was a big problem given the changes to the itinerary and the new tour times.

You might have gone to the head waiter running things in the buffet and complained. I don't know if it would help, but if enough people did it several times, something might be done.

What does it say to the nice grandma who I see at 7am putting towels, with clips, on five lounge chairs? Hey, to you and 99% of your (and mine) fellow passengers clips say what you just said. To the other 1% they shout these are mine. MINE I SAY, MINE FOR THE DAY, MINE FOR MY ENTIRE STAY, STAY AWAY.

Boy, you really don't like those towel clips, do you? LOL.

Gibby-

Yup...it happened! Lol...dh thought one had passed with her head on the table:eek: