Adventure of the Seas Updated Details on 2016 Refurb

I would guess that Royal Caribbean will do everything it can to come through on this refurb. I don't know that they want to sustain any more black eyes right now. Even if they walked it back some, I'm sure there will still be some really good upgrades done during the refurb.

Just off AD and were told by very reliable sources that there will be some "surprises" that will be announced later. Some "new" things haven't been added during other revitalizations. Those same sources are "hoping" and "pushing" for CL to move to Deck 14 (Seven Hearts & Cloud 9) but it is not yet completely decided. If it is moved, then the current CL will become new inside staterooms. My understanding was that Chops will go where Jester's is and Izumi will go where Champagne bar is currently. Apparently plans are still in the process though so anything could change!

We were definitely hoping for Sabor but were told that won't happen. Apparently it is not getting the revenue RC hoped for. Basically, for the folks that try Sabor...they love it....but RC has not been successful at getting enough folks in the door of Sabor.

Just off AD and were told by very reliable sources that there will be some "surprises" that will be announced later. Some "new" things haven't been added during other revitalizations. Those same sources are "hoping" and "pushing" for CL to move to Deck 14 (Seven Hearts & Cloud 9) but it is not yet completely decided. If it is moved, then the current CL will become new inside staterooms. My understanding was that Chops will go where Jester's is and Izumi will go where Champagne bar is currently. Apparently plans are still in the process though so anything could change!

We were definitely hoping for Sabor but were told that won't happen. Apparently it is not getting the revenue RC hoped for. Basically, for the folks that try Sabor...they love it....but RC has not been successful at getting enough folks in the door of Sabor.

So the "surprises" that you are mentioning, are those above and beyond what was reported previously (the new water slides, Chops, Izumi, etc) or are those what you are referring to? I'd be interested to continue to get feedback from folks sailing on Adventure on what the crew, especially higher ups, are saying. Thanks for the insight skiiergirl!

So the "surprises" that you are mentioning, are those above and beyond what was reported previously (the new water slides, Chops, Izumi, etc) or are those what you are referring to? I'd be interested to continue to get feedback from folks sailing on Adventure on what the crew, especially higher ups, are saying. Thanks for the insight skiiergirl!

"More surprises" was stated after Chops, Izumi, and slides were mentioned in the conversation.

I was looking this morning at pricing on our cruise in February on Adventure of the Seas and noticed some changes to RCI's site. First off, if you go to the AOS page, it now lists things as "coming soon", like the FlowRider, the water slides, Boleros Latin Lounge, etc. When I started digging deeper, in going to the deck plans, I noticed that they have started to spell out specifically where the changes will be taking place. Here they are:

-Flow Rider- Aft deck 13 (all the way back)

-Water Slides- Aft deck 13 (one side of the Flow Rider)

-Splashaway Bay- Aft deck 13 (other side of the Flow Rider)

-10 new inside cabins- deck 3 next to the Photo Gallery (that's how I read it anyway)

-19 new cabins- deck 3 where Jesters used to be

-Chops Grill- deck 4 where Jesters used to be

-Boleros Latin Lounge- deck 4 where the Aquarium Bar used to be

-Aquarium bar- deck 4 across the Centrum from where it used to be

-Card Room/Library- deck 5 where the Connoisseur Lounge used to be

-Izumi- deck 5 middle of the Royal Promenade

-38 more cabins- deck 12 in front and around the sides of the Vitality Spa

-Suite Lounge- deck 14 where Seven Heart Card room and Cloud Nine used to be

The pool deck looks like it remains untouched (thank goodness!). I hope that helps. Please add to this if you notice anything missing. Thanks and I look forward to seeing her all revamped!

Edited by RC_Cruise_Addict
A few mispelled words

I was looking this morning at pricing on our cruise in February on Adventure of the Seas and noticed some changes to RCI's site. First off, if you go to the AOS page, it now lists things as "coming soon", like the FlowRider, the water slides, Boleros Latin Lounge, etc. When I started digging deeper, in going to the deck plans, I noticed that they have started to spell out specifically where the changes will be taking place. Here they are:

-10 new inside cabins- deck 3 next to the Photo Gallery (that's how I read it anyway)

The pool deck looks like it remains untouched (thank goodness!). I hope that helps. Please add to this if you notice anything missing. Thanks and I look forward to seeing her all revamped!

