Global entry

RNGALNG

I was asking about if our appointments were on different days/months and we both showed up would they take both of us.

I don't think any of us can answer this. After reading Flyertalk, it sounds like every officer and/or interview site can handle this differently. You may find one Officer who has no problem with it and another office where there is a sign up front saying no.

Even at locations where the signage says "no walk ins", households have been able to do simultaneous interviews when one member has an appointment.

This was not allowed at my site last week unless everyone had a scheduled interview that day. There was someone who wanted to add a spouse who didn't have an appointment that day and the Customs officer said no.

Again, every place is different. There is no universal answer.

Edited by Coral

I don't think any of us can answer this. After reading Flyertalk, it sounds like every officer and/or interview site can handle this differently. You may find one Officer who has no problem with it and another office where there is a sign up front saying no.

Thanks, understood. We'll keep our 2 August appointments and just keep checking for 2 earlier cancellations. Not a problem.

Thanks, understood. We'll keep our 2 August appointments and just keep checking for 2 earlier cancellations. Not a problem.

It is worth a try. Just don't expect them to always be able to additional people in that day. They may be running behind.

As weird as this sounds, some sites don't allow family members to interview together. I read this multiple times on flyer talk. Other sites have no problems with family members interviewing at the same time.

Edited by Coral

Sure wish we had understood GE 2 months ago. Paid for and went thru TSA Pre Check application and interview, but now are working to see if we can get GE appt prior to our flight to Rome in early August. We weren't even aware of GE nor was there any mention of it or written literature when we went for TSA Pre Check interview. So we just applied today and paid another $100 on top of the $85 we already paid...probably won't get approved in time, but both of our kids live overseas, so it makes sense to have GE😏

Hi,we are flying into SEATAC in september,we have enrolled with ESTA online.Do we still need the GE or is ESTA enough?Cheers,Brian.

ESTA and GE are completely different things. ESTA is the system used to apply for entry to the U.S. for citizens of visa-waiver countries and as such is in lieu of a visa.

GE is the system for expedited entry processing upon arrival (and also makes you Pre-Check eligible for U.S. security screening). It is for U.S. citizens as well as select other countries. It is for frequent international travelers and makes no sense for a single entry (all processing is in the U.S. so even if you are eligible, you won't have it for your first entry).

Sure wish we had understood GE 2 months ago. Paid for and went thru TSA Pre Check application and interview, but now are working to see if we can get GE appt prior to our flight to Rome in early August. We weren't even aware of GE nor was there any mention of it or written literature when we went for TSA Pre Check interview. So we just applied today and paid another $100 on top of the $85 we already paid...probably won't get approved in time, but both of our kids live overseas, so it makes sense to have GE��

Not an expert but have been looking at flyer talk the last month on this.

TSA Pre Check and Global Entry are 2 seperate programs and have 2 entirely different approval processes. Global Entry is ran by Customs. TSA Pre-Check is run by TSA.

Expect about 3 weeks to get approved. It seems to be going quicker now so it will probably take less time but I had to wait 21 days including weekends.

Someone just posted that the Phoenix office is booking 1 month out though TUS is wide open. So if you are willing to travel to Tuscon, you may still get approved in time. If you have to schedule far out, check back often for cancellations.

Edited by Coral

Not an expert but have been looking at flyer talk the last month on this.

TSA Pre Check and Global Entry are 2 seperate programs and have 2 entirely different approval processes. Global Entry is ran by Customs. TSA Pre-Check is run by TSA.

Although separate programs, GE approval includes TSA Pre Check approval.

I had my global entry interview today with customs after waiting a couple months. It's active right away no need to wait on the card to arrive in the mail. With all appts booked up I kinda expected other people there but I was the only one. I arrived early and was finished in 10 min.

Although separate programs, GE approval includes TSA Pre Check approval.

Correct - but the approval process goes through 2 different agencies. It is supposedly easier to get approved for TSA Pre-Check.

Edited by Coral

I had my global entry interview today with customs after waiting a couple months. It's active right away no need to wait on the card to arrive in the mail. With all appts booked up I kinda expected other people there but I was the only one. I arrived early and was finished in 10 min.

Congratulations!

I love that you get approval and your number "finalized" on the date you successfully interview. I went home from my interview and registered my Known Traveler number with all the airlines that I use- right away!

