Signed up for Meet & Mingle; didn't get invited

There are a number of folks that signed up for the M&M on Jewel of the Seas Apr 28th Transatlantic and were not given invites in their stateroom; nor had any knowledge of when it was to be held until after the event was over.... I also heard from others who didgo that there weren't even any raffles.

Very disappointed in Guest Services lack of concern attitude when I spoke with them. Of all the 10+ M&Ms I have been to, this is the first time I've seen such disorganization.

I don't know who is responsible for the organization of the party - RCCL or Cruise Critic?

Susan

On our Anthem sailing, we also were not invited, nor was my BIL in a different section. We went to Guest services the first night and were told a certain time. We arrived as told and the room was empty. Went back to GS and was told it was going on now..it wasn't, we found out it was an hour eariler:mad:

Our 4/2 & 4/9 cruises on the Adventure did not even have the date/location listed when we sailed. Although we received invitations to both, most did not. We heard grumbling about it both weeks from many unhappy cruisers. Funny thing, for the 4/9 cruise, the invitation listed the previous week's date which also confused many people. We had an excellent cabin steward who noticed the mistake and found out the proper information to relay to us before we even saw the incorrect invitation. This is the first time we have seen an issue. Both M&M's were nice and did have hot appetizers and good raffles.

There are a number of folks that signed up for the M&M on Jewel of the Seas Apr 28th Transatlantic and were not given invites in their stateroom; nor had any knowledge of when it was to be held until after the event was over.... I also heard from others who didgo that there weren't even any raffles.

Very disappointed in Guest Services lack of concern attitude when I spoke with them. Of all the 10+ M&Ms I have been to, this is the first time I've seen such disorganization.

I don't know who is responsible for the organization of the party - RCCL or Cruise Critic?

Susan

There were raffles. I won a bottle the of wine.

Edited by Lynnees

I try to make a note, too. But, lately they have not always been announced before the cruise. for example our 4.27 grandeur was not announced pre- cruise.

There is also no listing for the M&M for our June 1st Jewel cruise.

We were on the Anthem May 5th and many people we talked to in the Diamond lounge did not get an invite and had no idea where and when the meet and greet took place.

On this cruise we got our invites the night the Meet and Mingle had already happened.

Edited by MommaBear55

Not sure whose fault it is if an invitation is not received? Its a shame that this happens but also wonder how it can happen so often on different cruises. Is it the fault of the cruise ship or cruise critic? Wouldn't the ship get the names and times from cruise critic?

After I initiated this thread I looked on the Meet & Mingle page and came across this little paragraph:

"Special Note: All inquiries regarding Royal Caribbean/Cruise Critic parties should be directed to either LauraS (community@cruisecritic.com) or our exclusive contact at Royal Caribbean: Xplora@rccl.com only."

So I wrote them!

After I initiated this thread I looked on the Meet & Mingle page and came across this little paragraph:

"Special Note: All inquiries regarding Royal Caribbean/Cruise Critic parties should be directed to either LauraS (community@cruisecritic.com) or our exclusive contact at Royal Caribbean: Xplora@rccl.com only."

So I wrote them!

Hope you post your reply. We were told the CC party was the job of the activity director.

Onboard usually the Group Coordinator is responsible for the Meet & Mingle. The Activities Manager might lead through the event and host the raffle, asks you to introduce you... But the Activities Manager usually gives out a Thank You to the Group Coordinator who is the official host and gives out the invitations (and is usually the person collecting the tickets for the raffle and handing out the "gift").

I heard on Anthem the invitations aren´t delivered in paper anymore but you find a message on your TV (which I usually never turn on).

steamboats

Onboard usually the Group Coordinator is responsible for the Meet & Mingle...

I heard on Anthem the invitations aren´t delivered in paper anymore but you find a message on your TV (which I usually never turn on).

steamboats

On the Quantum it as on the TV, which I didn't know about so missed that one, so on Anthem I looked for it there but it was on paper. (And delivered after the event) Consistently inconsistent.

We copy the time and location from the confirmed meet and mingle list.

This way we have a fighting chance of going. Just in case.

We have had cabin changes in the past and invitations have been lost.