Thanks for the heads up!

Glad they're not messing with the main pool. They're putting Splashaway right where I thought they would.

Seems like a weird spot for Izumi. Does anyone know what that is replacing? Is it the sports bar? (If so, that most likely means no Vintages).

I'm going to guess that Aquarium Bar is going away also, despite what the deck plans show. On other ships, Boleros takes up both sides of that atrium.

Also, no R Bar? Must be a new trend, as it wasn't added to Jewel either.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Thanks for the heads up!

Glad they're not messing with the main pool. They're putting Splashaway right where I thought they would.

Seems like a weird spot for Izumi. Does anyone know what that is replacing? Is it the sports bar? (If so, that most likely means no Vintages).

I'm going to guess that Aquarium Bar is going away also, despite what the deck plans show. On other ships, Boleros takes up both sides of that atrium.

Also, no R Bar? Must be a new trend, as it wasn't added to Jewel either.

I wondered that myself, with regards to Izumi. I think it was the Sports Bar, as I no longer see that on the plans. I'm bummed about that. I was really looking forward to catching some games there.

Also, I didn't see where Adventure Dunes ended up. I hope they keep that. There's a greyed out spot on deck 12 where Adventure Beach is, maybe that is going to be part Dunes? I don't know, but I hope they're keeping it around.

That's a lot of cabins.

Also, I didn't see where Adventure Dunes ended up. I hope they keep that. There's a greyed out spot on deck 12 where Adventure Beach is, maybe that is going to be part Dunes? I don't know, but I hope they're keeping it around.

It might move to deck 13 forward, above the new Panoramic OV rooms. That's where they've moved Liberty's golf when she got her slides.

That's a lot of cabins.

Are there more than were added during the other Voyager Class refurbs?

It might move to deck 13 forward, above the new Panoramic OV rooms. That's where they've moved Liberty's golf when she got her slides.

Are there more than were added during the other Voyager Class refurbs?

Good point. Hopefully they'll update the deck plans soon to reflect wherever Adventure Dunes will be.

I just read that there are over 100 rooms being added on Royal Caribbean blog. I'm not sure how that compares to the other Voyager Class refurbs, but that seems like a lot to me. At leas they will be updating all of the existing rooms as well.

Edited by RC_Cruise_Addict
typo

I just read that there are over 100 rooms being added on Royal Caribbean blog. I'm not sure how that compares to the other Voyager Class refurbs, but that seems like a lot to me. At leas they will be updating all of the existing rooms as well.

I think 61 million to refurbished Adventure is a much better return than 50 million on Empress. But no one asked me. ;)

... Are there more than were added during the other Voyager Class refurbs?

I believe there were around 80 staterooms added to the other Voyager class ships, other than Mariner which has not yet had the major changes to add staterooms.

Edited by clarea

I believe there were around 80 staterooms added to the other Voyager class ships, other than Mariner which has not yet had the major changes to add staterooms.

Is there a Mariner refurbished scheduled?

Looks like Izumi is replacing the Sports Bar.

Bummer since I tend to cruise around the NFL draft and the beginning of Hockey and Basketball playoffs. I still remember being at the sports bar on Voyager and seeing a friend's kid get drafted by the Jets.

She's never coming back. :(

Where was she when you sailed her? (Mariner) I only remember her sailing out of the West Coast. I was on a 4 day on Majestyin 2013 and on the TV they were showing a video highlighting a 7 day Mariner cruise that really looked inviting, but to bad they had already pulled her from there years before.

Where was she when you sailed her? (Mariner) I only remember her sailing out of the West Coast. I was on a 4 day on Majestyin 2013 and on the TV they were showing a video highlighting a 7 day Mariner cruise that really looked inviting, but to bad they had already pulled her from there years before.

Several years in PC. That was the jump off for the famous round the horn. We did a B2B2B in 2008. That was the beginning of our Royal addiction. Empress didn't do it. ;)