Adventure of the Seas Updated Details on 2016 Refurb

I appreciate that this information is out there.

We're booked for 12/17 so the changes will be in place by then. I'm far from delighted with it.

What is more frustrating is the reason we picked this ship is going away in the changes. We purchased the cruises before the notification was published so feel a bit ripped off.

The only reason we did not move ships is the price we got and that friends already booked to join us. Hopefully the changed will not spread to other ships of this class.

I am looking forward to the friends!

I've crossed the Adventure off my list going forward.

We're booked for 12/17 so the changes will be in place by then. I'm far from delighted with it.

What is more frustrating is the reason we picked this ship is going away in the changes. We purchased the cruises before the notification was published so feel a bit ripped off.

The only reason we did not move ships is the price we got and that friends already booked to join us. Hopefully the changed will not spread to other ships of this class.

So sorry to hear you are crossing AD off of your list. I know you have sailed her several times. We are actually excited about the changes. We pretty much only sail out of SJU and "rotate" between AD & JW depending on who has the best itinerary that year. We were getting tired of AD only have Giovannis as the only specialty dining. AD & JW have been the "stepchildren" for too long...being the last ships in the fleet for revitalization. JW was just revitalized in April and AD finally getting it in Oct. We may not like the changes once we get there but are excited that the ship is finally getting "changes"! (We aren't happy about Izumi being one of the restaurants being added...we wanted Sabor!)

So sorry to hear you are crossing AD off of your list. I know you have sailed her several times. We are actually excited about the changes. We pretty much only sail out of SJU and "rotate" between AD & JW depending on who has the best itinerary that year. We were getting tired of AD only have Giovannis as the only specialty dining. AD & JW have been the "stepchildren" for too long...being the last ships in the fleet for revitalization. JW was just revitalized in April and AD finally getting it in Oct. We may not like the changes once we get there but are excited that the ship is finally getting "changes"! (We aren't happy about Izumi being one of the restaurants being added...we wanted Sabor!)

Sabor really does have amazing food. That being said I love sushi and can't complain they are getting a Japanese venue. Also we were supposed to be on the Carnival cruise out of San Juan in 2014 that had the engine fire but we had to cancel at the last minute do to some family events. I am excited about the refit, we switched to Royal because I am addicted to the flowrider :). Glad to see Adventure is getting it along with the other improvements. Carnival currently has a 70,000 gross ton ship there and those have absolutely no appeal to the wife or me as we do not like the smaller ships at all.

I've been away from the thread for awhile, subscribed to it as a reminder to check here. Did a quick search and didn't see anything about the Coke Freestyle machines. I was hoping for that addition.

So what change is pushing your button?

I too am curious, she mentioned going away as in something she liked being gone. While there are additions I will probably not use, one thing the Oasis class taught me is things I don't use take people away from things I do use.

I too am curious, she mentioned going away as in something she liked being gone. While there are additions I will probably not use, one thing the Oasis class taught me is things I don't use take people away from things I do use.

Well her username has Cigar in it so maybe the loss of the cigar area?

Well her username has Cigar in it so maybe the loss of the cigar area?

I believe that is the case. I believe she has mentioned that over on the roll call for a sailing later this year (or next?). Her husband's screenname is "CigarKing".

I believe that is the case. I believe she has mentioned that over on the roll call for a sailing later this year (or next?). Her husband's screenname is "CigarKing".

Wow, you all are good. Yes, I am disappointed about the loss of the cigar lounge. We spend quite a lot of time there with our friends. It's easy to grab coffee and maybe a drink at the Promenade Café.

The pool deck is just okay but for visiting with friends with a cigar (cigarette in my case) and a drink, but it's not provided with comfortable chairs and tables. And, FWIW, wind and long hair do not go together:D

We stick with Voyager and Freedom class since it provides what we are looking for.

We will "suck it up" though.

Cruise vacations are waaaay better then work.

Wow, you all are good. Yes, I am disappointed about the loss of the cigar lounge. We spend quite a lot of time there with our friends. It's easy to grab coffee and maybe a drink at the Promenade Café.

The pool deck is just okay but for visiting with friends with a cigar (cigarette in my case) and a drink, but it's not provided with comfortable chairs and tables. And, FWIW, wind and long hair do not go together:D

We stick with Voyager and Freedom class since it provides what we are looking for.

We will "suck it up" though.

Cruise vacations are waaaay better then work.

Totally agree. When we started cruising most ships had a connoisseurs club. That was a great venue to stop after dinner or show to enjoy a cigar and a cocktail with others who were enjoying the same thing. The move to the pool deck is not even close to a nice lounge with leather seating. I always found it amazing how many folks gravitated to the cigar lounges in the evenings. It was always a fun spot.

Last I heard it was Oct 16, 2016 to Nov 14, 2016.

Yes Bob I think it is October 16th, we are on the 8 day cruise previous to this, 8-16 October and didn't realize it when we booked but we will have a great time regardless !!

Yes Bob I think it is October 16th, we are on the 8 day cruise previous to this, 8-16 October and didn't realize it when we booked but we will have a great time regardless !!

Thank-you for confirming.:)

We are on sailing on the 14th. We didn't know about the refurbishment when we booked either, but will also have a great time regardless! It will be fun to see the changes.

• 2 weeks later...
Card Room will move to Deck Nine where the current Concierge Lounge is. The Seven Hearts Card Room & Cloud Nine will become a "Suite Lounge". Chops will be located to the right side when you walk into the Windjammer. Izumi's will go where Jester's is on Deck Four. Haven't heard anything about Sabor.

Talked to a friend that is a Waiter on the Adventure of the Seas and the plans they showed to the crew reflected these changes planned for dry dock.

I asked the Suite Lounge Concierge on our Liberty cruise last week about other ships getting Suite Lounges, and he said they have been told all ships Voyager class and larger will be converted to Suite Lounges when they go thru dry dock.

We cant miss our nightly dancing...:(

Does anyone know if Johnny Rockets will stay? It still shows on the ship description, but was not sure with all the other pay restaurants coming in if they would take JR out or not.

My DH loves their burgers and onion rings. I just go in and watch him eat and grab a salad later from Windjammer or something. Way too much greasy food for me at Johnny Rockets.

I just saw this morning that Adventure of the Seas is getting the Typhoon and Cyclone Water Slides, along with a kid's water play area, a FlowRider surf simulator, an Izumi, among other things. Looking forward for the official release from Royal Caribbean and looking forward to my cruise in February on her!

Thanks for the info.

Remind me again what is happening to the library - is that becoming the cigar lounge? I can't tell by the deck plans (future/past). And if it does become the cigar lounge, would the cabins close to it smell the cigar smoke?

Remind me again what is happening to the library - is that becoming the cigar lounge? I can't tell by the deck plans (future/past). And if it does become the cigar lounge, would the cabins close to it smell the cigar smoke?

The cigar lounge is being eliminated. I don't recall what the present library will become.

The cigar lounge is being eliminated. I don't recall what the present library will become.

Ah, I see - I got lost in the cigar lounge talk so I think I assumed they were keeping it. I am not against a cigar lounge (I am a former smoker and would even indulge in a cigar now and again) but I don't necessarily want to smell them in my cabin. That was my only concern.