Can someone give me a using Global Entry at Port Everglades for Dummies lesson. I have 2 cruises disembarking there coming up, so I am considering Global Entry. TIA

Global Entry at Port Everglades is a manual process (as opposed to the machines used at airports). Terminal 2 (the only one I've sailed into since GE was introduced at PE) has a dedicated line for GE passport holders (far right side when we were there). You may either need to inform the terminal staff verbally that you are GE or, probably better yet, show them you GE card to get in the line (oftentimes there isn't a line and if there is it is only a few people long). The Customs and Immigration staff will only need your passport since your GE info is coded into your passport.

Global Entry at Port Everglades is a manual process (as opposed to the machines used at airports). Terminal 2 (the only one I've sailed into since GE was introduced at PE) has a dedicated line for GE passport holders (far right side when we were there). You may either need to inform the terminal staff verbally that you are GE or, probably better yet, show them you GE card to get in the line (oftentimes there isn't a line and if there is it is only a few people long). The Customs and Immigration staff will only need your passport since your GE info is coded into your passport.

As a follow up to this, since there are no kiosks we will need to fill out the blue declaration form debarking in Port Everglades?

Can someone give me a using Global Entry at Port Everglades for Dummies lesson. I have 2 cruises disembarking there coming up, so I am considering Global Entry. TIA

A bit of advice. You need to get moving. It will take 2 or 3 weeks for the conditional approval. Then you need an appointment for an interview. Depending upon the location, that may take several more weeks. You can't make the appointment until you have the conditional approval.

BTW, if you're travelling with family, each family member must go through the entire process to include scheduling the interview, the interview and the $100 application fee. It can be difficult scheduling multiple interviews on the same day.

Edited by RocketMan275

Is there a way to find out when interview appointments are available before I begin the process. I realize of course, it is subject to change. I just want to know if it is available this year or not until next year so I can decide if it will work. I tried Google and clicked around some various websites but nothing said "interview appointment". It looks like you already have to be approved to go into the website that has the appointments information.

As a follow up to this, since there are no kiosks we will need to fill out the blue declaration form debarking in Port Everglades?

Yes. You will need to fill out the dec from that will be left in your disembark package in your stateroom. GE in PE is a BREEZE!! As stated far right lane in Term 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there a way to find out when interview appointments are available before I begin the process. I realize of course, it is subject to change. I just want to know if it is available this year or not until next year so I can decide if it will work. I tried Google and clicked around some various websites but nothing said "interview appointment". It looks like you already have to be approved to go into the website that has the appointments information.

According to the website, you can only make an interview appointment after you receive your notification of conditional appointment.

I received an email from GOES stating that my application status had changed and that I needed to visit the website. After I logged in, there was a block to check to schedule the interview which took me to the interview scheduling portion of the site.

There is a place where you can see what locations provide interview services.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/enrollment-centers

When I went to schedule my interview, I found that interviews at the nearest site (Nashville) were 'spotty'. Some days had none. July, the entire month had none. Some days would have one or two interview slots. Surprisingly, in the month of June there were a bunch of interviews available on a Sunday.

Basically, you will have to roll the dice. Interestingly, the FAQ said that you could call the interview station to arrange an interview for the entire family. Perhaps you could call the location of your interest and ask about potential scheduling. The phone numbers are at the link I provided. You have to click on the state and then the location to get hours, phone number, etc. Of course things could change...

There is no way to access the schedule until you sign up and are conditionally approved and ready for the interview. If you check everyday something could open up sooner which is what happen to me. If you travel somewhere you can always check locations there as well. Of course you could just show up w/o appt and see what happens. There was a sign at LAS airport yesterday that said those w/o appts to have a seat and wait.

We applied for Global Entry in May, and received conditional approval a few days ago. The earliest appointment we could get is January 17, 2017 in Warwick RI. This is not entirely hopeless - friends of ours also applied and called me tonight to say they scheduled their appointment - January 17th!! Same day as us. Looks like we'll be having dinner together on Federal Hill in Providence on 1/17

Those who have access to other interview sites with earlier appointments should consider themselves very lucky.

Darcy

We applied for Global Entry in May, and received conditional approval a few days ago. The earliest appointment we could get is January 17, 2017 in Warwick RI. This is not entirely hopeless - friends of ours also applied and called me tonight to say they scheduled their appointment - January 17th!! Same day as us. Looks like we'll be having dinner together on Federal Hill in Providence on 1/17

Those who have access to other interview sites with earlier appointments should consider themselves very lucky.

Darcy

Keep checking appointments. There are ALWAYS cancellations and recently CBP has added additional hours of appointments in many places due to demand.