Adventure of the Seas Updated Details on 2016 Refurb

OK...now y'all have me thinking:D:D:D:D:D

I was pretty sure I had heard that Izumis was going where the Champagne Bar is currently. But then when y'all reviewed the deck plans and said it was going where the sports bar is I just figured I had heard wrong. (Sad to see the sports bar leave though as we did go hang out there on several occasions.) Now that you mentioned Vintages....I am wondering if I was told Vintages was going where Champagne Bar is and that I was just "remembering wrong". Vintages makes more sense in that space than Izumi. Maybe Vintages is part of the "additional surprises" mentioned.

OK...now y'all have me thinking:D:D:D:D:D

I was pretty sure I had heard that Izumis was going where the Champagne Bar is currently. But then when y'all reviewed the deck plans and said it was going where the sports bar is I just figured I had heard wrong. (Sad to see the sports bar leave though as we did go hang out there on several occasions.) Now that you mentioned Vintages....I am wondering if I was told Vintages was going where Champagne Bar is and that I was just "remembering wrong". Vintages makes more sense in that space than Izumi. Maybe Vintages is part of the "additional surprises" mentioned.

Ahh, now that makes more sense. Getting rid of the Champagne Bar has been a trend lately, so I was rather surprised when reading it would be staying. I'm going to guess that it will more than likely be replaced. My other thought was...wait for it...a Bionic Bar (not my preference, but it crossed my mind).

• 2 weeks later...
Makes no sense to replace the revenue generating cigar lounge with a non-revenue generating library.

We don't know yet what they might do with the old library space.

Makes no sense to replace the revenue generating cigar lounge with a non-revenue generating library.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree. Frankly, I would have much rather seen the library stay where it is at, but turn it into the card room/library. I would have preferred to have Izumi take the place of the Cigar Lounge and then keep the Sports Bar put. It sounds like maybe the Sports Bar wasn't generating enough money, but maybe they could have revamped it or done something to draw more people. I was looking forward to watching some sports on all those tv's. I'm sure Royal Caribbean has there reasons. Frankly, there are plenty of other great additions that far outweigh this for me though.

Edited by RC_Cruise_Addict

Has anyone seen the official Adventure upgrades yet??? Or when it will happen???

Yes, if you go to the first page of this thread (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2360985) and read the first few pages it shows you and has a link to the official Royal Carribean press release. Also, if you go to the RC page for Adventure of the Seas (http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipCode=AD) it highlights a lot of the changes and the deck plans also show the changes. Enjoy! There is a lot of good new stuff coming, including water slides, flow rider, etc.

Edited by RC_Cruise_Addict

I agree. Frankly, I would have much rather seen the library stay where it is at, but turn it into the card room/library. I would have preferred to have Izumi take the place of the Cigar Lounge and then keep the Sports Bar put. It sounds like maybe the Sports Bar wasn't generating enough money, but maybe they could have revamped it or done something to draw more people. I was looking forward to watching some sports on all those tv's. I'm sure Royal Caribbean has there reasons. Frankly, there are plenty of other great additions that far outweigh this for me though.

I am disappointed about the Sports Bar going away. It's hockey season when we're going. And football season.

Thanks for all the info, we are going on May 6, 2017 on Adventure. Glad the upgrades will be done before we go on her. You would think the sports bar would do good on ship but when ever I have gone in there is no one or only a few people. I guess us guys do not like to watch sports on a cruise.

We will be on Adventure for the first time in February. We have been on several other ships with Royal but are very much looking forward to seeing Adventure for the first time. We love sailing out of Puerto Rico and it is just by chance that we are even on Adventure. We were actually booked on Celebrity Summit for a week in March and our cruise was chartered and what they were offering didn't work for us so we jumped over to Adventure instead.

If you have booked a cruise online or by phone and want to change, maybe even change ships, how do you do that? Another question:

we made plans with an agent, put down a hefty deposit, then changed our plans to another ship, so she still has our deposit. I would like to simply book my cruise online or with a RCC rep. Does that tie up our deposit with the agent, or how do they get that money back to you? How would I go about booking with RCC but getting my deposit back from the independent agent?

If you have booked a cruise online or by phone and want to change, maybe even change ships, how do you do that? Another question:

we made plans with an agent, put down a hefty deposit, then changed our plans to another ship, so she still has our deposit. I would like to simply book my cruise online or with a RCC rep. Does that tie up our deposit with the agent, or how do they get that money back to you? How would I go about booking with RCC but getting my deposit back from the independent agent?

A lot will depend on the contract that you signed with your agent. They may be entitled to a fee if you cancel. In that case you may be better off just having them rebook a different cruise for you to avoid paying this fee. Call your TA and ask them.

My sister is actually my agent so I just called her and she took care of it, but all she had to do was transfer our Celebrity booking to the Royal booking so no money was ever refunded, our deposit from Celebrity was just transferred to the deposit for Adventure.

My sister is actually my agent so I just called her and she took care of it, but all she had to do was transfer our Celebrity booking to the Royal booking so no money was ever refunded, our deposit from Celebrity was just transferred to the deposit for Adventure.

From what my agent says, any change in transferring funds, changing ships, rooms, etc. takes tons of time and involving all kinds of things. Perhaps I should change agents or simply book myself! Thanks Packerfan.

From what my agent says, any change in transferring funds, changing ships, rooms, etc. takes tons of time and involving all kinds of things. Perhaps I should change agents or simply book myself! Thanks Packerfan.

I would definitely change agents! Mine is phenomenal and is happy to make any and all changes we request! She doesn't offer "perks" but I would rather have "efficient service with a smile" rather than "perks".

It took her very little time and really does not involve much to switch the reservation. Then after she switched it, originally to March on Adventure, we decided to switch it again to the one in February so when they were offering the Black Friday deal last November we switched it again. She usually will give us a little bit of OBC but it would not matter either way. I do most of my own leg work and just have her take care of the paperwork. It works out really good because obviously she is available to me anytime I need her to do something unless she is on a cruise herself.

Some agents will put you in group bookings because they can get you better perks, those probably do take more time.

I would definitely change agents! Mine is phenomenal and is happy to make any and all changes we request! She doesn't offer "perks" but I would rather have "efficient service with a smile" rather than "perks".

Do some agents offer 'perks'...had no idea. I guess it's against roll-call rules to give names of agents, so I won't ask. The one I have was referred by someone who used to be an agent. Not a good choice for us tho. Thanks for the reply!