5/21 Just left Hubbard Glacier on Millenium

Kapsgirl

We just left Hubbard and it was awesome. The captain pulled us all the way in so freakin' close!!!! Weather cleared up, no rain, cold but not miserable. Ice wasnt bad either. Earlier than scheduled as we left the glacier area by 2pm and was scheduled to be there 2-5ish. Was worried we might not get in far being that it is May. Stunning. Milos is the naturalist on board.

Thanks for the report! We're on the June 12 sailing of the Infinity and I was concerned that we might not be able to get in due to ice (that has happened to before to us -- mid June sailing)! Fog almost deterred us two years ago but the captain was persistent and it eventually lifted. Any pics?

We just got off the Millennium yesterday, having been on the northbound sailing to Seward. We visited Hubbard Glacier two days ago. OMG!!! There was not a cloud in the sky and it was perfectly calm. We went in as far as legally allowed - we were told that the closest the ships are allowed to get is half a mile. It was absolutely stunning! I don't know if Milos tells everyone this on a nice day, but he said they get one or two viewings a year that are that good. I know it was much, much better than last time we saw it. I felt truly lucky to have seen it like that. It was just amazing. Glad you had a great viewing too!

We had a lot of fog leaving Seward. It was raining too. Capt said he'd need to use fog horn every minute throughout the night. I never heard it. It was foggy around mountaintops so we were excited to make it in. Would love to post photos butdont know how. Can do if if it is quick. Im so glad youhad a good viewing. We heard the weather was bad for you in Juneau. Crossing our fingers our heli/dog sled tour doesnt get canceled!

We just left Hubbard and it was awesome. The captain pulled us all the way in so freakin' close!!!! Weather cleared up, no rain, cold but not miserable. Ice wasnt bad either. Earlier than scheduled as we left the glacier area by 2pm and was scheduled to be there 2-5ish. Was worried we might not get in far being that it is May. Stunning. Milos is the naturalist on board.

Sounds like some memorable sights. Thanks for checking in......:):):)

Bob

We had a lot of fog leaving Seward. It was raining too. Capt said he'd need to use fog horn every minute throughout the night. I never heard it.

Cocktails must be good....

So happy you are having a great cruise, say hello to Millie from us, can't wait to board her again in Asia 2017.

Here are 5/12 and 5/20 Millie sailing photos while at the Hubbard Glacier...both days were spectacular. Enjoy!33b560e96d760cd22cb8cb0c48374fc9.jpg250e3373e9d59fd91ebc41ccaa6b6f01.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had no sun on the 20th; it was cloudy, but fairly calm.ImageUploadedByForums1463963330.113972.jpg.dbfc8e05406fdaad50e03fec1b20e41f.jpg

We just got off the Millennium yesterday, having been on the northbound sailing to Seward. We visited Hubbard Glacier two days ago. OMG!!! There was not a cloud in the sky and it was perfectly calm. We went in as far as legally allowed - we were told that the closest the ships are allowed to get is half a mile. It was absolutely stunning! I don't know if Milos tells everyone this on a nice day, but he said they get one or two viewings a year that are that good. I know it was much, much better than last time we saw it. I felt truly lucky to have seen it like that. It was just amazing. Glad you had a great viewing too!

Milos did tell us we were at the 1/2 mile mark. It was amazingly close. Been missing the rain each day. Juneau lots of Temsco helicopters were cancelled so we rebooked with Era for our dogsled. Flight path to Mendenhall was too foggy. After three tried we finally got on. It was cheaper than cruise line too. It was a specatular experience.

Icy Strait dock anc new adventure center is very nice! They did s great job getting the ISP area ready for passengers. Loved this port. Ziprider was pricey but awesome!!!

Milos did tell us we were at the 1/2 mile mark. It was amazingly close. Been missing the rain each day. Juneau lots of Temsco helicopters wereancelled so we rebooked with Era for our dogsled. Flight path to Mendenhall was too foggy. After three tried we finally got on. It was cheaper than cruise line too. It was a specatular experience.

Icy Strait dock anc new adventure center is very nice! They did s great job getting the ISP area ready for passengers. Loved this port. Ziprider was pricey but awesome!!!