Adventure of the Seas Updated Details on 2016 Refurb

Sorry...somehow I missed the news on the CL/SL. Was there going to be a conversion from CL to a SL and now that is nixed...or delayed ?

The CL was supposed to get removed and the SL added to Deck 14.

It appears the SL will be available come early 2017. I guess they will be using the pre-existing CL until then, but I'm not sure.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Sorry...somehow I missed the news on the CL/SL. Was there going to be a conversion from CL to a SL and now that is nixed...or delayed ?

Yes, they were going to create a Suite Lounge up in Viking Crown out of the card and game rooms. The Concierge lounge on deck 9 would have been repurposed.

Add me to the list if those who haven't heard from RCCL yet. And it looks as if all the JS are booked up.

Did you book direct through Royal or through a TA? If you booked through a TA, maybe they have heard something or if you booked direct, they may be working on trying to accommodate you . So sorry to hear about your predicament.

If anyone is curious I just spoke to rci and the ship received the real voom o3b install this week.

Who did you speak to? Was it an RCI phone rep? Because they are notorious for being wrong. I guess I'll find out whether it's true or not when I board on Nov 19th. Would be nice if it's true...but I'm not holding out much hope.

Evening everyone.

We were booked in the now not happening Panoramic OV rooms for a B2B in June of next year. RC called me this afternoon to rebook my room. We were able to get a corner aft balcony for both sailings on Deck 8. We are VERY satisfied with the way it has turned out. The $100 OBC for each doesn't hurt either.

The number they had me call is 866-506-7245.

Evening everyone.

We were booked in the now not happening Panoramic OV rooms for a B2B in June of next year. RC called me this afternoon to rebook my room. We were able to get a corner aft balcony for both sailings on Deck 8. We are VERY satisfied with the way it has turned out. The $100 OBC for each doesn't hurt either.

The number they had me call is 866-506-7245.

Congrats! Sounds like a win-win.

We are sailing on AOS on the Nov 14th sailing, right after dry dock. I am having a difficult time understanding that all these delays on the refib are related to the Hurricane. She supposedly entered dry dock on Oct 16th, the Hurricane passed by Freeport around Oct 8th. I live in Orlando and was in Cocoa Beach the very next weekend. Not much damage at all.

I do understand they may have had more effect, but to delay all that was delayed. :mad:

Sorry but for me it is great news that they do not add all these cabins!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Me too. I totally forgot that all those cabins going in around the spa were taking up the jogging track. That severely cuts down on the places people can walk around that upper pool deck to view the ocean and hang out, and takes away the running track. They're keeping part of the track. It just becomes smaller instead of going all the way around. I hate the extra cabins and hope they never end up putting them in. They really ruin a lot of the free space on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

According to RCL's memo they say that new staterooms will NOT be added at this time.

If true, then the library should remain intact and perhaps the cigar lounge will not be affected.

Will find out for myself this coming Feb.

Who did you speak to? Was it an RCI phone rep? Because they are notorious for being wrong. I guess I'll find out whether it's true or not when I board on Nov 19th. Would be nice if it's true...but I'm not holding out much hope.

It was some kind of agent from rci, they called me about my booking for January, so I asked. Maybe she's wrong but she seemed to have a lot of details about the scope. Anyways, hope you can make a post when you sail with the info firsthand.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Forums mobile app

LOL I'm wondering if I'm meant to sail Royal!

First was booked on the Empress last May and that didn't work out so well (cruise cancelled) and now I'm booked in one of the 'new' rooms on the Adventure in May ... is someone trying to tell me something :rolleyes:

I guess I'll be contacted eventually about the switch!

We are sailing on AOS on the Nov 14th sailing, right after dry dock. I am having a difficult time understanding that all these delays on the refib are related to the Hurricane. She supposedly entered dry dock on Oct 16th, the Hurricane passed by Freeport around Oct 8th. I live in Orlando and was in Cocoa Beach the very next weekend. Not much damage at all.

I do understand they may have had more effect, but to delay all that was delayed. :mad:

Hurricane Nicole went through around that time, Hurricane Matthew hit the Bahamas Oct 5&6 as a cat 3 & 4. Some of the Bahama islands took a lot of damage where others faired pretty well, also the the shipping containers for the dry dock remodel never made it to the Bahamas as the cargo ships were rerouted away from the Hurricane and continued on there routes without stopping in the hurricane path zones.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If anyone is curious I just spoke to rci and the ship received the real voom o3b install this week. It wasn't impacted due to the technicians being based from Florida and no offshore parts. So that's kind of nice.

That's good news, but I'll believe it when I see the speedtest.net numbers.

Do you think the cigar lounge will remain?

Karen

Just a wild guess, but I suspect it will stay for now as they seem to be pressed for time, so I don't think they will take on any more projects than they have to.

Oh sorry, I didn't mean indefinitely. I was just wondering if the nightclub will still be there for my sailing on the 19th, since chops isn't going to be added until next year.

Hard to say, they might have to gut the nightclub to start working on Chops.