Have attended everyone so far.

Enjoy

On our recent cruise, the M&M invitation was printed on plain paper, not the color cardboard we have seen in the past with a cut out for name tags. This could have easily been lost in the shuffle of other paper in our cabin on embarkation.

Edited by Philly Steve

When we were on the Rhapsody Around the Horn the time was changed for the M&M from what had originally been posted. I did contact CC about this. They were going to contact Rhapsody activities but after the fact it does no good. It would be nice if going forward this could be fixed.

steamboats

The only messages on our TV were for Spa services. We, nor my BIL had

paper work of any kind with the exception of the Planner.

No welcome aboard

No M&M invite.........was told wrong info at Guest Services

No info about loading coupons on card

Nothing about what we qualified for

No junk paperwork for sales

And now no survey post cruise

It was very impersonal

The only messages on our TV were for Spa services. We, nor my BIL had

paper work of any kind with the exception of the Planner.

No welcome aboard

No M&M invite.........was told wrong info at Guest Services

No info about loading coupons on card

Nothing about what we qualified for

No junk paperwork for sales

And now no survey post cruise

It was very impersonal

We have often been missed on the M&M invite.

If it isn't in your cabin Day 1 then it is up to you to find out the place and time.

Cruise Director Activity staff are usually the ones doing it. Sometimes the Front Desk knows or can find out for you. If you see any CD staff then ask them.

It is usually on the M&M site-- the time and place where it will be held if you go to that section on the M&M Registration.

You can do an on line survey if you didn't get one.

I found this on another Thread---

No email address. If you go on the RCL website and go to the Contact us section there is a form that asks your ship, sail date and I think reservation number. Then there is a field to enter comments.

After sending it I got one of those auto responses saying that it was received.

There is also no listing for the M&M for our June 1st Jewel cruise.

We are on the Jewel in September and looking at the list of confirmed meet and mingles, the last one listed for the Jewel is June 10. All other ships have dates through the end of the year. I can't believe that none of the Jewel cruises in the next 6 months have a confirmed meet and mingle. Whoever is in charge of meet and mingles for the Jewel is falling down on the job.

If it isn't in your cabin Day 1 then it is up to you to find out the place and time.

Cruise Director Activity staff are usually the ones doing it. Sometimes the Front Desk knows or can find out for you. If you see any CD staff then ask them.

It is usually on the M&M site-- the time and place where it will be held if you go to that section on the M&M Registration.

You can do an on line survey if you didn't get one.

I found this on another Thread---

No email address. If you go on the RCL website and go to the Contact us section there is a form that asks your ship, sail date and I think reservation number. Then there is a field to enter comments.

After sending it I got one of those auto responses saying that it was received.

Even though we had about 130 registered, our sailing had no info about the M&M on the site. Several on our roll call had sailed prior, their guess was 10:30 at Music Hall as their past cruise.

Two different people at GS told us the same. When we went, it was over as it was held hour earlier..........so yes, we did try.

I will try the site for the survey, Thank you for posting.

Susan

Lately have noticed it on other Royal ships, especially the Anthem as well. No invites in the cabin, snippy staff rushing the M and G, looking like they rather be elsewhere, art auction and bingo people starting to set up 5 minutes into the M and G.:rolleyes: Oh and to top it all....asked guest services on the Oasis about where the M and G was since we did not get the invite.......the front desk had no idea what a Cruise Critic Meet and Greet even was!

I haven't received my invitation a third of the time. I do make a note of when/where the M&M is going to be held before departing, just in case of such an eventuality.

We copy the time and location from the confirmed meet and mingle list.

This way we have a fighting chance of going. Just in case.

We have had cabin changes in the past and invitations have been lost.

Have attended everyone so far.

Enjoy

Noting or copying the date time and location would be a good idea... if Royal actually updated the confirmed list.

Out of fifty confirmed M&Ms for the next four weeks, only two actually have day time and location details... Harmony 29-May-2016 and 12-Jun-2016.

As the confirmed meet and mingle page is actually hosted by Royal Caribbean I would guess it is their responsibility to update the details

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ccConfirmedPartyList.do?src=CCC